BioCor Cissus Quadrangularis

BioCorRob

BioCorRob

Board Sponsor
Awards
BioCor-Cissus-Rendering-150dpi-300x300.png

BioCor Nutrition Cissus Quadrangularis (100 grams): Discount Cissus Quadrangularis Supplements

Cissus quadrangularis has been used as a medicinal plant since antiquity. In siddha medicine it is considered a tonic and analgesic, and is believed to help heal broken bones, thus its name asthisamharaka (that which prevents the destruction of bones). It is said to have antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, anthelmintic, antihemorrhoidal and analgesic activities. It has been found to contain a rich source of carotenoids, triterpenoids and ascorbic acid. Its bactericidal effects on Helicobacter pylori hold promise as a potential treatment of gastric ulcers in conjunction with NSAID therapy. A weight loss supplement containing Cissus quadrangularis and other ingredients including green tea, soy, selenium, chromium, and B vitamins was evaluated in an 8-week trial. The supplement helped reduce body weight by 4-8% ( placebo 2.4%) a clinically significant weight loss.

Cissus Quadrangularis has been a staple of traditional Indian medicine for centuries.Researchers discovered the power of this unique herbal remedy and have now made it available to Western athletes and bodybuilders, or anyone else who wants to strengthen muscle and bone.

Its unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and plant sterol compounds not only build and strengthen muscle and bone, but actually helps deliver nutrients to tendon related injuries, while at the same time soothe the pain of sports related injuries. Common painkillers like aspirin only mask the pain of injured muscles, bones, and tendons and can damage the stomach lining and even cause ulcers. Scientific studies have shown Cissus Quadrangularis actually soothe ulcers by strengthening the gastric mucosa, the stomach’s protective lining.

Research:

Greenway, FL; Bray, GA (2010). “Combination drugs for treating obesity”. Current Diabetes Reports 10 (2): 108–15. doi:10.1007/s11892-010-0096-4. PMID 20425569.

In vitro and In vivo evaluation of free radical scavenging potential of Cissus quadrangularis, Mallika Jainu1 and C.S. Shyamala Devi, African Journal of Biomedical Research, Vol. 8 (2005); 95 – 99, http://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajbr/article/viewFile/35768/59535

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wondering how this mixes in a shaker bottle or is a blender a better avenue? Suggestions on mixing this with a post workout shake?

Thanks in advance

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Wondering how this mixes in a shaker bottle or is a blender a better avenue? Suggestions on mixing this with a post workout shake?

Thanks in advance
Not well. You could add it to a smoothie or something. It won't dissolve. I put on my tongue and follow with some juice. LOL

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would it be smart to mix this with BCAA's or my morning PWO?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
doesnt mix very well but as with any bulk supplement, i just take a shot of it. easier that way for me. i dont see a problem mixing with BCAAs to flavor it or anything. but most bulk aminos high in leucine do not mix well as it is. at least in my experiences they havent.