In need of help for high school program

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

In need of help for high school program

**previously posted in the supplement forum also**

Ill try and make this as short as i can. I teach high school chemistry, along with coaching football and track. I have lifted many years and i know the great importance of preworkout and PWO nutrition......and here lies the problem.....

For our football program, we lift our kids 3 times a week using the BFS PROGRAM (bigger, faster,stronger)(dont bash here). We lift our kids on the whistle and we are rapid fire....basically organized chaos. Our kids really get after it....they love to lift...bigtime. (we won the state championship in '05) But here is the problem. As soon as we get through lifting, its 3pm, and we hit the practice field for 3 hr. practice.....we NEVER NEVER eat any PWO nutrition....This has been discussed with coaching staff by me, but nothing is getting done...until now. Im gonna make sure something gets rolling with this...

Our kids bust their tails for an hour, and just walk out of the weightroom without eating any type of protein/carb mix or simply BCAA's/gatorade mix. I have tried and tried to tell our head coach, etc, but just seems we arent going to do anything about it.

Im trying to come up with something that would be very quick and easy to get protein/carbs in our kids as soon as they finish lifting......but remember, this has to be done in bulk and be able to feed nearly 60 athletes, and must be something that isnt going to be heavy on their stomach.

MY THOUGHTS.....order whey protein in bulk from some supplier at a discount. Heck, maybe that would cut us a deal if we display their logo in our weightroom, etc....honestly, just thinking out loud here.

We could use our powdered gatorade as our carb source or buy bulk dextrose and use that.....

So we could have 2 big tubs in our weightroom. When kids get through lifting, they walk by and scoop up protein from barrel #1, then scoop either gatorade powder or dextrose from barrel #2, add water and go and drink..... I think this would have a tremendous positive effect for muscle growth for our kids, saying we dont have any PWO nutrition right now...

Another option i have come across is black star's lab CYTOFUSE. Would does everyone think of this in terms of PWO...taste...heaviness on stomach, etc...Thats all i can think of

anyone else with help or could give me suggestions?
    Any board sponsors wanna help me out with this....Not trying to get anything free by any mean, just want to help our fball players.

thanks so much

2. Registered User

Cytofuse would be perfect for your situation. The only problem is that it comes in 2 lb containers with 12 servings per...maybe you can work a deal out for bulk bags or something. If you go with this, I would recommend the raspberry lemonade as far as taste.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Cytofuse would be perfect for your situation. The only problem is that it comes in 2 lb containers with 12 servings per...maybe you can work a deal out for bulk bags or something. If you go with this, I would recommend the raspberry lemonade as far as taste.
    well..ive gotta have lots and lots of this stuff. Dont think it is going to be possible for our program in terms of money to get cytofuse. Im thinking t r u e p r o t e i n
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    well..ive gotta have lots and lots of this stuff. Dont think it is going to be possible for our program in terms of money to get cytofuse. Im thinking t r u e p r o t e i n
    True Protein?

I haven't forgotten about you, Dave has just been on vacation.
  5. Black Star Labs
    Board Sponsor

I'm not saying anything at all negative about TP as they are a good customer for flavor, however remember cytofuse is not only fully NCAA compliant but also produced in a fully FDA / USDA / cGMP compliant facility.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I'm not saying anything at all negative about TP as they are a good customer for flavor, however remember cytofuse is not only fully NCAA compliant but also produced in a fully FDA / USDA / cGMP compliant facility.
    Here is the thing. I completely understand CYTOFUSE is a terrific product and would fit our needs very well, but the ratio of price/servings is honestly very high. I hope you all understand, but its not like we are NCAA with money everywhere. We have to be conscious of the fact that we are trying to provide PWO drinks to over 50 kids @ 3x a week. With that said, im not sure cytofuse is going to work (although i really wish it could, just not sure we can afford it).

The reason i was saying trueprotein, is because well, u can custom mix, get large quantities, and get somewhat of a discount....

HOnestly, im just throwing out ideas here
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Sheesh. Nevermind i even asked. I am getting little help here.
  8. Banned

you make your kids lift....and then practice for 3 hours?

thats so counterproductive. even teenage kids can burnout with that kind of stress on their bodies.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    you make your kids lift....and then practice for 3 hours?

thats so counterproductive. even teenage kids can burnout with that kind of stress on their bodies.
    I know this and understand, but the way our school schedule is set up, there is no other options for us to life. We have 7 periods a day. Our frosh kids lift 6th and our varsity kids lift 7th. Then we go to practice.

We could never lift before school, as for a couple of reasons....
    1) We live in a very low income school zone, and it would be very difficult to get our kids there 1:30 before school starts. Hell, we are thrilled if we get our kids there to school period (just being sarcastic here, but true in a sense)

2) For most of our kids, the only way to school is the bus, which obviously isnt going to run 1:30 before school starts to get them there....

I hope you understand, but with our schedule and situations, we are pretty much limited in the choices we can make. We have been doing this for the last 10 years, and have been to 2 state championships (won it in 2005), 6 district champions...4 regional champions, final four 3 times, and something like 80% win percentage......so, yes, we are a pretty good club. Our kids work extremely hard, but i just am trying to implement something for our kids to eat after lifting and before practice that would at least HELP. It would be much better than what we are doing now..which is NOTHING.

thanks for your reply.
  10. Registered User

Sheesh. Nevermind i even asked. I am getting little help here.
    That's a little harsh don't you think? I had full intentions on discussing what could be done with Dave via phone. Who's to say we can't help you? If you re-read Customizer's post, he is only reiterating our business model... afterall, you're contemplating between us and a competitor.

We're not going to throw out figures for you on this board, but if you are serious about BSL and your inquiry give us a call, if you haven't done so already.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    That's a little harsh don't you think? I had full intentions on discussing what could be done with Dave via phone.
    Not trying to be rude at all, but we exchanged several PM's, and then all of the sudden u stopped replying. So i really didnt understand the reason. I then posted the thread in BSL'S forum, and werent getting any responses, so, i was just getting frustrated. Also couldnt find a 1-800 #

Wasnt trying to be rude in the least, but felt like i was hitting a dead end.

Could u send me a PM, maybe disussing what you guys could do in terms of bulk, servings, etc.

thanks alot. Again, hope u didnt get the wrong impression.
  12. Registered User

Not trying to be rude at all, but we exchanged several PM's, and then all of the sudden u stopped replying. So i really didnt understand the reason. I then posted the thread in BSL'S forum, and werent getting any responses, so, i was just getting frustrated. Also couldnt find a 1-800 #

Wasnt trying to be rude in the least, but felt like i was hitting a dead end.

Could u send me a PM, maybe disussing what you guys could do in terms of bulk, servings, etc.

thanks alot. Again, hope u didnt get the wrong impression.
    I think you misunderstood. Conversations were put on hold when Customizer went on vacation.... maybe you didn't see tha thread. It had to wait because I cannot authorize anything of this nature, but as I said earlier it was noted and I would get back to you. When it's all said and done, it's still Dave's business, I only get paid to be his personal assistant.

630-444-1800
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Conversations were put on hold when Customizer went on vacation.... maybe you didn't see tha thread. It had to wait because I cannot authorize anything of this nature, but as I said earlier it was noted and I would get back to you. When it's all said and done, it's still Dave's business, I only get paid to be his personal assistant.

630-444-1800
    ok, thanks a lot toad. Just a few questions. I know u dont have the authority to make the decisions,

1) but when selling in bulk, how big can u guys ship?

2) how many scoops/servings would each of our kids need PWO? 3) Could this formula be pre-mixed in the morning and drank in the afternoon (im assuming this would be fine)
    4) Could u give me an idea as to how many lbs we would need per week based 50 ahtletes lifting 3x/week.

Just trying to run some numbers and see what im up against.

thanks
  14. Black Star Labs
    Board Sponsor

Here is the thing. I completely understand CYTOFUSE is a terrific product and would fit our needs very well, but the ratio of price/servings is honestly very high. I hope you all understand, but its not like we are NCAA with money everywhere. We have to be conscious of the fact that we are trying to provide PWO drinks to over 50 kids @ 3x a week. With that said, im not sure cytofuse is going to work (although i really wish it could, just not sure we can afford it).

The reason i was saying trueprotein, is because well, u can custom mix, get large quantities, and get somewhat of a discount....

HOnestly, im just throwing out ideas here
    seriously?? with wholesale to school discounts it comes to 1.08 per serving, i don't know how much cheaper it's going to get than that for a supplement with good protein.
  15. Registered User

ok, thanks a lot toad. Just a few questions. I know u dont have the authority to make the decisions,

1) but when selling in bulk, how big can u guys ship?

2) how many scoops/servings would each of our kids need PWO? 3) Could this formula be pre-mixed in the morning and drank in the afternoon (im assuming this would be fine)
    4) Could u give me an idea as to how many lbs we would need per week based 50 ahtletes lifting 3x/week.

Just trying to run some numbers and see what im up against.

thanks
    1) I don't know for sure, but you buy it - we'll ship it. UPS ground shipping rates apply.

2) That's totally up to you guys, we have our recommendations on bottle. Cytofuse is versatile however. I've personally used both during (added endurance) and PWO with much success. During TKD's I've even done half a serving with some added a serving of BCAA's and felt substancial amount or recovery PWO with that...

3) That'll be fine, just don't let heat get to it.

4) Looks like Dave has you covered.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    seriously?? with wholesale to school discounts it comes to 1.08 per serving, i don't know how much cheaper it's going to get than that for a supplement with good protein.
    Thanks dave. I have several questions for you, that i hope you can help me with. First of all, im very interested in getting this rolling quickly....

1) You were saying that each serving comes to $1.08? Im trying to figure the math on this. If each athlete gets a serving for PWO 2x a week, that would put the total amount per week @ $108.00.
    (i am going on the fact that during the fall, we will only work out mondays, wednesdays, as friday is game day..)

50 athletes x 1serving ($1.08) x 2x/week) = $108.00/week

2) With what is stated above, would 1 serving per athlete PWO be sufficient?

3) In terms of buying in bulk, what is the best deal that we could get for our program? (you can PM me on this if u would rather do that)

4) Also, i am in no means trying to get anything for free, but i dont see any problem with our school displaying BSL / CYTOFUSE banners, signs in places like our brand new weightroom). Just putting that out there because i know PEPSI does this and provides our scoreboards for free (not asking that, just curious)

5) Any suggestions from you or toad would be greatly appreciated on how to operate this more efficiently.

thanks alot
    curt

thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. In need of help with a diet plan for cutting!
    By jasond301 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
  2. Bulking newb in need of help
    By the kid in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
  3. Ectomorph in Need of Help
    By DaveWalton in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 07:16 AM
  4. An Aussie in need of help