MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone I am doing my first show on Saturday, I just got Hardcore Streng Taraxatone, and it says to start taking 5 days out from when I want to be competition ready. Is that today or do I count Saturday as one of the days also and start them tomorrow? I think I should still be taking them the day of the competition but I am not sure. Can anyone please tell me? If not from experience with this other water shedding agents.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I used regular taraxatone for my show a couple years ago and i used double the dose 5 days out taking my last dose friday night. I also droped water at 11am friday.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
if youre hard youre hard. Last minute diretics are a waste IMO.

BUT if you must, do not take one after 9am friday or youll end up pissing on stage...more common sense than anything.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established

BUT if you must, do not take one after 9am friday or youll end up pissing on stage...more common sense than anything.
I didn't feel any extra need to pee at all after taking them. i had to eat an orange before i could pee in the cup for the drug test. =/

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am pretty hard, not so worried about that, but I have some extra skin and have been told that the diuretics can help tighten it up a little. Condition-wise I am doing pretty well. My Christmas tree is ripped, I have some striations in legs, glutes and lower back.
I started the Taraxatone today we will see how things go as far as te skin if it doesnt help that I wont use them again.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
good luck with show! make sure you post back and let us know how it went.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update

I did well at the show in spite of my diuretic disaster. I will not use a diuretic such as this one again. I knew in my heart I was dry enough to step on stage but I took this crap anyway. I am not saying it isn't a good product but I wont use it again. I lost 7 lbs over night the night before the contest. Thank God I was so conditioned I still looked dense and hard. I dont know if I did it wrong but I was following the directions. My body just dumped the water then I still ended up almost in shock sweating to death on stage. How is that even possible when I had no water. Ughhh! Just like a gentemen said earlier in the thread if your hard you are hard. I messed up a huge full physique and went in so flat I couldn't even pump up. No water in the viens to even fill up.

Anyway, I just want to go ahead and say I let an insecurity about loose skin make me take this stuff and it didn't work for me to the point I wont take a chance with using it for a competition again. May be great for looking good for a picture or something where sodium modification and everything else is not involved.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
well the body has tons of water in it but people get the idea water comes from under the skin for diurectic, i think its extracted from internal sources more so. Not that you wont lose any under the skin but not enough to mater, as you saw. It can cause extreme stress on the body and heart inparticular.

Glad you decided not to use again, give yourself 3-5 more days of dieting and cardio and i bet you would have been happy. Its always a learnign experience because you always wanna try something different. Do waht works for you, if you were 90%+ happy with your physique on stage, id say stay with the course you took here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are right. I was already very dry with no water under my skin from being on a low carb diet all the time so all I did was damage my physique. I was in amazement of my body for 3 weeks up to the show and then I messed wth it. Could have just done a clean carb reload and walked on stage 7-10 lbs heavier and just as cut. I hovered at 4% for almost a month, only real carb intake was spinach asparagus and grapefruti except for a carb load every 18th meal. I was dry as all get out. As you said it is a learning experience. I know now if I am already happy with how I look don't mess with it. I am going to stay relatively lean through out my bulking phase always in single digits that way my skin tightens up on its own. I will also have a better idea of what weight I will be competing at and can have a shorter contest prep. I did this all all my own this time well researched the info here and other places and it was a learning experience all the way. I can't wait for my next show and hope to see some of the same guys on stage. Coming in 7-10 lbs heavier in the same condition will be a shock.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i gotta tell you that these diuretics definately have their place....but if your fat your fat....no amount of water loss will get you stage ready....but if used correctly it can make a drastic difference in your cuts and vascularity....what i would do if you ever use one again is do a trial run 4 weeks out...see what exactly you need to do for dosing and go from there....if it didnt work out for you the first time i wouldnt blame the diuretic i would blame the fact that 5 days before your show you introduced a product into your prep that you had no experience with and had no clue how your body was going to react....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that was my sentiment above. It was a diuretic disaster but I didn't blame it on the product itself. It was my use of the product. Should have done a dry run to see how my body worked all of that out. Once again though in my case I was already dry and didn't really have any need of using something to dry myself out further. I did it out of insecurity over loose skin. Was definitely a mistake to use in my case. If I am that dry next time which I should be then I wont use them as there really would not be any reason too. Was my first competition and I over did a lot of things I didn't need to.

I am not knocking the product it definitely did what it was supposed to. It was just not for me at that time and really not needed by me. Monetarily it was not worth the money spent and will simply use conditioning and natural water management techniques from here on out. As you said it was unfamiliarity with my how it would interact with my body that made it a diuretic disaster. If you haven't done a practice run with something during your prep, you should probably not incorporate it into peak week. I will do my next show without a serious diuretic like this one and see how I look stepping on stage. At least that way if I mess up I know it is all me messing up.

i gotta tell you that these diuretics definately have their place....but if your fat your fat....no amount of water loss will get you stage ready....but if used correctly it can make a drastic difference in your cuts and vascularity....what i would do if you ever use one again is do a trial run 4 weeks out...see what exactly you need to do for dosing and go from there....if it didnt work out for you the first time i wouldnt blame the diuretic i would blame the fact that 5 days before your show you introduced a product into your prep that you had no experience with and had no clue how your body was going to react....

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yeah...your first couple of shows are really just learning experiences.....