PRECONTEST DIET HELP... CRITIQUE PLEASE!

MBracewell01

Awards
IM ABOUT 19 WEEKS OUT FROM A SHOW. I BEGAN MY PRE CONTEST DIET ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE BEEN SLOWLY TAPERING CARBS(DIDNT WANT TO GO LOW CARB TOO QUICKLY AND GET LETHARGIC). I HAVE BEEN EATING THE EXACT SAME THINGS AT THE EXACT SAME TIME EVERY DAY. I'M CURRENTLY AT 227 POUNDS AND 5 FOOT 9. I'M AIMING TO GET DOWN TO 198 FOR THE LIGHT HEAVY CLASS. HOW DOES MY DIET LOOK? IS THIS TOO LOW CARB TO WHERE I'M GOING TO BE LOSING A TON OF MUSCLE MASS? ANY POINTERS OR TIPS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! I THINK IM ABOUT 15% BODY FAT, NO ABS BUT I DO HAVE GOOD VASCULARITY IN MY ARMS AND LEGS. ILL POST SOME PICTURES LATER!

8AM- 1/2 CUP ROLLED OATS, 25 GRAMS WHEY, 2 SPOONS ALMOND BUTTER, FLAX SEED, 1/2 CUP RAW EGG WHITES

10AM- 1 CUP BROWN RICE, 6 OZ CHICKEN

10:30 WORKOUT

12PM- 1 CUP BROWN RICE, 6OZ CHICKEN

2PM- 6 OZ CHICKEN

4PM- 6OZ CHICKEN, 16 ALMONDS

6PM- 6OZ CHICKEN, 16 ALMONDS

8PM- 6 OZ CHICKEN

10PM- 1 SCOOP CASEIN

DiZel Fit

DiZel Fit

Awards
carbs are extremly low for 19 weeks out, i would start with a 40%carb 30%protein and 30% fats for this far out, then gradually shave off little here and there as you need to make adjustments, pics would help a great deal. if you need some help arranging your diet shoot me a pm.

DiZel

Sylvo2121

Awards
The carbs look super low to me as well. I think you should throw in a sweet potato at night and 2nd meal have 1-2 rice cakes (plain) and for your b4 bed meal some cottage cheese -cup or so. Hope you are getting in one cheat meal. It will help shake things up a bit and satisfy!

FBB_Suzanne

FBB_Suzanne

Awards
I also think carbs are I generally have barbs at every meal in prep except last meal but I also go with lower fat

MBracewell01

Awards
I did the low carb diet for 3 1/2 weeks and went from 16% to 11%. Didnt lose any weight, still sitting at 227ish so def gained some muscle in there too. Abs are starting to come in and im seeing good vascularity and definition in my legs. Started a new diet 3 days ago. Taking in 3700 calories total. Protein: 270 grams Carbs:530 Fat: 56. Thoughts?

DiZel Fit

DiZel Fit

Awards
i personally would advise a little lower caloric intake and a more balanced macro profile , just based on how you look ( legs look big and upper body thick) you have a good starting point. i would suggest something like 235 protein , 310 carbs and 100 fat . 3100 cals total. its more balanced and from there you change the numbers much like setting a stereo equalizer. slowly taking out carbs in crease fats and proteins , or vice versa. still have a lot of time 14-15 weeks, but now its time to really hammer out a plan , and just go with it. any front shots? what SUPPLEMENTS are you on? you can pm me if you dont want to post here. but good job getting down 4% bf

DiZel