12-6 weeks out looking for feed back on diet

broken

broken

Awards
Whats up everyone I am still really new here I am coming close to my first show just looking for some feed back on this diet i have been doing

low days
6egg whites
8oz of talapia
6egg whites
8oz of talapia
8oz of talapia
(dark greens with meal 2 and 5)

high days
6 whole eggs
6oz beef
6egg whites 4 yolks
8oz of talapia
8oz of talapia
(dark greens with meal 2 and 4,5)

3 low,1 high,4 low,1 high,5 low, 1 high..repeat

Training wise i do a 3 on 1 off split with 2 hours of cardio on training days and 2 and a half on non training days

is this diet on point or am i missing something?

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how many carbs on the low day and how many carbs on the high day?

broken

broken

Awards
I get

12g from egg whites
52g from green veggies

so 64 low days

High days
Eggs (whole) 16g
Eggs (whites) 2g
Greens - 81g

so 99 on high days

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow thats a pretty rough diet, but do you have a carb up day?

broken

broken

Awards
No not yet, I am seeing a trainer every few weeks to check my progress and tweek my diet. i am sure they will come later on when i get alittle closer

I actually been dieting from 22 weeks out I am 6 right now its been long the only thing that really changed was that I had oats and a few protien shakes in there till 12 weeks out.

before I started I was 215 with 18.9%bf
now I am at 175 11% bf and I am 5'6

All and all the tight is pretty tough but it is my first time doing anything like this but it is worth it with what I have learned so far

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry but thats a terrible contest diet, Most of those carbs are negligible because they are fiber=doesn't really count. Since when do eggs have carbs? Are you using the stuff in a container from the super market?

No need to cut carbs completely out of your diet with fats being that low also. Your trainer is an idiot IMO.

b-boy

Awards
No not yet, I am seeing a trainer every few weeks to check my progress and tweek my diet. i am sure they will come later on when i get alittle closer

I actually been dieting from 22 weeks out I am 6 right now its been long the only thing that really changed was that I had oats and a few protien shakes in there till 12 weeks out.

before I started I was 215 with 18.9%bf
now I am at 175 11% bf and I am 5'6

All and all the tight is pretty tough but it is my first time doing anything like this but it is worth it with what I have learned so far
you need to get a new trainer asap if he did that diet for you bro!!!!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry but thats a terrible contest diet, Most of those carbs are negligible because they are fiber=doesn't really count. Since when do eggs have carbs? Are you using the stuff in a container from the super market?

No need to cut carbs completely out of your diet with fats being that low also. Your trainer is an idiot IMO.
Truth.......

PS, HIRE DAVE PALUMBO!!!!! great guy i believe he will help with 16 weeks pre contest or 16 week bulk for a specific fee......

davepalumbo.com

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd say to definitely hire someone else.. There are a few really good online trainers, with highly proven track records.

The other thing is, you are only 6 weeks out and still 11% bf?

You got any before and after pics? that is quite the change you have made i am sure.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd say to definitely hire someone else.. There are a few really good online trainers, with highly proven track records.

The other thing is, you are only 6 weeks out and still 11% bf?

You got any before and after pics? that is quite the change you have made i am sure.
palumbo is on of the most knowledgeable people in this sport....

but yes there are other trainers that are good as well.

at 6 weeks out and 11 % you need to get that cardio up hour pre breakfast and hour post workout.... add your fat burners

your protein should be higher then just 6 egg whites.

i would suggest a whey isolate shake 2 times a day, (because there are no carbs) and have chicken with 1 cup of green veggies on the other meals. (or substitute it with another lean meat)

you need to starve that fat off your body.

broken

broken

Awards
thanks for the replys i am really new to all this and just trying to learn as much as i can!

I am probably lower than 11% its been 2 weeks since I been measured but I know I still have alot to do in the short amount of time! and a shitload of cardio ahead of me

thanks again!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this diet is not going to work for a contest. If your 12 weeks out, I'd say wait until next year to get an idea of what you're doing. Oh sh*t, six weeks out, forget about it. Don't even waste your time, you need to get down to like 4%, 3% if you want a chance at winning. Start training for next year.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
with all the previous said, we cant really judge unless you give us a pic.
Thats the only way to help someone continue to diet and monitor yourself.

Its not a greta diet by any means, but its decent for putting somehting together quick.

So pic to help form here and what show you doing at what weight?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i say let him get as low as he can then get a nice rebound to gain weight. just not enter the comp.

broken

broken

Awards
i say let him get as low as he can then get a nice rebound to gain weight. just not enter the comp.

Thats pretty much where I am right now...if I do it or not I am in the best shape i have ever been so why waste all that time, money and effort. I will finish my 22 weeks and be alot smarter the next time around! if I do the show or not

Thanks!