Johnny Reid's road to the UKBFF Britain Finals 2011 - Sponsored by AD & CSN

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
HI all,

I have introduced myself but not been online a lot since. I have now committed myself to blog daily right here on my newest contest prep.

Firstly a quick reminder of who i am:

My names Johnny Reid, i'm 22 years old and an ammeteur national competitive bodybuilder.

I started training end of 2008 at 19 years old the going on to win my first show in 2009 at the age of 20. That was as a junior in the NABBA Wales and i also qualified for the NABBA BRITS & UNIVERSE.

Unfortunately i suffered a torn tendon in my pec soon after which caused me to sit out the next year and a half....

I have recently made my comeback at the Nabba Wales 2011 in Class 1 where i got 2nd place. I also got an invite to the Britain Finals but i decided not to compete.

I am currently dieting to compete in the UKBFF Wales in September 2011 where i will enter the Intermediate O90kg category (although i would love to make U90kg i'll see how the weight comes off). Hoping to then qualify and compete at the UKBFF Britain Finals in October in the respective class.

I am currently sponsored by Anabolic Designs and Cardiff sports nutrition and i will be helping blog on the AD range and their effectiveness.

As a sponsored athelete you would say I am obliged to compliment their supplements but in actual fact those who have tried or looked into the AD range will know their products are one of the most extensively reasearched and highest quality supplements available today!

Thanks for reading!!
Johnny Reid
Team AD & CSN!!

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Friday 10th of June UPDATE.

Hi all here's how my day has gone and how it will go:

I woke up this morning and did 45mins fasted cardio along with some Ice cold Lemon water.

I got home and then had my 80g of carbs from oats, 50g protein from whey along with a serving of Ravenous (anabolic designs) and Shredabull (anabolic designs).

2.5 hours later i had 70g carbs from brown rice and 50g protein from chicken breast. Along with some seasoning and my second serving Ravenous.

2.5 hours later i had 40g carbs from brown rice along with 50g protein from chicken breast along with a serving of shredabull.

1 hours Pre workout (as I type)
Whey shake
natural peanut butter

45mins pre workout
1 serving stampede (AD range)
1 serving Shredabull.

Train (drink BCAA mix whilst training)
Followed by 20mins Cardio.

Immediately post training i have a serving of vitargo (carbs)
30mins post traing i have 2 scoops whey.

I will then have 50g protein 18g fat 1 hours post shake.

Along with a pre bed meal of 50g protein 10g fat.

During the night i will wake to have a whey shake and natural PB to break up the fast.

Any questions please ask.

As i'm so far out from the show things are too drastic so please keep an eye for my dietry changes as they get ramped up by my sponsors cardiffsportsnutrition and anabolic-designs
Thanks for reading!!
Johnny

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Nice one Johnny. Following. :)

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. Most of your carbs are in the first part of the day. I am excited to hear about your progress. Good luck bro.

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Nice one Johnny. Following. :)
Looks good. Most of your carbs are in the first part of the day. I am excited to hear about your progress. Good luck bro.
cheers Mick.:D

and yeah cookie I have set diet plans which my sponsors set me. At moment im so far out its not massively extreme but I will blog any changes over the next weeks. I have my cheat meal today so heading out for Indian later this evening. Also a non training day for me today :D time to kick it up a few notches Monday!!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Right on. Indian sounds good. Thai is my usual cheat. I start my next diet after thanksgiving. i will take a short break Christmas day, and then back at it. My show is in Texas in april. I am in the navy on a ship deployed currently so I do the best I can with training and diet. Most of my training works on my conditioning, and preserving mass.
Take care and good luck.

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Right on. Indian sounds good. Thai is my usual cheat. I start my next diet after thanksgiving. i will take a short break Christmas day, and then back at it. My show is in Texas in april. I am in the navy on a ship deployed currently so I do the best I can with training and diet. Most of my training works on my conditioning, and preserving mass.
Take care and good luck.
sounds hardcore mate, respect for your commitment bud. Hope all goes well, hope you follow my progress and likewise i will yours. Nice to see how it's done in other parts of the world!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, for sure. I will follow yours too. I was in Southampton England in 1997. Great place. My ship stopped there a week or so.
I am curious about trying some of the supps you use. Sounds like great stuff. Good luck to ya. Time for me to train.

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Yes, for sure. I will follow yours too. I was in Southampton England in 1997. Great place. My ship stopped there a week or so.
I am curious about trying some of the supps you use. Sounds like great stuff. Good luck to ya. Time for me to train.
mate the anabolic designs range is revolutionary .... You should try it if you can, you will love it, fact!

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Saturday 11/06/2011 UPDATE

Hey all,
worked nights last night so im pretty tired as we speak. Luckily today is rest day and cheat meal day so that's a result.

I haven't posted anything on the pharmaceuticals im using but I am willing to disclose if anyone enquires.

So as you would expect not much to report on my rest day. Eating clean meals all day til this evening where I will indulge in a nice Indian take away.

I am currently around 12 weeks out, condition isn't bad as I competed only 4weeks ago, a little watery as to be expected on the rebound.

Visited marc at www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co.uk (enter johnny5 for 5% of all orders). Marc pretty much kept my diet as above but in macros, the choice of foods is my own. Cardio has been set to 45mins am and 20mins post training. Everyday.

I shall log my training sessions starting Monday with back and triceps.

Supplement tip of the day..... Anabolic designs 'granite mass' stack. For those who want that added bit of muscle. Available at Cardiff sports nutrition. Link above.

'No regrets'
Johnny Reid
Team csn & ad

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Monday 13th of June UPDATE

Woke up at 6am and did 45mins cardio fasted followed by some ab crunches/stretches and legs raises.... Also got in some glutes before I left.

when I got home I shot 10iu HGH and drank some ice cold lemon water.

For meal one I had wholemeal bread banana sandwich (80g carbs) along with two scoops whey protein (50g protein)
I also had my first serving of ravenous and shredabull. Also 2g vitamin c.

Meal 2 - 250g extra lean beef mince with oats mixed in. (50G protein 70g carbs)

currently where I am now...this how the rest of my day will go...

Meal 3 - 250g extra lean beef mince with oats mixed (50g protein 40g carbs)
Another serving of rav and shred.

Meal 4 - pre workout.
1 Hour before - 2scoops whey, 1 tablespoon natural pb. (50G protein 18g fats)
45mins before - 1serving stampede pre workout pump.

Train - back & triceps
20Mins cardio

Post workout.
Immediately - 1scoop vitargo
30Mins later - 2scoops whey

1 Hour later - meal 5 - tuna and extra Virgin olive oil.(50g protein 10g fat)

Meal 6 before bed - egg whites (50 g protein, 10g fat)

Hope that covers my day, I will post any changes ....
Thanks for reading...

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
This is how my back and Tricep Workout looked yesterday....

Started with underhand pull downs - 1 warm up of 50kg x 20 reps & 3 working sets of 110kg x 12.
Then moved on to wide grip over hand pull downs at the same sets and weights as above.
I then did some T-bar rows - 1 warm up 40kg x 20reps & 3 working sets of 100kg x 12 reps.
Also then i threw in some cable pull overs. 3 sets of 50kg x 12reps.
To finish back of i did one handed cable rows 3 sets of 60kg x 12.

Then on to triceps.
Close grip bench, 1 warm up 20kg x 20reps, 3 working sets 60kgx12reps ( i find i cant go heavy on this due to my pec injury)
Then i did rope pull downs 1 set of 36kg x 12 & 3 sets 72kg x 8.
To finish i did overhead extensions one handed dumbells - 3 sets 17.kg til failure.

I had a wicked pump and just went with the flow in this session - no pre planned structure just did whatever exercises i fancied.

I then followed it up with 20mins cardio....

Also I weighed in this morning at 17stone 5lbs and getting leaner

I will post todays update tomorrow as i can give you my entire days activity in one update!!

'control the outcome'
Johnny Reid

Sponsored by - http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co...NITE-MASS.html

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Tuesday 14/06/2011 UPDATE

Here goes again....

I woke at 6am - Shot 10iu insulin SubQ immediately.
I then did my 45mins fasted cardio.
When i got home i then shot 6iu nolvadex insulin and drank an ice cold lemon water.
After a nice shower i then began my meals as follows.

Meal 1 - 80g carbs 50g protein (Brown bread banana sandwiches & Whey shake) 1 serving Ravenous (AD) & 1 serving Shredabull (AD) 2g Vit C
Meal 2 - 70g carbs 50g protein (Oats and extra lean beef mince) 1 serving Ravenous & 1 serving Shredabull
Meal 3 - 40g carbs 50g protein (Oats and extra lean beef mince)
Meal 4 - 18g fat 50g protein (Natural organic peanutbutter & Whey shake) 1 hour pre-workout.
45mins pre workout 1 serving stamped (anabolic designs), 1 serving shredabull.

Train. QUADS

Session went like this (throughout i drank gaspari size on pre contest)

Started with squats (haven't squatted for some time due the waist widening effects it has on me)

Warmed up with 20 reps at 60kg (all reps at all sets are deep as possible with no locking out at the top)

3 x working sets 180kg x 12reps.

I then proceeded to leg press.

1 warm up of 200kg x 15 reps concentrated.
3 working sets of 320kg x 15 reps (all reps deep touching the rack with no locking out and concentrated)

These two exercises were performed with only 60seconds rest and i was pretty pumped after this.

To finish I did leg extensions
Full stack (roughly 110kg) x 15 reps x 4 sets

In all honesty the weights weren't massive today but my form was isolated and the intesity was high.
I sweated and hurted more today than when i do my 600kg offseason leg presses and previous 260kg squats for reps...... INTESITY IS THE WAY FORWARD FOR SURE!!!

Struggled to walk so cardio was out the window but in all honesty with how high the intesity was i don't think i needed it!!

Immediately after my last set i drank my 1 serving of vitargo.

30mins post workout i had 60g whey shake along with another 40g simple carbs.

1hour later i had 2 tins tuna with hot sauce

last meal being Egg whites.

During the night i woke to have a whey shake and PB (which is when i wrote this out)

I also shot my 1st jab of MT2 today as i desperately need some colour (i currently resemble casper the ghost)

Today was a good day - eat well, trained hard - Weight is slightly up but its most likely to be the water from HGH i have recently applied to my cycle.

I also have some GHRP6 sat in my fridge which i have been told is pointless using but i maye throw it in post workout as it's sat in my fridgr - Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated! ....

Hope this update has been suffice - any other info required please ask.

I will post some pics up soon when i find some one to take them in half decent lighting...

Also on the AAS side of things i didnt make it clear when i was shooting them, it is currently once a week every Sunday at 1g Test enanthate & 750mg EQ (this week it was 3.5ml in each quad)

My pre contest cycle will start 8 weeks out which i will post up soon for all to see. Thinking about using DNP to drop the extra lbs but i'm still undecided.

Currently I am just over 12 weeks out so no need to worry. I am sitting just over a stone above my last contest weight and most of that is water weight from the added compunds and rebound from the show being only 4 & half weeks ago!!

Thanks for reading everyone and please feel free to input to my prep.

Also a big thanks to my sponsors Cardiff Sports Nutrition and Anabolic-desigs for all their help this year, i will be nearly 10months on dieting this year and i wouldn't be able to do it without their help.

Also i would recomment the entire AD range to anyone but specifically in this update i'd like to suggest Ravenous to thos who find it hard to intake all the required calories or simply want help digesting their food more effectively:

Here's a link to it for all to read up on:

http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co...-180-Caps.html

Dont forget if you enter 'johnny5' at the checkout you get 5% off all orders at cardiff sports nutrition!

Again thanks for taking the time to read my journal!

'You control the outcome!' - Johnny Reid.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Great leg day Bro. what do you usually do for Hams and glutes?

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Wednesday 15/06/2011 UPDATE

Today was very similar to Tuesday - infact exactly the same appart from training. And the fact i was working nights.

So here's how my training went for those who are interested.

Chest and Biceps.

Started with incline bench 1 warm up 60kg x 20reps, 3 working sets 80kg x 15reps (i refuse to lift any heavier than i need to anymore since tearing my pec tendon off)

I then moved on to incline dumbell press - 1 warm up 25kg db x 15 reps, 3 working sets 35kg x 12 reps.

I then proceeded to flat DB press super setted with flies 4 sets 35kg db press x 15 reps & 15kg db flies for 15reps.

That felt enough for my chest.

I then did 3 excersizes on Biceps.

Started with standing dumbell curls 1 handed 1 x warm up @ 15kg x 20reps & 3 working sets 25kg x 15reps.

Then it was DB hammer curls @ 20kg x 15 reps x3sets.

Last exercise was a one armed preacher curl off the knee. 4 sets x 15kg x 15reps.

All of the above exersizes were done with real intensity. Since the NABBA 5 weeks ago i've had new traing partners (Nathaniel Rose & Geraint Baldwin) and they both seem to love high intesity. Suits me fine although i do miss lifting big numbers - I'm a BB not a powerlifter!!

I also did my AM cardio fasted and post workout cardio 20mins.

I worked nights that night and tonight which has put me all outta whack but i have followed my diet but with the later nights have thrown in the odd extra shake every 3 hours to stop me going catabolic.

Todays training went out of the window and again diet was as set but a few extra shakes added in. After making the transition to nights my bodyclock is F***ed!

Friday i will try and get back to normal - Get up fairly early anf get back on track. May have my cheat (a pizza in the evening also some sleeping tablets (to rest up due to the fact ive had 6 hours sleep in 3 days!)

Hasn't been distructive at all but i hate not being in a routine and cannot wait to get back to 'normal'

Cheers all,
'control the outcome' - Johnny Reid TEAM CSN & AD!!

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Sunday 19/06/2011 UPDATE.

Last few days have been a nightmare to blog, been working nights and I've been so tired. Also I dont have a pc at home and am using my phone which is hard work.

Diet hasn't changed, still hitting my macros at 355g protein, 275g carbs & 40g fat.

Although I did do a 4500 calories in one cheat meal Friday night at mcdonalds :p.

Cardio has been still at 45mins in the am fasted along with my 20mins post workout.

Everything is coming along nicely, haven't been able to upload pics due to the whole phone/pc issue but I will try my best to get some up for you all to see.

measured my legs yesterday and their just over 30" with most of my cuts in so im pretty happy.

Trained hams and calves Thurs and shoulders Friday. They went like this:
Hamstrings- straight legged deadlifts on the hack squat machine 60kg warm up for 20reps then I did 3working sets at 140kg for 15reps.
barbell lunges 60kg warm up 16 paces. Then 3working sets at 140kg for 16paces.
finished with one leg drop sets til failure on the leg curl machine.

Calves were simple - standing raises 3 sets till failure 110kg and seated raises 3sets 140kg til failure.

Shoulders went like this...
Shoulder press db - 1warm up 20kg db for 20reps. 3X working sets 45kg db for 12 reps.
Lateral db raises - 3x 22.5kg db concentrated reps x 12 reps.
Rear db raises - 3x 30kg db for 12reps.
Barbell shrugs - 3x 140kg x 15reps.
Barbell upright rows - 3x 25kg til failure.

The weekend has been rest time and well needed to be honest.

Back at it hard tomorrow and I cannot wait

'control the outcome' - Johnny Reid

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Outstanding Johnny. Gotta do what we gotta do. I know all bout it man. Keep charging hard.

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Thursday 23/06/2011 update

This week so far:

Monday - Diet was spot on with Macros still at 355g protein/ 275g carbs/ 40g fats. Trained Chest and Biceps. Had the biggest pump in my chest i have had for a long time (since my tear). Chest is filling out nicely

Tuesday - Again diet was spot on with above macros. Trained quads, was really intense and only took 55mins for 3 of us to demolish our legs which was good going. (legs measuring 30" now with nearly all my cuts in )

Wed - Again diet was spot on. Trained back and Triceps. Session went good and threw up some good weights but i think ive pulled my lower back. I'm in complete agony. I have had a few niggles the last week or so but thought nothing of it. Got to the gym yesterday with my major training head on and forgot about the niggles and decided to deadlift (rookie error) - had a little twinge and its pretty damn sore now.

TODAY - I have decided to take a complete rest day. keep my macros at the same minus about 100g of carbs which would have been pos workout carbs.

CARDIO - Cardio has been set at just 45mins fasted upon waking which i have done each day this week appart from today for obvious reasons.

There has been a change in plan with my prep now - I will carry on with long acting AAS until 6 weeks out where i will switch to short esters and start my cutting cycle. Geraint has also lowered my cardio. This is essentially to bring me in bigger. I am currently pretty lean anyhow so there isn't too much to worry about. Needless to say i will defnately be doing the OVER 90kg inters class now

Had a text off JB the CEO/owner of Anabolic designs and we will be shooting a training video soon which i am really looking forward to

Supplement tip of the day - Check out http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co...l-90-Caps.html (enter johnny5 for 5% off all orders at CSN)

'control the outcome' - Johnny Reid

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Sounding good Johnny. Looking forward to the Vid of you and Joe working out. Hard times ahead for you!!! :)

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Friday 24/06/2011 UPDATE

Yesterday was rest day as previously stated, back feels a little better thank god so i will attempt my usual routine today.

This is how today has been and will go:

Wake 6am - 10iu HGH SubQ, 45mins fasted & Ice cold lemon water.
Meal 1 - 7am - 80g carbs 55g protein (Wholemeal bread & Whey protein) 1 serving Ravenous & Shredabull, Vitamin b, Vitamin c, Multi vitamin, 5xBCAA.
Meal 2 - 9:30am - 55g carbs 50g protein (Wholemeal bread & chicken breast)
Meal 3 - 12:00pm - same as meal 2. With added serving of Rav&Shred.
Meal 4 - 3:00pm - 50g protein 20g fat (Whey shake & organic PB)
Pre- Workout - 3:15pm - 1 serving Stampede & 1 serving Shredabull.
3:45pm 10xBCAA.
Train 4:00pm - Shoulders. (Will report on the session tomorrow as i'm not sure what exercises i will do)
Immediately post workout - 1 scoop Vitargo
30 mins post workout - 3scoops whey & 40g simple carbs from cereal.

1-1.5 hours later - 50g protein 10g fat (Chicken breast, Green salad & E/V olive oil)

Before Bed - 10Egg whites 2Egg yolkes & 5x BCAA.

During the nights i do sometime wake for a shake but depends on how tired i am. I will endeavour to do so tonight but cant guarantee anything

Control the outcome - Johnny Reid

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Sunday 26/06/2011 UPDATE.

I trained shoulders friday and this is how my routine looked.

Started with DB press. Started nice and light 20kg for 20 reps to warm up. Hit 30kg for 15 reps. Then 45kg for 12 & 50kg for 8 to finish.

Then i moved on to smith machine shoulder press. Stuck to 100kg for 3 sets of 12 as my front delts are closely linked to my pec injury and i feel keeping good form is paramount here.

Third exercise was side laterals with DB where i used 25kg DB for 3 sets of 15 reps.

I then did some rear delts on the upper cable pulleys for 3 sets of 12 super setted with bent over DB rear delts with the 20kg DB.

To finish i did diamond bar shrugs with 100kg for 3x20 reps super setted with barbell shrugs with 100kg.

Was a really productive session and felt really pumped. Looking a little smoother today but much bigger and fuller (putting that down to the added Insulin)

Had rest Sat & Sun. Sat i went for my cheat meal and attempted a 78oz burger. (managed 62oz of it with a dessert
)

Feeling good today, did my cardio this morning and sweated buckets!

Here is my plan for this week diet and AAS/Peptide use wise.

Wake 6am - 10iu HGH SubQ, 45mins fasted & Ice cold lemon water.
Meal 1 - 7am -300mg DNP. NO MORE INSULIN.
80g carbs 55g protein (Oats & Whey protein)
1 serving Ravenous & Shredabull, Vitamin b, Vitamin c, Multi vitamin, 5xBCAA, psyllum husk, magnesium, calsium.

Meal 2 - 9:30am - 55g carbs 50g protein (Brown Rice & chicken breast)

Meal 3 - 12:00pm - same as meal 2. With added serving of Rav&Shred.

Meal 4 - 3:00pm - 50g protein 20g fat (Whey shake & organic PB)

Pre- Workout - 3:15pm - 1 serving Stampede & 1 serving Shredabull.

3:45pm 10xBCAA.
Train 4:00pm - Drinkining Chaind out during training (BCAA mix)

Immediately post workout - 1 scoop Vitargo

30 mins post workout - 3scoops whey & 40g simple carbs from cereal.

1-1.5 hours later - 10Egg whites 2Egg yolkes

Before Bed - USN Protein Dessert & 5x BCAA.
50mg DBOL, 25mcg T3, 10mg Tamoxifen.

Any 'CONSTRUCTIVE' input is welcome

Thanks for reading!!

Control the outcome - Johnny Reid​

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Wednesday 29/06/2011 UPDATE.

Hello everyone,

I'll start with a quick update on yesterday. Diet was ok but i managed to miss a meal for the 1st time since i can remember, work was crazy busy and it slipped my mind.... never again!!

Macros are the same at the moment and AAS are the same. Will stay where they are for some time while i'm getting bigger and leaner

Trained quads yesterday:

Went like this:

Squats (ass to the grass slow concentrated with no locking out at the top)

Warm up 60kg x 20 reps
3 working sets of 140kg x 15 reps (lower back is still a bit tender so couldnt really put the weight on the bar)

Leg press (all the way down touching the bottom and no locking out)

1 set 300kg x 15 reps
1 set 380kg x 15 reps
1 set 460kg x 6 reps

I was happy with them weights with such good form and with me dieting and my strength not being 100% at the moment.

We then did leg extensions drop sets.

3 sets of full stack (110kg) x 15 reps NO REST & half stack (55kg) x 10 reps. KILLER!!

To finish we did inner thighs on the girly machine (dont know what the name is but it's one all the women use). 3 sets til failure.

Wicked session and was happy. Wore my leggins for the 1st time and everyone commented on how my veins wer sticking out through the leggins

Today.

Diets been spot on (no meals missed) MACROS the same.

Training chest and biceps today.

Looking forward to Saturday when i will be recording a training video with Joe Binley CEO of Anabolic Designs my sponsors. So watch this space.

I will post weekly progress pics up for all to see.

Any questions please do ask

Johnny - Control the outcome!!​

JohnnyReid

JohnnyReid

Awards
Again another brief update ....

Trainings been going great.... after my 220kg deads for reps earlier this week, followed it up with a 480kg leg press for reps too. So not bad lifts for someone dieting.

Diet has been the same macros just different eating times as i have been working nights. I hate working nights as i don't tend to get enough rest!!

I have enjoyed prep so far... less stress this time, more food, less cardio, longer ester AAS for longer period out from the show, training intensity is up and weights are still nice and heavy!!

So thumbs up and hoping this approach works!!

I want to bring a bigger package this time but don't think it wont get more intense, it will!! 6 weeks out i will up the cardio, lower carbs and switch to short esters AAS etc.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Team AD who will be recording regular training video's in the offseason for everyon to see. It will be me and Dan both sponsored atheletes along with JB (AD CEO & Owner).

Any questions please ask,
Thanks for following my journey!!

Control the outcome
Johnn Reid​