get ripped

gqsuperman

Awards
anyone else have a proposed diet for the week leading up to a show. i saw the 7 day plan in the previous thread, but i'm looking for alternate methods that people have used with success.

this isn't so much for a competition, rather than just trying to bring out that added definition for a day at the beach or a photo shoot etc.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

All I can really say would be to low carb it for most of the week and then add them back in carefully. No reason in being to precise since it's only for the beach. You may also want to take in some dandelion root. You may also want to take in some GXR or Krala during your carb load.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Vitargo would be good for the loading phase..

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
25g oats from tues -thurs
0 carbs friday

eat as much **** as possible saturday morning

3 gals water monday - thurs
1.5 or so gals water friday until 4pm

that's obviously a super quick description

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
eat as much **** as possible saturday morning
By **** what do you mean. It seems to me that alot of simple carbs and protein would be very good Saturday, but when you say **** some people may think, over all junk food (laden with fat and carb) this IMHO would defeat the purpose of the simple carb, as it will slow down the refeed a lot.

But what do I know I only have 3 posts...:)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no i mean exactly that foods that are FILLED with simple carbs and fat .. at that point protein is worthless

before my show i ate

pancakes with tons of syrup
a pizza (yes an entire pizza)
white toast with jam
donuts, blueberry muffins, cookies, cake
snickers bar

basically as long as you are depleted and dry enough (these are both SO VERY important) than its pretty impossible to **** up a **** load

all the **** you are taking in will go straight to filling glycogen stores

this is why so many people say they look better the day after a show (because the night after the show they pig out on **** and the next day they look great because of it)

traditional carb ups certainly work .. there is just more room for error with those

i can go a lot more in depth if anyone would like, but i can say for experience it works VERY well

oh its also VERY important to take in a ton of sodium at this point (after having done a sodium depletion)

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, you don't think it would of worked a lot better without any fat? I don't know how fat can be converted to glycogen. Also don't you think dietary fat will slow the absorption of sugars ie. simple carbs?

I am interested in hearing your thougt on this. By that rational then a good post WO meal would consist of carbs protein and fat? No? Or am I missing something, I understand that the subject is depleated, but post WO you are pretty depleated as well.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
real quickly .. that would be a terrible PWO meal because the point of a PWO meal isn't to look good for a few hours .. you WILL spill over eventually with a shitload BUT it works like a gem during the show

i will get back to you with the fat thing i'm kinda in a rush now

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how did you look at the night show if the spillover happens only hours after?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 4
Anabolics 5
Supplement Logs 15
Supplements 21
mixedup Anabolics 82