Fitness Atlantic 2009

  1. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Fitness Atlantic 2009


    Hi everyone. I am looking to enter my first fitness competition with the Fitness Atlantic 2009. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or even participated in this show. I was looking for a little help in differentiating between the categories of bikini, figure and model and the approximate bf and musculature to have. Also, where could I look for posing instruction? I've seen a few vids on youtube but nothing as in depth as I'd like. Should I pick up a posing coach? I welcome any advice in this area. I was thinking about doing a log leading up to the contest as well. Anyways, thanks!

  2. Senior Member
    russianstar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    41.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    Hi everyone. I am looking to enter my first fitness competition with the Fitness Atlantic 2009. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or even participated in this show. I was looking for a little help in differentiating between the categories of bikini, figure and model and the approximate bf and musculature to have. Also, where could I look for posing instruction? I've seen a few vids on youtube but nothing as in depth as I'd like. Should I pick up a posing coach? I welcome any advice in this area. I was thinking about doing a log leading up to the contest as well. Anyways, thanks!
    Sorry i wont be of much help, but im entering my first competition in russia this year, and my brother is former world, and current european fitness champion, viktor sharko, i know he has told me to get a posing instructor, otherwise you wont know the mistakes your making, it looks good in the mirror, but does it look good from all angles? Crader is the person to ask here, il pm her and she can help you out...Russian, hope everything goes well for you.
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  3. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I would definitely pick up a posing coach as the poses can make or break you.

    The lines between all the different catagories can be sketchy. You might want to go to muscular development and look for that particular show in the contest picture section and review the winners and losers and see what seperates them.

    That will at least give you a visual of that shows track record and a comparison to how you want to look.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh and you could try pm'ing holyintellect, he is an actual NPC judge. He might be willing to give you some advice.
  5. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Thanks for the advice. I'm very excited to this but as I do more research it seems to be turning into an onion of information!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1502
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm very excited to this but as I do more research it seems to be turning into an onion of information!
    There is a lot more to it than everyone thinks!
  7. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    There is a lot more to it than everyone thinks!
    Aye, that is so true! And it is sooo expensive. My trainer is in the pro series and she had to order her suit..$2000.00 gasp! Then hair, nails and tan. Her own training and posing and diet costs. Entry fees etc..

    She wants me to do shows but man, I have better things to do with that kind of money!
  8. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    2000
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Aye, that is so true! And it is sooo expensive. My trainer is in the pro series and she had to order her suit..$2000.00 gasp! Then hair, nails and tan. Her own training and posing and diet costs. Entry fees etc..

    She wants me to do shows but man, I have better things to do with that kind of money!
    2 grand!....for a bikini?
    board supporter
  9. Senior Member
    russianstar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    41.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    2 grand!....for a bikini?
    It must look good.
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  10. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    LOL thats what I said, since she is a sponsored pro, some of her sponsors put in some money. But she still pays for most of it. So I asked her, What does it look like..she says to me I pay for it but don't even get to pick the color!

    I guess you are supposed to rely on them to tell you what looks best on you.
  11. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    no really. 2 grand for a bikini!
  12. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    no really. 2 grand for a bikini!

    LOL thats what I said, and one you don't even get to say what color it is..She is a pro competitor though, so I guess the stakes are higher.

    She is sponsored by Met-Rx and a private sponsor. The private added $500 to throw in on it and Met-Rx ome too. But she still had a hefty bill to pay.

    I guess no "sport" is without its costs.
  13. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    If that is you in your avatar you look very good FincaChick.
  14. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Yes, that is me but, I have a way to go. Thanks.
  15. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    LOL thats what I said, and one you don't even get to say what color it is..She is a pro competitor though, so I guess the stakes are higher.

    She is sponsored by Met-Rx and a private sponsor. The private added $500 to throw in on it and Met-Rx ome too. But she still had a hefty bill to pay.

    I guess no "sport" is without its costs.
    One day I hope to get to the stage where I can even consider the fact that I need a bikini that will cost me that much money. Or having sponsors that will even consider that. I suppose though that if they are paying for it one really wouldn't have a choice in colour! lol.
  16. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    pink looks nice on you from the looks of it.
    you look lean too and nice figure you could hold your own in the bikini comp.
    figure, cant really tell from your pic. post more? haha
  17. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    One day I hope to get to the stage where I can even consider the fact that I need a bikini that will cost me that much money. Or having sponsors that will even consider that. I suppose though that if they are paying for it one really wouldn't have a choice in colour! lol.

    No they go by the person custom making it using skin tone and hair color to determine what will look best under the lights but not overwhelm you.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1502
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    post more? haha
    I concur!
  19. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Ok, so I am exactly a month away from my show. I got a posing coach and took some pictures after my 2nd posing section. Here goes:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  20. Elite Member
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719849
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    46.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Awesome job
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  21. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    Thanks a lot. I've been working really hard.
  22. New Member
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

    It's been forever since I've been on here but I just wanted to post a quick update. I competed in my show and it was the most fun that I have had in a long, long, time. I ended up placing first in my class and that was pretty cool. I learnt a lot and I am prepping for another show- the NPC CT State on June 13th. It's a big show and I'm very excited!
  23. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar

    You're looking great, good luck with your show!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fitness Atlantic April 17th - Advanced Muscle Science
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. 2009 NPC Midwest Novice BB, Fitness and Figure Classic
    By anntitone in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in