Stretch Marks Treatment

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
Does anyone have some pro advice about stretch mark scarring around the chest, shoulders, lower bicep and glutes areas? They're gettin real bad as my gains and size go up.

I've heard about maternal pregnancy creams helping out, but they're still just a straight Vitamin-E cream. Any other suggestions?

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
cream and stuff will temporarily hide them, but there are alot of studies that say u cant ever get rid of them permanently

UKStrength

cream and stuff will temporarily hide them, but there are alot of studies that say u cant ever get rid of them permanently
I hear the same thing, I think the final solution is laser treatment unfortunately :(

Manchester

Manchester

Awards
Radiofrequency treatment would work well for you based on the skin tone in your avatar. For others with more natural skin pigment, there is some research that suggests that radiofrequency plus pulsed dye laser treatment is effective. Beyond these types of treatments, time is the only other thing you can rely on (i.e., the natural fading). Here is an abstract on radiofrequency treatment plus pulsed dye laser treatment if you are interested. Radiofrequency treatment is also being used to treat sagging skin as well.

Radiofrequency and 585-nm pulsed dye laser treatment of striae distensae: a report of 37 Asian patients.

Suh DH, Chang KY, Son HC, Ryu JH, Lee SJ, Song KY. Dermatol Surg. 2007 Jan;33(1):29-34.Anacli Dermatologic Clinic, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.

BACKGROUND: Various lasers have recently been reported as effective treatment modalities for striae distensae, but pigmentary alterations are a major concern to the darker skin type. The Thermage (Therma Cool TC; Thermage Inc, Hayward, CA) is a radiofrequency device for the lifting of face and neck, and there is no report of using it for striae distensae. OBJECTIVE: The purpose was to evaluate the effectiveness of the Thermage in combination with pulsed dye laser. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Thirty-seven patients with abdominal striae distensae were treated with the Thermage and 585-nm pulsed dye laser in the first session at baseline. An additional two sessions of pulsed dye laser were performed at Weeks 4 and 8. Thermage was used at fluences of 53 to 97 J/cm2 and pulsed dye laser at fluences of 3.0 J/cm2 with 10-mm spot. Skin biopsies were taken of nine patients. RESULTS: In the subjective assessment, 89.2% of the patients showed "good and very good" to overall improvement, and 59.4% were graded as "good and very good" in elasticity. All of the nine specimens showed an increase in the amount of collagen fibers, and increased elastic fibers were found in six specimens. CONCLUSION: The Thermage and pulsed dye laser appear to be an effective treatment for striae distansae.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
A quick fix for the stretch marks is to get a spray tan. It covers it right up and evens out your skin tone.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
A quick fix for the stretch marks is to get a spray tan. It covers it right up and evens out your skin tone.
yeah but that would make all my tats look bad

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
honestly ive given up on them....i was 175 in HS and pretty lean....now im 210-215 (given myfood intake for the day) and still under 12% bf so needles to say my inner biceps have really bad marks

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using flawless a week and I think its really helping a lot. Weirdly enough, on the older ones more than the new ones.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Recently tanning has hid mine pretty well. I was amazed. Then again, hard not to tan in 115 degree weather :lol:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol there is an advertising right below the last post that says "I cured my strech marks" exactly like that, spelled incorrectly and all. I heard about coconut oil possibly helping, Ive been a huge fan of unprocessed coconut oil so I suggest you try it at least. I use it to cook, moisturize, everything. But it does wonders to your skin and skin tone so I don't see how it wont help.

billybob12345

billybob12345

Awards
Mederma seemed to work for me, but it's not cheap.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any other opinions on help with stretch marks?

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
i too started flawless two nights ago. Container is filled to the lid and only $9.99. Should easily last me 3 months or longer applying twice a day. I have high hopes and for $10 bucks its worth a shot!

Pharoe

Pharoe

Awards
12 years ago I enlisted in the Army at 195 lbs, now im 260 lbs and wondering the same thing. I have tried vitamin e and other creams but honestly I think im stuck with em.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
just get a tattoo over them

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
12 years ago I enlisted in the Army at 195 lbs, now im 260 lbs and wondering the same thing. I have tried vitamin e and other creams but honestly I think im stuck with em.
jesus dude you are fn huge