1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Just trying to help bro.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I would not use ISOPURE. They use a less effective way to filter the protein. ION EXCHANGE is not as effective as COLD CROSS FLOW MICROFILTERING. It gives you more bio availability of the protein. I would use ISOFLEX, By ALLMAX, or Gaspari INTRAPRO, NOW FOODS Isolate, SPECIES ISOLYZE, to name a few great ones. ISOFLEX is my favorite.
    Syntrax Nectar all the way baby.. not sure what kind of filtration their "Promina Whey Isloate" goes through but their nutritional profile and taste is second to none. Its like cool-ade and mixes completely clear.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Navy, Syntrax is another good one. Youre right. Its delicious. I didnt think of all of them off the top of my head earlier. Im on deployment rightnow. I should order some nectar. Yum. Good stuff.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Navy, Syntrax is another good one. Youre right. Its delicious. I didnt think of all of them off the top of my head earlier. Im on deployment rightnow. I should order some nectar. Yum. Good stuff.
    Yeah, i just got 2 tubs of their twisted cherry last unrep.. I ordered 3 of their caesin too, and are exicted to try them.

As far as contest prep, i have done a couple shows and have always been told to lay off the shakes. As far as personal experience, i tend to notice a little water retention from caesin, not so much isolates.. i guess it could depend on the brand/additives as well.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

True. I will minimize how many shakes i have next show. I will be on shore duty which will really help. I will try that one. Take care bro.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

a gram of protein from chicken yields 4 calories. a gram of protein from a shake yields 4 calories. Both break down into polypeptide chains of amino acids.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

True, but there will always be the debate. You have the GURUS who say no to shakes, and have a self proclaimed IMO trained expert eye that says My client looks better because I fed him this diet etc. and you have those who can get away with shakes in their diet. I believe Genetics, and diet, and training regimen and rest etc have more to do with it than anything. I will try 4-5 whole food meals this time and one shake for post workout, and see how that goes for next years show. Otherwise the debate goes on....
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Are you serious?! Doctor Layne Norton - only one of the greatest natural Pro bodybuilders ever and a man who definitely knows what he's talking about!

~Rosie~
    i wouldnt say one of the greatest. but his phd and writing reputation adds his "bodybuilding mystique"
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

He is the authourity on natural bodybuilding and bodybuilding nutrition. He has done powerlifting and bodybuilding and competed successfully in both. I would listen to him.
  10. New Member

He is the authourity on natural bodybuilding and bodybuilding nutrition. He has done powerlifting and bodybuilding and competed successfully in both. I would listen to him.
    lol he just made pro debut end of last year with 1 one top 3placing and hes already the authortiy of natural bbing? (not hating on layne)
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked.N.Tan View Post
    lol he just made pro debut end of last year with 1 one top 3placing and hes already the authortiy of natural bbing? (not hating on layne)
    He has a Ph.D (I believe it was either in protein metabolism or syntheses) AND is a natural pro. Whether he qualified last year or not is nominal. He has a wealth of education that he has personally backed up by practice in real life. It takes several years to build up to being where he's at in both educational accomplishments AND bodybuilding. Who else has done both and done them better?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    He has a Ph.D (I believe it was either in protein metabolism or syntheses) AND is a natural pro. Whether he qualified last year or not is nominal. He has a wealth of education that he has personally backed up by practice in real life. It takes several years to build up to being where he's at in both educational accomplishments AND bodybuilding. Who else has done both and done them better?
    I may consider layne for my prep, but I would rather have someone who is there in person. I have no idea where he lives. He is the voice of natty bbing.
    I give many props to layne and his trusted educated opinion.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I may consider layne for my prep, but I would rather have someone who is there in person. I have no idea where he lives. He is the voice of natty bbing.
    I give many props to layne and his trusted educated opinion.
    Agreed! But apparently having a doctorate and being a Pro still isn't "good enough"
    He has great advice for contest prep but like you, I'd rather have a more subjective view from someone who can actually see me in more then just pictures and adjust as needed.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

as you know Contest prep is a stressful time, and having someone there to contact is so crucial. I have someone I call, but now I will be in Texas and he will be in Cali. I would like to see someone weekly or so who can really break it down to me, and adjust as needed. It would also be nice to have the motivator on down days lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. too many protein shakes per day
    By mircle in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 12:05 AM