cannot lose lower belly fat

mchief101

Awards
it's funny iv been counting and tracking what i eat. cardio 30-60 mins 3-4 days a week with somewhat heavy lifting. upper body getting cut but only my stomach and love handles stay till the very end :( sucks...clean bulking

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
That area is always last for me too. I can get my arms and legs pretty cut and vascular, but its that lower stomach area that likes to hang on for dear life. Keep up the hard work and itll pay off slow but sure. you could try some HIIT sessions maybe 2 of your 4 cardio day a week, and also look into carb cycling and timing.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
it's funny iv been counting and tracking what i eat. cardio 30-60 mins 3-4 days a week with somewhat heavy lifting. upper body getting cut but only my stomach and love handles stay till the very end :( sucks...clean bulking
It will be pretty tough to lose fat -- especially from the lower stomach and lower back -- if you are doing a "clean bulk" and are in a caloric surplus. Are you in a daily/weekly caloric deficit? How far under maintenance is your caloric intake?

Also, what time of the day are you doing your cardio? What type of cardio are you doing? Are you eating beforehand?

mchief101

Awards
hahaha the clean bulking part i meant i am going to start tomorrow. But i was in a caloric deficit at 2055 and my macros were 46f/190c/221p. Some days were close to the macros however it still added up to 2055 calories. i do cardio usually after workout or on my off days or in the mornings. my cardio is LISS and no i am not eating before hand

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're "bulking", no matter how clean, you're NOT likely to lose bodyfat. If you were "cutting", that would be different, and if you were losing from everywhere but your lower abdomen, then that's likely to be the place where the bodyfat would go from last, and would just be a matter of time until it went.

Also, what time of the day are you doing your cardio? What type of cardio are you doing? Are you eating beforehand?
What time of day cardio is done, and whether it is fasted or non-fasted does not matter, even for fat loss.

hahaha the clean bulking part i meant i am going to start tomorrow. But i was in a caloric deficit at 2055 and my macros were 46f/190c/221p. Some days were close to the macros however it still added up to 2055 calories. i do cardio usually after workout or on my off days or in the mornings. my cardio is LISS and no i am not eating before hand
I see. If you were in a constant caloric deficit when aiming for fat loss, if you were ALWAYS in a deficit, then could be that you weren't eating enough, or your body needs a "shock" like a few higher than Maintenance calorie days to keep your fat loss progressing. Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, if that area is the LAST place your body loses bodyfat from, then you just have to be patient. As with anything though, if you're NOT getting the results you want, then you need to look at your NUTRITION AND TRAINING (primarily nutrition!), and adjust it accordingly, to ensure consistent progress in the direction of your goals.

~Rosie~

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It comes last for some. I have striated glutes before a six pack, seriously.

Mike

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie put it very well. That's my last area to go too and it's so frustration some times. Just have to keep hammering away at it. It's a slow process but worth it when you get there. I found carb cycling to be effective for me.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're "bulking", no matter how clean, you're NOT likely to lose bodyfat. If you were "cutting", that would be different, and if you were losing from everywhere but your lower abdomen, then that's likely to be the place where the bodyfat would go from last, and would just be a matter of time until it went.

~Rosie~
Would you make that statement for someone on the juice? JW..sounds like your saying you can't put on muscle while simultaneously losing fat during the same routine/diet regimen...??