Natural Bodybulding

  1. Natural Bodybulding


    Can some one help me with what substances you can;t use if you do natural bodybuilding!!!


  2. It depends on the organization. Here's an example from the ABA:

    http://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/bannedsub/

  3. Notice marijuana isn't banned
    •   
       

  4. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Why are beta blockers banned? Could I get my BP meds switched to beta blockers to get huge quick or something?

  5. Some of the substances banned could be needed for legit medical reasons. They better have some sort of clause in there that if you break your femur and you need morphine they don't kick you out for life. Having to pass a poly-graph or urine test every 60 days to me just seems ridiculous. Don't people choose to participate in natural bodybuilding? Those who do, seem pretty vehement about their lack of any sort of 'help'. Seems over the top for athletes who dedicate their lives to being natural.
  6. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyT View Post
    Some of the substances banned could be needed for legit medical reasons. They better have some sort of clause in there that if you break your femur and you need morphine they don't kick you out for life. Having to pass a poly-graph or urine test every 60 days to me just seems ridiculous. Don't people choose to participate in natural bodybuilding? Those who do, seem pretty vehement about their lack of any sort of 'help'. Seems over the top for athletes who dedicate their lives to being natural.
    Like anything, I'm sure there are a few d-bags who want to cheat and ruin it for everyone.

    I still want to know about the beta blockers though... Guess I could never be a natural BB since I've had them before.
  7. INBF/WNBF and WNSO/FAME


    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleFreak45 View Post
    Can some one help me with what substances you can;t use if you do natural bodybuilding!!!
    As trend7said, it depends on the organizations. The ONLY Fedeartions that I would consider as being NATURAL are INBF, WNBF, WNSO, and FAME.

    INBF and WNBF are the only organizations that drug test and polygraph every competitor at every show; a list of "banned substances" (and the period after which you've used them (if you have) before you can compete with them) can be found at http://www.californianaturalmuscle.o...Substances.pdf.

    Although WNSO and FAME are not as rigorous re testing of athletes they DO perform drug tests, and their "banned subtsances" are along similar lines: http://www.lonestarweekend.com/Doping%20Control.pdf.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Like anything, I'm sure there are a few d-bags who want to cheat and ruin it for everyone.

    I still want to know about the beta blockers though... Guess I could never be a natural BB since I've had them before.
    I think if you have a prescription for them and they are within acceptable use levels in your system you should be fine. I read the whole doping thing for the WNSO show I was in in May and it mentioned something about supplying them with the prescription. Also there are only a Few the ones listed above that test for how long it has been. I think the ABA is the one that has a 7 year no use deal. Only a few are lifetime natural. WNSO tests the top 3 placings at each show. If you don't pass your name is put out in the results as disqualified due to drug abuse. Not a list I would want to be on. However typical use of a non-anabolic prescribed drug as prescribed is not going to be considered as abuse in most cases. You can always contact the federation you want to compete in and ask them directly.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html

  9. i was wondering the same thing. good post
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dymatize Natural Whey vs ON Natural Whey
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
  2. New to being natural
    By Psychabinol in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
  3. natural PB
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
  4. Beers and bodybulding
    By onimusha in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 02:00 PM
  5. what does all natural mean?
    By Brolic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Log in
Log in