mens physique prep!

  1. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    mens physique prep!


    ok so i want to do a mens physique show. before u flame me and call me a homo and try to get me banned from the forum just hear me out. i am 100percent a bodybuilder at heart i eat like one train like one and act like one. its just that my genetics say otherwise. ive been training for aslong as i can remember but when i look in the mirror i closely resemble the top mens physique competitiors as i am taller and just cannot aguire the freak size and density required to go anywhere in body building. so basically i want to compete in physique because i think i can win but my problem is i dont know where to start. what does a precontest cycle even look like for a physique competitor? can some one give me an example or a template or even what thy think they run. if i get enough interest in this thread ill post what i think id do for a precontest cycle though i feel like im far off. thanks in advance

  2. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    6628020

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160
    ok so i want to do a mens physique show. before u flame me and call me a homo and try to get me banned from the forum just hear me out. i am 100percent a bodybuilder at heart i eat like one train like one and act like one. its just that my genetics say otherwise. ive been training for aslong as i can remember but when i look in the mirror i closely resemble the top mens physique competitiors as i am taller and just cannot aguire the freak size and density required to go anywhere in body building. so basically i want to compete in physique because i think i can win but my problem is i dont know where to start. what does a precontest cycle even look like for a physique competitor? can some one give me an example or a template or even what thy think they run. if i get enough interest in this thread ill post what i think id do for a precontest cycle though i feel like im far off. thanks in advance
    People actually get banned for wanting a good looking physique on bodybuilding forums?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  3. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    joking buddy
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    649002

    Why don't you post some pics up....
  5. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    6628020

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q
    Why don't you post some pics up....
    I was about say that :stolen: :thunder:

    Stats?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  6. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    649002

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I was about say that :stolen: :thunder:

    Stats?


    HA!!! He should let us decide if he should do Physique!!
  7. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    im 6ft3in about 235 idk bf percentage exactly because i dont trust bioimpedence scales but thats all i have acess to but abbs and ribs are visible. i like to think my diet and training are in check as i am an exercise science major ill post pics when i get a chance maybee ill have some old ones on my computer.

    still noone has even attempted to awnser my question
  8. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258611

    ^what?!?! Old ones??? He knows darn well his facebook is probably plastered with tons of pics! Haha! But no, seriously...you should post pics. You can crop out your head if your anonymously seeking support, but posting stats only gets you so far...and exercise science major or not. Even trainers have trainers! You might need a certain umph to get you to the next step, whether it be a new formulated diet or training program. We are anxiously awaiting a visual to better assist you;-)
  9. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    im not the kind of person to post pics of myself so no i have absolutely none on my facebook. i dont sse how pictures of myself is helping anyone awnser my question.

    all i wanted to know is what a pre-contest cycle for a physique competitor looks like or what ppl think it looks like. i sureley know what a precontest cycle is like for a bodybuilder but im sure they are different being that u can be too muscular for physique
  10. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160
    im not the kind of person to post pics of myself so no i have absolutely none on my facebook. i dont sse how pictures of myself is helping anyone awnser my question.

    all i wanted to know is what a pre-contest cycle for a physique competitor looks like or what ppl think it looks like. i sureley know what a precontest cycle is like for a bodybuilder but im sure they are different being that u can be too muscular for physique
    So we can tell you what you need to improve and what kinda of cycle to run there is no cycle called "the standard pre contest cycle"
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  11. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    649002

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160 View Post
    im not the kind of person to post pics of myself so no i have absolutely none on my facebook. i dont sse how pictures of myself is helping anyone awnser my question.

    all i wanted to know is what a pre-contest cycle for a physique competitor looks like or what ppl think it looks like. i sureley know what a precontest cycle is like for a bodybuilder but im sure they are different being that u can be too muscular for physique

    So your telling us that all physique competitors look the same and should ALL be on the same exact cycle?? I'm sorry but the above highlighted sentence in your above post is ludicrous. Not all BB's look the same and are on the same cycle, so why would physique competitor's be any different? You say your quite muscular and obviously you have a large frame at 6ft3in but w/out seeing you, no one could possibly help you. You might not need what a guy 5ft10in would because YOU DON'T LOOK THE SAME!!!! You come on here, start a thread and immediately act like you will get flamed and instead of posting pics ( SO WE CAN HELP YOU) you act defensive and frankly quite immature...
  12. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    10,153
    Rep Power
    10502186

    If you closely resemble the top physique competitors then you are stage ready.

    If you can only just see your abs then you need to lose fat.

    That is as helpful as I can be. What you do pre contest depends on your conditioning at the time.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  13. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you closely resemble the top physique competitors then you are stage ready.

    If you can only just see your abs then you need to lose fat.

    That is as helpful as I can be. What you do pre contest depends on your conditioning at the time.
    be resemblence i mean general shape by no means is my conditioning even close to a physique competitor but i dont plan on competeing until spring if i even do

    im trying my best to get some pics but my phone is retartded lol
  14. Registered User
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,329
    Rep Power
    2408727

    honestly bro, you say your a bodybuilder through and through. treat it like a bodybuilding prep up until the last few days where you dont need to dry out nearly as much. you need to be showing up to physique diced anyways. pictures will help as far as further assistance in what you're going to need to or at least to help give direction.
    Orbitnutrition.com for all your supplement needs! Any questions about our products? Ask me! I can help!
  15. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    Bro, I am in the same boat, taller, decent frame, no chance in Bodybuilding. I love having the physique class. I don't give a phuck what you call me, I like it. I am competing in April, may hit another NPC event a few weeks before then too. If you have been keeping up with physique, there is little constencey with the pros. Some are smaller and leaner, while others are a little more muscular. But key is to look athletic, be reasonably lean, and make your body look the best with what you have. Each person has to work different parts more. Me I have to work my back more its my weak point. My front is pretty ripped and leans out great. So post photos so we can see what your working with and what is instore for you. Maybe you lack front delts, or traps, or calves. All that comes into play. Maybe you are like me with a very well developed front and need more back.
  16. Registered User
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    497

    im tryin to post pics. i appreciate ur responce as u see the point im trying to get across. never did i say im gonna go win a show tommarow or anytime soon but that my body resemble a physigue competitor much more so then a bber. instead of awnsering my question everyone is trying to bash me because i feel i can suceed somewhere. also i was under the impresion physique is a little healthier as the drug protocol is not as intense. thats y i am trying to see the differences
  17. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    6628020

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric160
    im tryin to post pics. i appreciate ur responce as u see the point im trying to get across. never did i say im gonna go win a show tommarow or anytime soon but that my body resemble a physigue competitor much more so then a bber. instead of awnsering my question everyone is trying to bash me because i feel i can suceed somewhere. also i was under the impresion physique is a little healthier as the drug protocol is not as intense. thats y i am trying to see the differences
    Nobody bashed you. We said post pics and your stats so that we could help you
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Men's physique training advice.
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 12:31 PM
  3. Mens Health: 8 Training Mistakes
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 01:44 AM
  4. Low Test Levels in Men are harmful
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 05:43 AM
  5. for men only
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in