First contest

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I have some serious questions on where to get started. I just finished PCT on a PH cycle and want to take a few weeks clean before I juice for the Dexter show in Jax, FL.

I've never competed and never juiced, so I need some serious advice on how to prepare. Juicing, Nutrition, Training, etc. What do the other competitors do? I feel like I need some professional to do my metabolic calorie rate, weight, bodyfat %, etc. I'm pretty cheap and have been pretty successful at obtaining a decent physique thus far. But feel like I need some third party assistance if I really want to do this.

I have a few weeks before I need to get really serious. Any advice is appreciated.

Other info: mid twenties, 5+ PH cycles w/M1T, 4ad, etc.,
5' 11" ~195 lbs. can see my abs, but only at a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10.

Help me get started so I can rip out!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I would highly consider waiting to do some research for this. It is not "poke me with some shyt and im jump on stage" youll embarass yourself.
It is time consuming, tedious, delicate and most of all, all about details.

First you need to consider your physique. Comapre to other people and BE HONEST with yourself. What needs to be brought up, BF%, etc.

NExt decide how you need to eat. Less carbs, more, greens,

Workout routine needs to be solid. Cover all areas and consistant.

THEN start searching AAS and whteer else interest you. Its not simple. Make a big showing and dont come back when people expect you and youll be laughed at. Respect the drugs not for what they do but who they can make you as long as you are responsible.

Post pics if you want and maybe get some more opinions.

That show is fairly reputable too. Happen to know, your current BF%, how many weeks out you are, Goal BF%, When youll start cutting? until you know those, i would worry about gear.

Im STILL trying to time my first show. I planned April but dont think itll happen. So now i plan for september.

EDIT: Why are you doing a Florida show? Why not do something close first, midwest is lightly competitive and alot of shows. Im in Chicagoland.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I would highly consider waiting to do some research for this. It is not "poke me with some shyt and im jump on stage" youll embarass yourself.
It is time consuming, tedious, delicate and most of all, all about details.

First you need to consider your physique. Comapre to other people and BE HONEST with yourself. What needs to be brought up, BF%, etc.

NExt decide how you need to eat. Less carbs, more, greens,

Workout routine needs to be solid. Cover all areas and consistant.

THEN start searching AAS and whteer else interest you. Its not simple. Make a big showing and dont come back when people expect you and youll be laughed at. Respect the drugs not for what they do but who they can make you as long as you are responsible.

Post pics if you want and maybe get some more opinions.

That show is fairly reputable too. Happen to know, your current BF%, how many weeks out you are, Goal BF%, When youll start cutting? until you know those, i would worry about gear.

Im STILL trying to time my first show. I planned April but dont think itll happen. So now i plan for september.

EDIT: Why are you doing a Florida show? Why not do something close first, midwest is lightly competitive and alot of shows. Im in Chicagoland.
Absolutely agree that is not as easy as poke and pose, but there is no way to compete without the juice. That's asking to make an even bigger fool of yourself if you try to do it naturally. I've got everything down, but the diet. I might just need a good diet consultant to help spare as much muscle as possible while cutting BF.

This contest has a novice division for first time competitors, which I would fall under. The timing works out great for me for this show, and I thought it would be nice to get on my resume as this show continues to get bigger. Now that Dex is Mr. O, I think this show will continue to grow and now would be a great chance to get in before it blows up.

I couldn't really find any shows around that time of year in the midwest. The ones I could find are "Natural" shows.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would most definitely hire a prep guy. Diet is going to make or break you, and you seem to not have that aspect dialed in.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
if your a few weeks out of prep mode and your asking these questions then just hire a prep guru...you dont have enough time to learn....

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
if your a few weeks out of prep mode and your asking these questions then just hire a prep guru...you dont have enough time to learn....
I'm not. The contest is August 1st I believe. I stay in decent shape year round, so I would probably start my dieting in May (about 12 weeks out). I've got 6 weeks or so to sponge up some dieting knowledge. Anybody have some good links or threads that discuss detailed contest dieting?

I know of a local supplement company that will do your bodyfat % and write up a diet plan for "free." The only catch is that they incorporate their very expensive supplements into the plan.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Palumbo Diet - Velocity Diet are 2 i have seen great results with. Depends on what you eat regularly. For me i eat a ton of carbs and i can tell, but when i diet down as long as i stop them by 6pm-7pm i notice weight drop within 3 days(prolly water/glycogen) then more following. BUT i keep protein and healthy fats up so i dont feel too drained.

Depends a ton on your body and how you always eat. I would also suggest hiring a prep.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Hire Dave P or talk to holy here at AM. Holy has several clients and may be willing to take on more.

BEAST

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I'm not. The contest is August 1st I believe. I stay in decent shape year round, so I would probably start my dieting in May (about 12 weeks out). I've got 6 weeks or so to sponge up some dieting knowledge. Anybody have some good links or threads that discuss detailed contest dieting?

I know of a local supplement company that will do your bodyfat % and write up a diet plan for "free." The only catch is that they incorporate their very expensive supplements into the plan.
are you talking about beverly nutrition?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Impressive. How did you know that? Have you worked with them before?
no...not personally but they are in your area...it was just a guess....i really like some of their sups but i wouldnt pay retail for em.....they were like the first company to have a good tasting isolate.....ive seen some of the people they have prepped....it would probably be beneficial for you to go to the workshop.....id do it if i were in the area....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Where are they out of? I may go im in Illinois so it may be worht the trip.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
These are mainly for "natural" competitors but they are free and have a lot of good info in them. www.scivationbooks.com a friend of mine followed the Game Over diet and it worked very well for him.. Also try and get posing lessons.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
That you in the avatar MentalTwitch? Maybe us midwesterns should go toe to toe!
yes that is. Im hoping to do a Sept. 5th show in illinois, but im heading to a 4 yr. college in the fall and having the time to train and then diet and compete may be tough.Im dying to get there one day though. So if nothing else right after 2 yrs of school.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
yes that is. Im hoping to do a Sept. 5th show in illinois, but im heading to a 4 yr. college in the fall and having the time to train and then diet and compete may be tough.Im dying to get there one day though. So if nothing else right after 2 yrs of school.
You talking about the Continental Bodybuilding and Figure? Best of luck bro. I didn't realize you were that young. Very impressive for your age. I would give you some more advice but you're probably only 18-19 years old?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can do it man, im double majoring in computer engineering and math. lol
If I can find the time, you can find the time.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
You talking about the Continental Bodybuilding and Figure? Best of luck bro. I didn't realize you were that young. Very impressive for your age. I would give you some more advice but you're probably only 18-19 years old?
no. mid-twenties. I burned my first year 1/2 at comm. college. Now figured out where im going and what im doing.