Survey

  1. Black Star Labs
    Customizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

    Survey


    Regarding a completely unique and very innovative protein/gainer supplement the world has never seen before.

    If one were to be released that had an unprecedented formula in terms of unique items, anabolic goodies and growth fractions, tasted absolutely amazing (BSL flavors), but was priced higher than similar formulas probably in the range of $3 per serving would it be of interest or is it cost prohibitive regardless of the gains that could be made from said formula?

  2. New Member
    jay12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    186
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    15.84%

    Kind of like Ultra Peptide 2.0 + AA? If so, it sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it will do too well. You guys just don't do a good enough job promoting (hyping) stuff to reach the kind of audience (i.e., MuscleTech customers) willing to pay that much per serving. Just my 2 cents

    p.s. R&R is great
  3. New Member
    Cerberus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    223
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    48.41%

    Run a batch ... see how it sells w/ the marketing you do for it. I personally would purchase it.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    knightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

    i would not pay $3 per serving for anything ! Thats just my opinion
  5. Black Star Labs
    Customizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    i would not pay $3 per serving for anything ! Thats just my opinion
    even a meal?
  6. New Member
    knightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    even a meal?
    I don't put a limit on the amount of money I spend on a meal, but I will not pay $3 per serving for any supplement that's what I meant. i.e I would rather pay $3 for chicken breast or a piece of steak than a serving of a supplement
  7. New Member
    Cerberus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    223
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    48.41%

    Customizer,

    How about you give us some insight what the ingredients would be. I'm pretty interested.
  8. Black Star Labs
    Customizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

    Unfortunately I don't want to give hints out yet, I've been knocked off enough so at least this time I need to be sure it doesn't happen before I even release it. sorry
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    1040299

    If it is comparable to the protein of a whole protein food like one would be able to acquire for $3 (bulk purchase all my whole food protein) it would be considered. I would not pay $3 for a 23.5g serving of protein powder regardless. But if it had the satiety and caloric/nutrient profile equivalent to a 6-8oz chicken breast, two cups of broc/cauli and 1-2tblsp of xvoo I would consider it for my work day meal(s) and/or even more if it produced the anabolic properties you claim.
  10. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    If it is comparable to the protein of a whole protein food like one would be able to acquire for $3 (bulk purchase all my whole food protein) it would be considered. I would not pay $3 for a 23.5g serving of protein powder regardless. But if it had the satiety and caloric/nutrient profile equivalent to a 6-8oz chicken breast, two cups of broc/cauli and 1-2tblsp of xvoo I would consider it for my work day meal(s) and/or even more if it produced the anabolic properties you claim.
    Brian, What are your thoughts on SAN's Infusion? Have you looked at that product before?
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    1040299

    Jordan, you know I don't use supplements

    No I have never looked at it. Is there relevance?
  12. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Jordan, you know I don't use supplements

    No I have never looked at it. Is there relevance?
    Mmmaybe?

    It's typically thought of an an upper-tier MRP along with VPX's Zero Impact MRP. Given what you wrote and Infusion's or ZI's breakdown, would a product like that work for you?

    OR In other words, if you could create your own liquid meal, what would you like to see it contain?
  13. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    1040299

    OK. Gotcha.

    Most my meals outside of p/pwo consist of about 35-50g protein, 5-20g carbs (vegetables) and 10-20g fat (xvoo). Depending upon goals the carbs go up and down with the fat the inverse of the carbs.

    For me the issue with liquid meals is satiety and fiber content. I need my fiber or I am unhappy and if I am not somewhat satisfied I may tend to still grab for a whole food.

    As for those other micro ingredients, a solid amino profile slow digesting protein that does not gas, bloat or bind and a low GI carb and with EFA's

    Like I said, I never even consider them because they have always been cost prohibitive and lacking in satiety. There may be those who have more experience than myself and preference that is different than mine.
  14. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    If it is comparable to the protein of a whole protein food like one would be able to acquire for $3 (bulk purchase all my whole food protein) it would be considered. I would not pay $3 for a 23.5g serving of protein powder regardless. But if it had the satiety and caloric/nutrient profile equivalent to a 6-8oz chicken breast, two cups of broc/cauli and 1-2tblsp of xvoo I would consider it for my work day meal(s) and/or even more if it produced the anabolic properties you claim.
    What he said.
  15. Black Star Labs
    Customizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    OK. Gotcha.

    Most my meals outside of p/pwo consist of about 35-50g protein, 5-20g carbs (vegetables) and 10-20g fat (xvoo). Depending upon goals the carbs go up and down with the fat the inverse of the carbs.

    For me the issue with liquid meals is satiety and fiber content. I need my fiber or I am unhappy and if I am not somewhat satisfied I may tend to still grab for a whole food.

    As for those other micro ingredients, a solid amino profile slow digesting protein that does not gas, bloat or bind and a low GI carb and with EFA's

    Like I said, I never even consider them because they have always been cost prohibitive and lacking in satiety. There may be those who have more experience than myself and preference that is different than mine.

    I prefer to chew my food too. How I would use 1/2 serving of this product is as a booster shake to a solid food meal. I am realistic and I know very few would actually do this, but I would just for the anabolic goodies in there. But like you I am from the old school where I want to chew the calories
  16. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    570
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    Brian, What are your thoughts on SAN's Infusion?
    i know this wasnt directed towrds me but SAN Infusion is easily my favorite supplemental protein/meal replacement powder. outperforming the vanilla caramel swirl flavor wont be easy but i wouldnt doubt that BSL can do it!

    if others are like me, i always keep some type of meal replacement powder on hand just for convenience purposes. it is not unreasonable to charge $3 per serving if the powder is as filling and nourishing as a clean, whole food meal.
  17. New Member
    bkprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    262
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    48.69%

    I think it would fly if it was marketed as a two in one. Meal replacement and anabolic. Get your protein and growth factors all in one.
  18. New Member
    icey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    73.56%

    Thumbs up


    Hmmm I was just thinking about this topic today

    Alot of attention has been given to supplement type of stuff over the past 10-15 years but very little towards building block nutrition since whey protein was first formulated years ago.

    The only recent thing that comes to mind is waxy maize starch


    I'd like to see some supplement companies work on foods themselves, seeing how much nutrition they can pack into the smallest container. Thereby finding something the body can process to make really good gains without getting overloaded. MRP is a good try but I have better luck making my own gainer shakes.

    It's sort of like the difference between eating fresh fish and rice vs. eating a hungry man dinner. The fish and rice may not have as high of calories and protein, but since they are much more nutritionally sound you're gonna make better gains off of it.

    So to answer the question, if the product gave me gains in a way that I wouldn't normally experience, I would buy it at $3 per serving, as that's not much more than many MRP's on the market right now.
  19. New Member
    icey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    73.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I prefer to chew my food too. How I would use 1/2 serving of this product is as a booster shake to a solid food meal. I am realistic and I know very few would actually do this, but I would just for the anabolic goodies in there. But like you I am from the old school where I want to chew the calories
    I just had two glasses of milk with lunch, adding this in makes sense, or with the rest of my meals.

    I actually prefer to drink most of my meals though since eating is the single hardest part of my training. I just get sick of doing it.
  20. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1776
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    57.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    A few years back I picked up about 10 boxes of Prolab Lean Mass Matrix dirt cheap at a GNC. That was a pretty good product.
  21. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10911
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    31.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Regarding a completely unique and very innovative protein/gainer supplement the world has never seen before.

    If one were to be released that had an unprecedented formula in terms of unique items, anabolic goodies and growth fractions, tasted absolutely amazing (BSL flavors), but was priced higher than similar formulas probably in the range of $3 per serving would it be of interest or is it cost prohibitive regardless of the gains that could be made from said formula?
    I'm down, but I'd have to see some great and innovative ingredients .
  22. New Member
    knightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

    As far as I understand the idea has been scrapped by customizer
  23. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    978
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    As far as I understand the idea has been scrapped by customizer
    Not entirely, we are still kicking ideas around.

    Obviously price is a huge factor for most and BSL isn't an extremely popular company to catch a name wave.
  24. New Member
    knightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    Not entirely, we are still kicking ideas around.

    Obviously price is a huge factor for most and BSL isn't an extremely popular company to catch a name wave.
    BSL would be a very popular company if you had a sale on the chocolate flavour and people tried it ! what Say you Dave?
  25. Black Star Labs
    Customizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    BSL would be a very popular company if you had a sale on the chocolate flavour and people tried it ! what Say you Dave?
    it must have been a glitch because I had put it on sale but for whatever reason it was not showing up. I just took care of it.
  26. New Member
    knightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    781
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    it must have been a glitch because I had put it on sale but for whatever reason it was not showing up. I just took care of it.
    AWESOME! now everybody show some love to BSL and spread the word !
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Quick Protein Bar Survey
    By Nitrox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
  2. Survey/Question's and MORE INSIDE(PLEASE READ)
    By Dr Liftalot in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 11:12 PM
  3. Rick Collins, Esq./Legal Muscle Survey
    By Bionic in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
  4. Survey from Rutgers (from ology)
    By dito in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:41 PM
  5. Take the Surveys!!
    By bigpetefox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in