arimidex to drop water weight before competing?

IJL

Awards
I'm not too familiar with it but I've heard of people using arimidex to drop water weight before competitions just to get that extra edge? Have any of you had experience with this? I'm using a-dex right now from ID just by itself and it seems to be really cutting out subcutaneous water, which it should right?

Just wasn't sure if people run arimidex by itself as opposed to always using it while on cycle.

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
I have heard Letrozole is better for this application. It reduces estrogen 98% while arimidex only reduces 50%.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
If you run Adex by itself, chances are your "soldier" will be hanging low... I have heard of letro being a better compound for water loss before a show.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Neither is a diurectic. Although being an anti e may drop some water due to no estrogen conversion, it is not meant to be used as a cutting agent. Hydrochlorothiazide or Lasix will work for a comp.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Neither is a diurectic. Although being an anti e may drop some water due to no estrogen conversion, it is not meant to be used as a cutting agent. Hydrochlorothiazide or Lasix will work for a comp.

lasix is no good for competing IMO Diazide is a much much better choice.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Either way, many use letro with their diuretic, and have awesome results.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Either way, many use letro with their diuretic, and have awesome results.
if you like a tool that cant do its job lol. it would work, but if you are truly lean, there should be almost no estrogen dependant fat in which case it wont lean you out much at all if any, and the water you drop is easily handled by diuretics.