Survey

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
Regarding a completely unique and very innovative protein/gainer supplement the world has never seen before.

If one were to be released that had an unprecedented formula in terms of unique items, anabolic goodies and growth fractions, tasted absolutely amazing (BSL flavors), but was priced higher than similar formulas probably in the range of $3 per serving would it be of interest or is it cost prohibitive regardless of the gains that could be made from said formula?

jay12

Awards
Kind of like Ultra Peptide 2.0 + AA? If so, it sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it will do too well. You guys just don't do a good enough job promoting (hyping) stuff to reach the kind of audience (i.e., MuscleTech customers) willing to pay that much per serving. Just my 2 cents

p.s. R&R is great

Cerberus

Awards
Run a batch ... see how it sells w/ the marketing you do for it. I personally would purchase it.

knightowl

Awards
i would not pay $3 per serving for anything ! Thats just my opinion

knightowl

Awards
even a meal?
I don't put a limit on the amount of money I spend on a meal, but I will not pay $3 per serving for any supplement that's what I meant. i.e I would rather pay $3 for chicken breast or a piece of steak than a serving of a supplement

Cerberus

Awards
Customizer,

How about you give us some insight what the ingredients would be. I'm pretty interested.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
Unfortunately I don't want to give hints out yet, I've been knocked off enough so at least this time I need to be sure it doesn't happen before I even release it. sorry

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it is comparable to the protein of a whole protein food like one would be able to acquire for $3 (bulk purchase all my whole food protein) it would be considered. I would not pay $3 for a 23.5g serving of protein powder regardless. But if it had the satiety and caloric/nutrient profile equivalent to a 6-8oz chicken breast, two cups of broc/cauli and 1-2tblsp of xvoo I would consider it for my work day meal(s) and/or even more if it produced the anabolic properties you claim.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
If it is comparable to the protein of a whole protein food like one would be able to acquire for $3 (bulk purchase all my whole food protein) it would be considered. I would not pay $3 for a 23.5g serving of protein powder regardless. But if it had the satiety and caloric/nutrient profile equivalent to a 6-8oz chicken breast, two cups of broc/cauli and 1-2tblsp of xvoo I would consider it for my work day meal(s) and/or even more if it produced the anabolic properties you claim.
Brian, What are your thoughts on SAN's Infusion? Have you looked at that product before?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jordan, you know I don't use supplements ;)

No I have never looked at it. Is there relevance?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Jordan, you know I don't use supplements ;)

No I have never looked at it. Is there relevance?
Mmmaybe? ;)

It's typically thought of an an upper-tier MRP along with VPX's Zero Impact MRP. Given what you wrote and Infusion's or ZI's breakdown, would a product like that work for you?

OR In other words, if you could create your own liquid meal, what would you like to see it contain?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK. Gotcha.

Most my meals outside of p/pwo consist of about 35-50g protein, 5-20g carbs (vegetables) and 10-20g fat (xvoo). Depending upon goals the carbs go up and down with the fat the inverse of the carbs.

For me the issue with liquid meals is satiety and fiber content. I need my fiber or I am unhappy and if I am not somewhat satisfied I may tend to still grab for a whole food.

As for those other micro ingredients, a solid amino profile slow digesting protein that does not gas, bloat or bind and a low GI carb and with EFA's

Like I said, I never even consider them because they have always been cost prohibitive and lacking in satiety. There may be those who have more experience than myself and preference that is different than mine.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
What he said.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
OK. Gotcha.

Most my meals outside of p/pwo consist of about 35-50g protein, 5-20g carbs (vegetables) and 10-20g fat (xvoo). Depending upon goals the carbs go up and down with the fat the inverse of the carbs.

For me the issue with liquid meals is satiety and fiber content. I need my fiber or I am unhappy and if I am not somewhat satisfied I may tend to still grab for a whole food.

As for those other micro ingredients, a solid amino profile slow digesting protein that does not gas, bloat or bind and a low GI carb and with EFA's

Like I said, I never even consider them because they have always been cost prohibitive and lacking in satiety. There may be those who have more experience than myself and preference that is different than mine.

I prefer to chew my food too. How I would use 1/2 serving of this product is as a booster shake to a solid food meal. I am realistic and I know very few would actually do this, but I would just for the anabolic goodies in there. But like you I am from the old school where I want to chew the calories

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Brian, What are your thoughts on SAN's Infusion?
i know this wasnt directed towrds me but SAN Infusion is easily my favorite supplemental protein/meal replacement powder. outperforming the vanilla caramel swirl flavor wont be easy but i wouldnt doubt that BSL can do it!

if others are like me, i always keep some type of meal replacement powder on hand just for convenience purposes. it is not unreasonable to charge $3 per serving if the powder is as filling and nourishing as a clean, whole food meal.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
I think it would fly if it was marketed as a two in one. Meal replacement and anabolic. Get your protein and growth factors all in one.

icey

icey

Awards
Hmmm I was just thinking about this topic today

Alot of attention has been given to supplement type of stuff over the past 10-15 years but very little towards building block nutrition since whey protein was first formulated years ago.

The only recent thing that comes to mind is waxy maize starch

I'd like to see some supplement companies work on foods themselves, seeing how much nutrition they can pack into the smallest container. Thereby finding something the body can process to make really good gains without getting overloaded. MRP is a good try but I have better luck making my own gainer shakes.

It's sort of like the difference between eating fresh fish and rice vs. eating a hungry man dinner. The fish and rice may not have as high of calories and protein, but since they are much more nutritionally sound you're gonna make better gains off of it.

So to answer the question, if the product gave me gains in a way that I wouldn't normally experience, I would buy it at $3 per serving, as that's not much more than many MRP's on the market right now.

icey

icey

Awards
I prefer to chew my food too. How I would use 1/2 serving of this product is as a booster shake to a solid food meal. I am realistic and I know very few would actually do this, but I would just for the anabolic goodies in there. But like you I am from the old school where I want to chew the calories
I just had two glasses of milk with lunch, adding this in makes sense, or with the rest of my meals.

I actually prefer to drink most of my meals though since eating is the single hardest part of my training. I just get sick of doing it.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
A few years back I picked up about 10 boxes of Prolab Lean Mass Matrix dirt cheap at a GNC. That was a pretty good product.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Regarding a completely unique and very innovative protein/gainer supplement the world has never seen before.

If one were to be released that had an unprecedented formula in terms of unique items, anabolic goodies and growth fractions, tasted absolutely amazing (BSL flavors), but was priced higher than similar formulas probably in the range of $3 per serving would it be of interest or is it cost prohibitive regardless of the gains that could be made from said formula?
I'm down, but I'd have to see some great and innovative ingredients .

knightowl

Awards
As far as I understand the idea has been scrapped by customizer

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
As far as I understand the idea has been scrapped by customizer
Not entirely, we are still kicking ideas around. ;)

Obviously price is a huge factor for most and BSL isn't an extremely popular company to catch a name wave.

knightowl

Awards
Not entirely, we are still kicking ideas around. ;)

Obviously price is a huge factor for most and BSL isn't an extremely popular company to catch a name wave.
BSL would be a very popular company if you had a sale on the chocolate flavour and people tried it ! what Say you Dave? :)

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
BSL would be a very popular company if you had a sale on the chocolate flavour and people tried it ! what Say you Dave? :)
it must have been a glitch because I had put it on sale but for whatever reason it was not showing up. I just took care of it.

knightowl

Awards
it must have been a glitch because I had put it on sale but for whatever reason it was not showing up. I just took care of it.
AWESOME! now everybody show some love to BSL and spread the word !