!!!Tanning Advice!!!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.12%

!!!Tanning Advice!!!

Everyone knows that a good tan makes toned muscles look amazing....The problem is that I am kinda fair skinned-Not to the point that I'm covered with freckles and JUST burn, but I just can't seem to tan indoors. I can tan outside, but I just can't seem to get dark from indoor tanning. Are there any tips or supplements that will pull more color from my skin? Any advice helps---I ALREADY KNOW THAT TANNING IS BAD---Thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  95 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.83%

Look up melanotan.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrob05 View Post
    Everyone knows that a good tan makes toned muscles look amazing....The problem is that I am kinda fair skinned-Not to the point that I'm covered with freckles and JUST burn, but I just can't seem to tan indoors. I can tan outside, but I just can't seem to get dark from indoor tanning. Are there any tips or supplements that will pull more color from my skin? Any advice helps---I ALREADY KNOW THAT TANNING IS BAD---Thanks
    If you're talking for competition, then just apply a coat of DreamTan (cream) the night before and another one on the morning of the competition, and you should be fine.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

If I'm not mistaken Dennis Wolf doesn't tan. Doesn't want to risk the skin cancer. Just go with a bronzer like DreamTan or Jan Tana.

If you're using the old school paint on stuff, make sure you shower between coats. If you apply a coat on top of another coat your tan will be uneven and you could potentially walk on stage looking like a burnt potato chip.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Veteran

If you're hitting the bed, use lotion - it makes a difference. I'm pretty fair skinned and freckled at that (sucks, because it hides a lot of my definition and veins lol ) and I'm the same as you in terms of being able to get pretty darn dark outdoors in the summer time, but not as much in the bed. Get a good tanning lotion - don't go for the cheap-o stuff.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%

Search for this lotion called Maui babe . It's a all natural tanning lotion made in Hawaii. It is stunning. Works for indoor and outdoor use. I'm serious this stuff turns anyone brown and doesn't contain dyes. It is the local secret
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.5%

you should use ProTan, ive seen it work best on fare skinned people. Dream tan is my favorite though. if you decide to use dream tan you should make sure you really exfoliate before you apply the first coat and once it some what dries up put a sweat shirt and sweat pants on until you go to the "pump room" and have someone touch it up. if you do more coats than that it might look too dark.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I use pro tan as a base, and then dream tan before stage. several coats of pro tan too.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.86%

start at a simple 5min of tanning. see what happens the next day, most likely you will be perfectly fine. I am VERY fair skinned and this worked well for me. then 2 days after your first tanning session, do another 5min...do 5min every other day for 1 week. Afterward, increase that to 7min/day for 1 week, then 9min, etc. I get breakouts from the oil in tanning lotions, so I don't use any tanning lotion at all. You should be perfectly fine with this method For my shows, I do a professional spray tan the day before and then touch-up in the pump up room before stepping on stage. If you do go that route, do NOT use deodorant or you will turn green. Trust me...
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Roudy89 View Post
    Look up melanotan.
    Melanotan One (MT-1) in particular. Melanotan II will likely be too much (super potent peptide would make freckles/sun damage DARK). Any new thoughts or info to share OP?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%

ProTan FTW!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Pro tan, and then a bronzer with the sheen in it for stage time. I used to use dream tan.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.67%

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Melanotan One (MT-1) in particular. Melanotan II will likely be too much (super potent peptide would make freckles/sun damage DARK). Any new thoughts or info to share OP?
    Dude - i'm sold on this - got me hella tan in just a few weeks. very little tanniing booth time
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.33%

How far of a competition would you use the protan?? Or any tan lotion?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

3 days out or 2 days. You will do your last shave and exfoliate the skin on thursday morning depending on how fast your body hair grows back. Then start applying on thursday. Let each coat dry, use a hair dryer if needed. Then apply again till desired shade is reached.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I per jan tana high def comp color. I apply lotion all over starting 2 weeks out and exfoliate every day. Thursday morning before show I shave my body.. friday mid afternoon I apply 1st coat. Friday night, 2nd coat. Sat morning, rinse off, apply another coat. After pre-judging, rinse off, before going back I apply another coat.

The rinsing off prevents build up.. i have my own airbrush compressor so it only takes me 2 mins to tan my whole body.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who uses a tanning bed?
    By votum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Tanning
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
  3. Tanning???
    By yosahab in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 16