Matt is Numero Uno!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by matthams
    As much as I'd like to enter a national qualifier, I don't want to be embarrassed up there.
    Just think to yourself that on stage, you look better then 99.9976% of americans.

2. You guys are very motivating! I've decided I'm definitely gonna do it.
    I have question though. forgive me as I'm not too familiar with NPC rules... can I enter the novice AND the open? Some one at bb.com said to enter both... if I can I'll definately go that route...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by matthams
    You guys are very motivating! I've decided I'm definitely gonna do it.
    I have question though. forgive me as I'm not too familiar with NPC rules... can I enter the novice AND the open? Some one at bb.com said to enter both... if I can I'll definately go that route...
    Yes you can cross-over. You pay double the entry fee usually, but nonetheless can enter 2 classes.

I entered the Novice and Open in my contest as well. I got creamed in the Open, but it was a great experience. Plus, I think I posed much better in the Open. I personally believe my posing in the Open allowed me to get 5th in the Novice; my posing in the Novice wasn't anywhere near as good.

4. oh well then awesome!!! thats what I'm gonna do for sure!

5. Dude, you were so shredded onstage, that looks like pro-level conditioning. Your upper body at least, the shots of your legs don't make the details extremely visible, but no matter: you have what it takes, big time.

From the onstage shots, it looks like the judges had it fairly easy. One question for you: when you saw the other guys, did you know you were better than them or what? How did you feel about your possible placing? What was going on in your mind?

Congratulations on a thoroughly deserved win.

6. Just be prepared to hit the stage twice during pre-judging.

Pre-judging is an exhausting experience I'm sure you already know. In a national qualifier, your posing is all that much more important so it's all that much more exhausting. You can't relax for so much as a split second. The judges most definitely DO look at everyone at all times. In the Open, I caught them looking at me while I was standing off to the side several times. I had to maintain a fully flexed front relaxed pose for about 10 minutes straight in the Open. When I stepped off stage I just about collapsed as did almost every other competitor. They had all kinds of emergency medical supplies standing by and EMTs and stuff right there just in case. One guy was so exhausted they offered him oxygen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    From the onstage shots, it looks like the judges had it fairly easy. One question for you: when you saw the other guys, did you know you were better than them or what? How did you feel about your possible placing? What was going on in your mind?
    Fist off, thanks for the compliments!
    When I saw the other guys in the pump up room, I was pretty confident. I knew my conditioning was right on so I was ok with that. I had the best overall shape too. And on top of that I knew my legs, even though not the greatest, were better than all the others. I knew it was gonna come down to me and the second place guy. He was bigger than me up top, but had no legs at all. So overall I was pretty confident I would at least take second, but I had a feeling i'd place first...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. The Case for Pound-for-Pound Numero Uno!
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. Muscle publications Which one is numer uno
    By MaDmaN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM