AXIS Labs BCAA Ethyl Ester is Underdosed

Clarityandfocus

Awards
I used their BCAA product for a long time wondering how in the hell they could get 3,200 mgs into four little capsules. Finally, I got an electronic scale and weighed them. Four (4) capsules don't weigh even 2 grams. I did it several times with different capsules. What a dumb ass I was for not weighing them sooner. I am very pissed about being ripped off by AXIS Labs. I no longer use their products.

I am so damn sick of supp companies underdosing products. My hard earned money got wasted. AXIS Labs owes me $$$.

Shame on you, AXIS Labs. You are a disgrace.

Clarity

Clarityandfocus

Awards
I encourage anyone to do what I did. Weigh your capsules on an electronic scale minus the weight of the capsules.

I bought (at least) 30 bottles of this product. The bottle I weighed was the last bottle I bought. I was and still am pissed!

I opened the caps from several different bottles at different times to see how much was in each one. They all looked the same.

I really do deserve compensation for this. Companies that buy in bulk from them should consider a lawsuit.

Clarity

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I used their BCAA product for a long time wondering how in the hell they could get 3,200 mgs into four little capsules. Finally, I got an electronic scale and weighed them. Four (4) capsules don't weigh even 2 grams. I did it several times with different capsules. What a dumb ass I was for not weighing them sooner. I am very pissed about being ripped off by AXIS Labs. I no longer use their products.

I am so damn sick of supp companies underdosing products. My hard earned money got wasted. AXIS Labs owes me $$$.

Shame on you, AXIS Labs. You are a disgrace.

Clarity
I suggest you send an e-mail to voice your concerns. Here's a link to use-
Axis Labs
We also have a telephone number to call where you can actually speak with a member of our company, which is:

1-877-AXIS-LABS (294-7522)
International: (303)221-2110
Fax: (303)221-3025

We also have an address you can use to ship back any unused product, which is:

Axis Labs, Inc.
12835 E Arapahoe Rd
Tower One, Ste 450
Centennial, CO 80112

In the future, if you have any problems with any supplements(even those not related to Axis Labs), that you use one of the aforementioned methods to voice your concerns. This helps companies to adddress any potential quality issues that may be present, allows for the customer to be adequately compensated, and displays a decent level of class not shown here.

Last edited:

Clarityandfocus

Awards
Hey slow-mun-

Having class is being a vendor that gives people what they pay for. Naturally, you are upset for being called on this.

What AXIS Labs has done is classless.

Product review is what this forum is for. So, we should only post positive responses to further your products? I don't think so, bud.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the business.

I encourage everyone to weigh out their BCAA capsules on an electronic scale. You'll see what I am talking about.

BTW, slow-mun. I don't need a spoon feed on how to contact AXIS Labs. I know where you are. I was ripped off on over 30 bottles. As if I have all the empty bottles and lot #'s... Give me a break. Lot #'s don't matter anyway. They are all underdosed.

Clarity

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No.

Having class is when you have the freedom to publicly bad mouth someone about a mistake they made but refrain from doing so.

Do you want resolution to this matter or would you prefer to just bad mouth the vendor? Or maybe you would like both?

Your situation can and will be handled if you work with the vendor as he has asked you to.

Thank you.

Clarityandfocus

Awards
No.

Having class is when you have the freedom to publicly bad mouth someone about a mistake they made but refrain from doing so.

Do you want resolution to this matter or would you prefer to just bad mouth the vendor? Or maybe you would like both?

Your situation can and will be handled if you work with the vendor as he has asked you to.

Thank you.
Well, I rarely speak my mind like that but this one was hard to resist.

I thought people deserved to know. We all work hard for our money and few have it to waste. I spent easily $1,000 on their BCAA product line. I rarely deviate from ALRI because their products are accurately dosed. If all companies had the integrity of ALRI the bodybuilding community would be a much better place.

Yes, I was somewhat harsh in my postings but it's because I am justifiably angry. I train way too hard to discover later on what I thought was going into my body (and being paid for) was not so. Anyone should be pissed and rightly so.

I don't have any unused product to send back. :(

I thought this forum was to voice feedback. I realize now it is only for positive feedback.

No disrespect to this board was intended. However, vendors should not be considered sacred. They deserve the same scrutiny as anyone else, or even more. However, maybe you are angry because this vendor pays you money to be here and I spoke up about my dissatisfaction with one of their products. If I were you, I would be angry about a vendor selling an underdosed product to your members.

Clarity

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me get this straight, you weighed multiple capsules, all were underdosed, but you couldn't resist from taking them? You have none left over to ship us?

You have used 30 bottles of this product and it has only been on the market 14 months??

30 bottles is unbelievable customer support. You must have got good results and loved the product. God knows if I have purchased 30 bottles of something in less than 14 months I must have REALLY loved the product.

Quality control is extremely important to us at Axis Labs. We take pride in our quality and always go the extra step to provide more than what is the standard in the industry.

"00" capsules hold up to 800mg per capsule, so 4 capsules would hold 3200mg, you claimed that you didn't even think that was possible. You also mentioned nothing about how much you are accounting per capsule weight.

Quality is guaranteed on all Axis Labs products.

You can contact Axis Labs and send them what is left of your BCAA Ethyl Ester(opened or unopened or empty bottles) and we will replace any defective product. Axis Labs is very interested in seeing the defection.

By doing this, we can make sure it never happens again IF there is a problem with the product.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I rarely speak my mind like that but this one was hard to resist.

I thought people deserved to know. We all work hard for our money and few have it to waste. I spent easily $1,000 on their BCAA product line. I rarely deviate from ALRI because their products are accurately dosed. If all companies had the integrity of ALRI the bodybuilding community would be a much better place.

Yes, I was somewhat harsh in my postings but it's because I am justifiably angry. I train way too hard to discover later on what I thought was going into my body (and being paid for) was not so. Anyone should be pissed and rightly so.

I don't have any unused product to send back. :(

I thought this forum was to voice feedback. I realize now it is only for positive feedback.

No disrespect to this board was intended. However, vendors should not be considered sacred. They deserve the same scrutiny as anyone else, or even more. However, maybe you are angry because this vendor pays you money to be here and I spoke up about my dissatisfaction with one of their products. If I were you, I would be angry about a vendor selling an underdosed product to your members.

Clarity
Feedback is welcomed here. The vendors are not sacred. No vendor pays me anything.

Shaming someone is a bit more than simple feedback. It comes off abrasive and very unflattering. You have a very valid issue but it flies well below the radar because of the tone of your post.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Hey slow-mun-

Having class is being a vendor that gives people what they pay for. Naturally, you are upset for being called on this.

What AXIS Labs has done is classless.

Product review is what this forum is for. So, we should only post positive responses to further your products? I don't think so, bud.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the business.

I encourage everyone to weigh out their BCAA capsules on an electronic scale. You'll see what I am talking about.

BTW, slow-mun. I don't need a spoon feed on how to contact AXIS Labs. I know where you are. I was ripped off on over 30 bottles. As if I have all the empty bottles and lot #'s... Give me a break. Lot #'s don't matter anyway. They are all underdosed.

Clarity
Feedback, whether negative or positive, is welcome. My only gripe is the delivery. A simple PM, e-mail, telephone call, or even letter is usually the best way to get your point across and have it heard. BTW, I am far from upset. Those that have known me over the years through the forums would probably say that I acted out of character by posting such a mild retort. Regardless, you have our attention now and we will do our best to see what is going on.

Clarityandfocus

Awards
Feedback is welcomed here. The vendors are not sacred. No vendor pays me anything.

Shaming someone is a bit more than simple feedback. It comes off abrasive and very unflattering. You have a very valid issue but it flies well below the radar because of the tone of your post.
Yes, you have a great point. The tone I used to address the subject was very out of character for me. I was truly upset. Please forgive my bad manners.

Clarity

Clarityandfocus

Awards
Let me get this straight, you weighed multiple capsules, all were underdosed, but you couldn't resist from taking them? You have none left over to ship us?

You have used 30 bottles of this product and it has only been on the market 14 months??

30 bottles is unbelievable customer support. You must have got good results and loved the product. God knows if I have purchased 30 bottles of something in less than 14 months I must have REALLY loved the product.

Quality control is extremely important to us at Axis Labs. We take pride in our quality and always go the extra step to provide more than what is the standard in the industry.

"00" capsules hold up to 800mg per capsule, so 4 capsules would hold 3200mg, you claimed that you didn't even think that was possible. You also mentioned nothing about how much you are accounting per capsule weight.

Quality is guaranteed on all Axis Labs products.

You can contact Axis Labs and send them what is left of your BCAA Ethyl Ester(opened or unopened or empty bottles) and we will replace any defective product. Axis Labs is very interested in seeing the defection.

By doing this, we can make sure it never happens again IF there is a problem with the product.
I continued to purchase multiple bottles because I only weighed capsules out of the last two bottles (which I had already purchased) and they were the last two bottles I purchased. Prior to determining the weight of the ingredients inside the capsules I chose AXIS Labs because there was no other BCAA EE product on the market at that price. I purchased because of what the label said was in the capsules. BCAAs are an important part of my supplement regimen.

You "think" 800 milligrams will fit into a 00 gelcap. It depends on what neutraceutical you are capping, bud. Possibly with BCAA EE... "if" both ends of the 00 cap were stuffed to the max with product spilling out... but then you cannot close the capsule. Listen, I have been capping my own products using an electronic scale for a long time so you are preaching to the choir. Your BCAA capsules were far from packed to the max. They were loosely packed, undoubtedly by a capsule machine. I weighed them repeatedly, minus the weight of the capsules. It is called the "tare" feature on the electronic scale. It is a precision instrument and your dosing is far from precise. Your caps have approx 500 mgs each, period. The scale does not lie. It is false advertising.

I am glad that I have your attention now. This will hopefully set a precedent for you on labeling procedures.

The reason I bought so many bottles is because I use a lot of BCAA. I don't play around with small dosages. I am 5'11" and 275 pounds. I workout hard and regularly. The EE delivery system is supposed to be 400% more bioavailable than regular BCAA.

Each bottle of your BCAA capsules should have approx 144 grams of BCAA EE. In reality it only has approx 90 grams of BCAA EE.

So... In consuming 30 bottles, in reality I only consumed 2,700grams of BCAA EE. That is only 2.7 kilograms in one year. I bought all 30 bottles in almost exactly a twelve month period. Not sure about you but as hard as I train that is a minimal requirement over a one year time span.

Since I weighed your caps I now buy BCAA EE in bulk powder form and cap my own using 000 gelcaps. Now I know how many milligrams are in each one.

Hey, Universal Labs advertizes their OKG as 850 mgs per each 00 gelcap. Well, I weighed each one from several different bottles and guess what? Each cap, minus the weight of the capsule is right at 500 milligrams each. How can a company not know this? Therefore, after weighing their capsules, I started buying bulk powder by the kilo and capping it myself.

I really was not expecting any compensation from AXIS Labs because I knew you would expect me to prove it. I knew you would expect empty bottles and unused product, etc... So that would be a losing battle. I just posted about this to make customers and members of a board (where AXIS Labs is a sponsor) aware of the underdosing.

Damn, just trying to help out other people. I am getting nothing out of this except a little bit of satisfaction... and not much at that. :(

I apologize to both of you reps for my rude tone and approach. That was not very classy and I was wrong for the tone I used to address you in the beginning. Please pardon my bad manners.

I definitely was a devoted customer for that year. :(

Clarity

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you were upset enough to make such a mean and rude post, then you would definitely go through the process of sending us the bottles. If you are not willing to send Axis Labs any kind of capsule whatsoever then I have to go by what we have here; and that is guaranteed packaging of what is said is on the bottle. Everything here is measured perfectly.

If you are not willing to send us anything, then this thread is better left alone since all we have is you typing a bunch of garbage on a forum and nothing in our hands to see.

Axis Labs is guaranteed and everything we have in front of us is measured correct.

We are sorry we lost your business, however there is nothing we can do if you don't "feel" like sending us anything. You can make such a rude post and complain over and over but can't send us anything you have to see if anything you are saying is remotely true.

I am truly sorry something couldn't have been worked out.

P.S. I really don't need your explanation of what you "think" capping is all about. Thanks.

Awards
The accuracy of a balance/scale is dependent upon several features:

1 - Is the balance maintained/serviced periodically.
2 - Is the balance calibrated regularly/annually using standard weights (the quality of these standards is also important).
3 - Is the calibration performed/verified by an independent party in accordance with industry standards.
4 - Is the balance accurately leveled before use.
5 - Are maintenance and calibration records kept.

There are significant differences between household balances/scales and those used in manufacturing processes, especially when it comes to the the 'margin of error' associated with a particular balance/scale.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Just buy bottle number 31,weigh the caps and get this drama over with.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is no drama to begin with.

Axis Labs & Universal Nutrition(the other company BCAA he mentioned being underdosed) are manufactured in GMP plants. GMP requires that parts of the batch are tested. It is possible that "a few" capsules might be light, considering we are making millions of them; but for the most part, the whole run is spot on.

VPX makes a product that is a BCAA EE, same capsule size("00") same dose(4 capsules)(3200 mg)

I am sure now you are saying Axis Labs, Universal Nutrition, and VPX are all a bunch of scammers. :rolleyes:

paxmowa

paxmowa

Awards
Hi there,

Gonna work out in a few minutes and just taken my BCAAEE's, Axis Labs ofcourse.

Weighed the caps out of curiosity and they turned out to be on the spot and then some.

Filled cap weighed in at 0,88 grams
Contents of cap weighed in at 0,76 grams

Nice work Axis Labs! Not that I expected anything else to start with.
Now if I only had known how bad BCAAEE powder tastes in advance, I would never have tried to drink the contents in a glass of water (didn't dissolve either), It's like hairspray!!! Yuck and thank god for capsules.

Just my two cents,
Steve

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And unless someone has a lab grade or close scale you could be off up to ±3% - 760mg ±23mg. Lets not forget the capping process upper and lower control limits as well as material moisture at the time of processing is another acceptable % deviation of reasonably in control control. Not to mention residual powder adhering to the inside of the capsule.

I challenge anyone to use a scoop, eye-ball, or what have you and produce 10 sample to place on your scale and produce better accuracy and repeatability.

Sorry guys but being an aerospace manufacturing process quality engineer tells me that in the grand scheme of things even if manufactured using GMP this is still a reasonably acceptable deviation and range for a single (or several) sample from a lot of what is likely 1 million pieces or better at a time.

For me I would take the tare of one capsule. Multiply it by the number of capsules. Take all the full capsules and weigh them. The subtract the tare weight of the sum of capsules. This will give you total weight of product in one bottle. Even still...its a manufacturing process with upper and lower control limits. One bottle is a poor sample. Try 20, 40, 80, 100 or more bottles out of a 10,000 bottle lot.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
And unless someone has a lab grade or close scale you could be off up to ±3% - 760mg ±23mg. Lets not forget the capping process upper and lower control limits as well as material moisture at the time of processing is another acceptable % deviation of reasonably in control control. Not to mention residual powder adhering to the inside of the capsule.

I challenge anyone to use a scoop, eye-ball, or what have you and produce 10 sample to place on your scale and produce better accuracy and repeatability.

Sorry guys but being an aerospace manufacturing process quality engineer tells me that in the grand scheme of things even if manufactured using GMP this is still a reasonably acceptable deviation and range for a single (or several) sample from a lot of what is likely 1 million pieces or better at a time.

For me I would take the tare of one capsule. Multiply it by the number of capsules. Take all the full capsules and weigh them. The subtract the tare weight of the sum of capsules. This will give you total weight of product in one bottle. Even still...its a manufacturing process with upper and lower control limits. One bottle is a poor sample. Try 20, 40, 80, 100 or more bottles out of a 10,000 bottle lot.
Nice Post! Definately agreed..

paxmowa

paxmowa

Awards
I do agree with you to some extend, just felt I could add a little leverage by actually weighing a capsule myself and post results.

I really believe my scale is a lot better calibrated than the TS's and gives quite accurate results, to that extend, weighing the contents of one capsule at 0,76 is very close to what is being stated as actual content of a capsule. Seeing how BCAAEE's aren't exactly the most expensive substance in the world, I could see how a company would slightly overfill their capsules just to steer clear of any weird complaints from customers and even calculate the overfill into the final price.

I'll stick with the idea that my capsules contain 0,760 grams of product and be happy with that.

I'm also quite sure that the bottles with filled caps get weighed after production, to verify the final weight of the contents.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
Supplements 11
Supplements 3
poison Supplement Logs 124
fatburner2007 Supplements 9