So who is doing shows in 2013

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    I plan on it. Still debating whether I should stick to lighweight or go back to physique though. I kimd of prefer Physique, but the odds pf turning pro as a lightweight fbb are just better right now due to the popularity of the new physique category.

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Physique is challenging with all the competitors, but fun too. More fun for females then males.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition


  2. Got a time table for may next year to do a local north east NPC show. Currently around 250 clean bulking looking to start cuting after new year to 225 and evaluate. At least that's the plan so far anyway till I see the schedule.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Physique is challenging with all the competitors, but fun too. More fun for females then males.
    Physique is geting very competitive at least in the NY metro area.

  4. ^yeah last comp was a beast. First time I took stage, for pre judging, there was 38 others with me. The judges did 3 cuts just to look at the competition together. Out of the 38, 30 were worthy and looked good. Leaness is becoming awesome. Competitors are dropping more and more fat, and becoming g very rippied
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  5. How much cardio do you end up doing to prep?
    •   
       


  6. I do cardio consitently all year. I maintain 10-12%BF when not competing. When in pre comp mode, about 6 weeks out I perfect my diet, and add 15 min extra cardio. How I judge it, is I make my diet a 3,500 cal deficit a week, so 500 cals per day. Thats a lb of fat. As I get 4 weeks out I readjust depending how I look. The mirror doesnt lie, and neither does my wife. If I need ledd cals and more cardio I bump it up, if I am looking good I stay the same. About 2 weeks out, I do it again a re evaluate depending on my mirror. If I need more fat loss I add cardio in the morning, fasted with BCAA. If not I keep it the same.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  7. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer
    I do cardio consitently all year. I maintain 10-12%BF when not competing. When in pre comp mode, about 6 weeks out I perfect my diet, and add 15 min extra cardio. How I judge it, is I make my diet a 3,500 cal deficit a week, so 500 cals per day. Thats a lb of fat. As I get 4 weeks out I readjust depending how I look. The mirror doesnt lie, and neither does my wife. If I need ledd cals and more cardio I bump it up, if I am looking good I stay the same. About 2 weeks out, I do it again a re evaluate depending on my mirror. If I need more fat loss I add cardio in the morning, fasted with BCAA. If not I keep it the same.
    This is similar to my plan this off-season. Fasted cardio 5 days a week for 45min with 2 scoops modernBCAA on my belly. It's working awesome right now.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    I do cardio consitently all year. I maintain 10-12%BF when not competing. When in pre comp mode, about 6 weeks out I perfect my diet, and add 15 min extra cardio. How I judge it, is I make my diet a 3,500 cal deficit a week, so 500 cals per day. Thats a lb of fat. As I get 4 weeks out I readjust depending how I look. The mirror doesnt lie, and neither does my wife. If I need ledd cals and more cardio I bump it up, if I am looking good I stay the same. About 2 weeks out, I do it again a re evaluate depending on my mirror. If I need more fat loss I add cardio in the morning, fasted with BCAA. If not I keep it the same.
    As of late I'ved been concentrating to stay lean year round too, much easier to cut. Funny about your wife..mine is the same she is tough on me too lol!
    Im debating if I should do 45min cardio or 15-20HIIT....So far been doing 10min HIIT with alow carb diet to maintain, but im on the fence what to do contest prep between HIIT or reg 45-1h cardio
    Do you take any fat burners like t3?

  9. I prefer cardio training. But thats because I like to split it up with my workouts. Days off of work I do Morning cardio and evening workouts. If need be I would follow up with more cardio.

    As far as T3, I have never used it. I have a bottle of liquid T3, but didn't want to mess with the Thyroid. I do like Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Some people dont like them, I think they are effective. Just start out slow.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    This is similar to my plan this off-season. Fasted cardio 5 days a week for 45min with 2 scoops modernBCAA on my belly. It's working awesome right now.
    I like modern BCAA, USP did a good job with them. I had about 10 sample packets and they were pretty good.They are nice and fine, not gainy. I was mixxing Blox with Dymatize 5050 unflavored BCAA which I like too. I have a lot of Dymatize 5050 (1000g) so I am thinking of MIO with the unflavored BCAA, I will let you know if it mixes well. And how it taste.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  11. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    I prefer cardio training. But thats because I like to split it up with my workouts. Days off of work I do Morning cardio and evening workouts. If need be I would follow up with more cardio.

    As far as T3, I have never used it. I have a bottle of liquid T3, but didn't want to mess with the Thyroid. I do like Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Some people dont like them, I think they are effective. Just start out slow.
    I would rather preffer not to take t3 for same concerns as you stated. I got a box just in case, but I might give clen a shot first and alternate HIIT and regular cardio.
    Do you keep weight training sessions short and intense?

  12. Right now I am bulking. Trying to add a little to my biceps and back this year. So I hit weights, do slow reps and still keep my rest about a minute. I warm up with about 20 reps of light weight and do 4 to 5 heavy sets. I shoot for 8 to 10 reps. Sometimes less.

    Once I am done with about 45-1hr of weight training I jump on cardio.

    That's my schedule on days I work. When I am off, I may do cardio in am and weight training in evening.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  13. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer

    I like modern BCAA, USP did a good job with them. I had about 10 sample packets and they were pretty good.They are nice and fine, not gainy. I was mixxing Blox with Dymatize 5050 unflavored BCAA which I like too. I have a lot of Dymatize 5050 (1000g) so I am thinking of MIO with the unflavored BCAA, I will let you know if it mixes well. And how it taste.
    Yeah I really like USP bcaa. I logged iSatori bcaa a bit ago. Not bad either. I like to do them before before and mix two servings. When I get up in the middle of the night I take the second serving. Works out pretty good for me anyway
    supermaz on BB.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Right now I am bulking. Trying to add a little to my biceps and back this year. So I hit weights, do slow reps and still keep my rest about a minute. I warm up with about 20 reps of light weight and do 4 to 5 heavy sets. I shoot for 8 to 10 reps. Sometimes less.

    Once I am done with about 45-1hr of weight training I jump on cardio.

    That's my schedule on days I work. When I am off, I may do cardio in am and weight training in evening.
    My sessions are very similar to yours, try to keep it under 1 hour. I've been doing something similar where I do high reps to warm up then drop reps and increase weights. About 1 min rest seems to be my sweet spot too, sometimes I superset and it gets even more intense with great pumps.
    For the next few weeks Im going to hammer compound exercises and only train 3 days a week and every time to failure. I need to shock the body into growing a bit. Have you tried something like that or used a different method?

  15. Last year, I did a push pull routine, with a 2 day split. Mon (chest/back) tues (shoulders/Abbs/cardio) wed off thurs (legs) fri(bis/tris/cardio) sat off sun (cardio abs). My workouts were long, about 2 hours some days. I grew nicely though. After 8 weeks, plus upping cals to about 500 over maintnance, I put on about 10lbs. About 4 was muscle when I cut back down. I was strict on my calories and when I ate.

    After those 8 weeks, I changed my routine to one body part per day and 6 days a week working out. I completed my workout with cardio and a short abb routine. This leaned me while keeping my muscle.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  16. NPC Pittsburgh Championships and Jr. Nationals if i requalify.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    This is similar to my plan this off-season. Fasted cardio 5 days a week for 45min with 2 scoops modernBCAA on my belly. It's working awesome right now.
    Purpose of bcaa with cardio?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by double s

    Purpose of bcaa with cardio?
    Since its fasted and on keto, BCAA insure that muscle is being spared and if there's glucogenisis(sp?) going on, they'll take care or it. Also helps suppress cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Leucine helps kick start protein synthesis so my meal could be considered more anabolic when I do eat & leucine has also been shown to create insulin sensitivity to some degree.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  19. Simply put BCAA=Muscle Sparing

    especially when fasted. it's muscle fuel.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  20. i got plans for the jay cutler desert classic march 3rd........man i'll tell what.. theres very little info on the 2013 show,i found a NV n.p.c schedule.

    so if anyone hears or finds a site on this show PLEASE let me know,a think ats at the pearl again....

  21. For those that use creatine, when do you cease usage or do you continue to use it even during a show?

  22. When I start my pre show diet about 12 weeks out I stop. But I donth think its necessary to stop that early.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  23. Quote Originally Posted by 16dawg23 View Post
    i got plans for the jay cutler desert classic march 3rd........man i'll tell what.. theres very little info on the 2013 show,i found a NV n.p.c schedule.

    so if anyone hears or finds a site on this show PLEASE let me know,a think ats at the pearl again....

    Agreed Bro, I was told by NPC Florida, they planned on having the shows up on Dec. 3. That was monday and none on their site or NPC News. I know April 's weekend is going to be 19,20; But I wanted to plan up to it. I planned to hit two back to back, maybe three if I think I can take the pre contest mode that long. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  24. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    For those that use creatine, when do you cease usage or do you continue to use it even during a show?
    man...thats one for a vet...and i bet ya still get a few different answers.ive put some in my sipping water on show day....can't tell ya if it was rite or wrong,we all got our trix for show prep...IMO people run out of stuff to tweak so they (we) tweak stuff that most likely just be left alone.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Agreed Bro, I was told by NPC Florida, they planned on having the shows up on Dec. 3. That was monday and none on their site or NPC News. I know April 's weekend is going to be 19,20; But I wanted to plan up to it. I planned to hit two back to back, maybe three if I think I can take the pre contest mode that long. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    theres very lil info for 2013 (npc),i the only thing i found was a NV npc page with dates for 4 shows. the desert classic is march 30th at the same place as last year, IMO your best bet is to find the promoters name that dose the event and go from there.......im with ya man

  26. Yeah it's a real buzz kill. Couldn't find anything for Ohio either, just natural stuff. For this reason, I'm just going to focus on size all of 2013 and come in at the top of middle weight class in 2014. Striated Glutes!!!! Lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yeah it's a real buzz kill. Couldn't find anything for Ohio either, just natural stuff. For this reason, I'm just going to focus on size all of 2013 and come in at the top of middle weight class in 2014. Striated Glutes!!!! Lol
    been there done that....this is that time...its been one year since last show.......the bulk i put on will hopefully be worth the wait, wont know till i cut.

  28. hey now, just got off the (npc news online) looks like its all fresh info so take a look my friends....its all there ...i hope.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by 16dawg23 View Post
    hey now, just got off the (npc news online) looks like its all fresh info so take a look my friends....its all there ...i hope.
    Thanks bro!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  30. I plan to do my first Npc figure show in Pitt in may, it will be my second show overall.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Doing Shows in Your 30's
    By trend747 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 06:57 AM
  2. So who is gonna watch I am Legend ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM
  3. Who is the 'expert' in MMA?
    By DieTrying in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM
  4. Who is more happy in life
    By MaynardMeek in forum Politics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Log in
Log in