Am i eating enough ? Opinions please.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Im starting a 3 month cut for my next show. Right now Im about 195 pounds at 5 foot 8. My competition weight will be around 175. Im trying to maintain as much muscle as possible during my cut. My diet will be looking like this :meal 1 (pre workout) : 8 egg whites , 2 petite sweet potatosMeal 2 (post workout) : 10 egg whites , 2 petite sweetg potatosMeal 3- 8 oz chicken with veggies and light bbq sauce, 2 tbsp flax seed oilMeal 4-8 oz chicken with vegies and light bbq sauceMeal 5-8 oz chicken with vefies and light bbq sauceMeal 6-10 egg whites with either 2 tbsp natural PB or 2 tbsp flax seed oilSupplements:Fish oilflax seed oilpre workout (craze)multivitaminsuper digestive enzymesI workout 5 days a week that consists of weight lifting and cardio just 3 times a week Any thoughts or opinions ?

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
What's your maintenance calorie level, what's this diets calorie level, what's your macro split.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
assuming by next show youre reffering to having competed before, do you not know how to calculate TDEE? a list of foods doesnt mean anything

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I try to get in 2500 calories a day. My high carb meals are pre and post workout and then just vegetables the rest of the day. Im getting in 300 grams of protein a day. Im new to competeing. I just did my first show and placed 1st place as novice middle weight. All I did was just eat clean foods but I didnt count calories, fats or carbs at all. Just ate really clean. Im not too sure what TDEE is ?

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
You're going to want to check out myfitnesspal - app & on the web - log your food - count cals - track your macros: protein/fats/carbs

TDEE - total daily energy expenditure - there's a bunch of different ones online, but I'm not sure which is best, maybe someone else has a good one?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Are you eating enough? At 12 weeks out I think carbs are a bit low. I think you are roughly 100 carbs a day not including vegis. You don't want to cut carbs out too early it can hurt you. I am guessing the sweet potatoes at 4 oz ea. I measure everything in ounces for my cuts. I know that 8 oz sweet potato is roughly 50 carbs or 1 cup rice. 8 oz of chicken or turkey give me my 50 g of protein.

I second myfitnesspal as an assistant for ya. It will help. I would be way 250 carbs 12 weeks out Then slowly taper.

But my way may not work for as it does for me. Everyone is different

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Well I feel it would depend on some factors. Like what kind of cardio / how much are you doing of it? Your carb / fat intake im hoping will vary daily once you find out how much calories your burning off.

What supplements are you taking?

grandroid828

Awards
Are you eating enough? At 12 weeks out I think carbs are a bit low. I think you are roughly 100 carbs a day not including vegis. You don't want to cut carbs out too early it can hurt you. I am guessing the sweet potatoes at 4 oz ea. I measure everything in ounces for my cuts. I know that 8 oz sweet potato is roughly 50 carbs or 1 cup rice. 8 oz of chicken or turkey give me my 50 g of protein.

I second myfitnesspal as an assistant for ya. It will help. I would be way 250 carbs 12 weeks out Then slowly taper.

But my way may not work for as it does for me. Everyone is different
Good advice. And seriously. Myfitnesspal is a godsend. Every food you would EVER eat. I mean down to different flavors of offbrand pre workout drinks! And it even maps it out on a pie chart percentage wise too. Killer tool to use imo.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to list your meals in a list format, much easier to see and assess IMO. Also, I think for 12 weeks out, your cals are for to low.

Mike