Furazadrol effect on HDL cholesterol, good or bad?

MaximumSecurity

Awards
I understand the compound lowers cholesterol. However my over all total is like 167. My bad LDL is 108mg/dl.

Problem is my good (HDL) is 31 mg/dl. About 10 points less than desired. Will furazadrol make this worse? I currently started taking 4600mgs of fish oil daily to boost my HDL. Hopefully next year my test will improve.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I understand the compound lowers cholesterol. However my over all total is like 167. My bad LDL is 108mg/dl.

Problem is my good (HDL) is 31 mg/dl. About 10 points less than desired. Will furazadrol make this worse? I currently started taking 4600mgs of fish oil daily to boost my HDL. Hopefully next year my test will improve.
You should never start ANY ph or anything of the nature if ANY type of health issues exist. Get that cholesterol back to healthy levels then start back with your PH considerations..Just my humble opinion...feel free to chime in Axis ;)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is what William Llewellyn has to say about Furaguno's effects on cholesterol:

Furazabol use is expected to increase cardiovascular disease risk, not improve it. While Furaguno may be less potent in this regard due to the lack of c-17 methylation, it is likely to have a noticeable effect here. Expect that its use will result in a measurable suppression of HDL cholesterol levels, which may be accompanied by relatively stable or even elevated LDL (bad) cholesterol. Proceed with the same respect you would give other oral steroids, and most certainly do not take this if you have high cholesterol and are looking for an improvement.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
You should never start ANY ph or anything of the nature if ANY type of health issues exist. Get that cholesterol back to healthy levels then start back with your PH considerations..Just my humble opinion...feel free to chime in Axis ;)
Great advice...

MaximumSecurity

Awards
So I take it all this whoopla about Furazadrols positive effect on cholesterol levels was just smoke and mirrors?

Perhaps the lowering of levels refered to HDL, and the ad simply, or more true to form, conveniently, forgot to mention that little detail.

We are being screwed with Axis.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I take it all this whoopla about Furazadrols positive effect on cholesterol levels was just smoke and mirrors?

Perhaps the lowering of levels refered to HDL and the ad simply, or more true to form, conveniently, forgot to mention that little detail.

We are being screwed with Axis.
No; I still have not found where Axis Labs has made the claim regarding cholesterol levels. The claims being talked about in my quote are directly referring to SFR's Furaguno, which is supposed to be the same compound as Axis' Furazadrol.

Here is another part of the Bill Llewellyn article, which I didn't add earlier, because it didn't directly apply then:

A comparison between the two drugs(FurazaBOL and Furaguno) on this level seems reasonable. But Furaguno is also being widely compared to furazabol in another very important, and possibly dangerous, regard. It is being said that like furazabol, this new designer steroid lowers cholesterol and improves cardiovascular disease risk. An exact quote taken from product marketing is as follows, “FURAGUNO may be helpful in reducing cholesterol levels and could possibly play a preventive role with certain cardiovascular issues”. It is very important to make sure you know that this is actually not true. I am not necessarily going to fault the manufacturer for stating this. I can see where the information is coming from. It is based on a popular misconception about furazabol lowering cholesterol. And if furaguno is structurally similar to furazabol, it too must lower cholesterol, no?
I'm not trying to insinuate anything or start any kind of trouble with Axis or SFR, as it does not effect me either way. I was just trying to point out the viewpoint of WL's which I had come across recently, and dealt directly with the OT.

EDIT: None of the above information I posted was in regard to Axis Labs. It was purely information regarding the compound in general, not anything that Axis may or may not have claimed. I still have not seen them make a claim regarding cholesterol, but I have seen it in SFR's write-up, which is what Llewellyn was referring to.

Last edited:

MaximumSecurity

Awards
rpen22,

Whether you borrow a misconception or invent one, a lie is still a lie. If Axis Labs can't back their claim regardless of their orgin what good is their credibility?

To make my point a bit clearer, here is a response from one of their reps:
Originally Posted by MaximumSecurity
I understand furazadrol will not negatively effect lipid profile. If this indeed is the case and the product actually helps build lean mass then this is definately the choice of orals.
Rampage Jackson states:
This is why we're excited about it! It should prove to be an Uberstacker. I plan on running a high-dose solo run fairly soon.
end quote.

See what i mean?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
rpen22,

Whether you borrow a misconception or invent one, a lie is still a lie. If Axis Labs can't back their claim regardless of their orgin what good is their credibility?

To make my point a bit clearer, here is a response from one of their reps:
Originally Posted by MaximumSecurity
I understand furazadrol will not negatively effect lipid profile. If this indeed is the case and the product actually helps build lean mass then this is definately the choice of orals.
Rampage Jackson states:
This is why we're excited about it! It should prove to be an Uberstacker. I plan on running a high-dose solo run fairly soon.
end quote.

See what i mean?
I think you took my quote out of context. I was referring to it being able to build lean mass, suppressing SHBG, and its relative nature of it being easy on the liver, thus making it an ideal stacker. I apologize if you feel mislead, but I don't recall anyone from Axis (correct me if I'm wrong) saying that this product will have positive effects on lipids. Keep in mind this is still a steroid. All steroids and prohormones carry some sort of inherent risks. That may sound like a cop-out, but it's the truth.

Furthermore, we don't engage in shady marketing practices. Aside from one quote taken out of context, we have made no claims (to my knowledge) one way or another about it's effects on cholesterol. Again, I'm sorry if you feel deceived in any way, as that was not my (or anyone else's) intention.

MaximumSecurity

Awards
Rampage,

How is this taken out of context? I post a statement making two points: Positive lipid profile and adding lean mass.

The next post which you address to me is where you state 'that is why we are so excited about it.' See for yourself on the "Furazodrol!!!" thread pg. 2.

Was I supposed to guess correctly as to what point of the two which you were so excited about? Logically I should assume both. The conjunction 'and' joins two ideas of equal importance in the English language.

Whatever. I placed an order based on your misguided information. Will I be able to send the product back to the company for a full refund?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Rampage,

How is this taken out of context? I post a statement making two points: Positive lipid profile and adding lean mass.

The next post which you address to me is where you state 'that is why we are so excited about it.' See for yourself on the "Furazodrol!!!" thread pg. 2.

Was I supposed to guess correctly as to what point of the two which you were so excited about? Logically I should assume both. The conjunction 'and' joins two ideas of equal importance in the English language.

Whatever. I placed an order based on your misguided information. Will I be able to send the product back to the company for a full refund?
Of course you will be able to get a refund. The last thing we want is a dissatisfied customer. The customer is always right ;)

MaximumSecurity

Awards
How does that work?

Just return the package or does one need to call the company?

Pay on the first statement and credited back on the next statement?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
How does that work?

Just return the package or does one need to call the company?

Pay on the first statement and credited back on the next statement?
Hey man, if you wanna mail your request to [email protected], she will get you all fixed up. Again, sorry for the mix up. Take Care.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
E-MAIL me at [email protected] .

Explain the problem to me aswell, and I can get you all hooked up. Tell me where you bought it, and the problem. I will be happy to assist you to the best my ability.

MaximumSecurity

Awards
Thanks guys, but I e-mailed Andrea and she told me that since i bought the product on line here at anabolic minds that I need to take this up with them (was not purchased from Axis labs direct)

It appears Nutraplanet is the company involved with this process. It is up to then to decide if a refund is in order. Anyone familiar with their policy?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, but I e-mailed Andrea and she told me that since i bought the product on line here at anabolic minds that I need to take this up with them (was not purchased from Axis labs direct)

It appears Nutraplanet is the company involved with this process. It is up to then to decide if a refund is in order. Anyone familiar with their policy?
I am glad she got in touch with you. Feel free to e-mail me or private message me any other questions or problems that you may have.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

aleemdj2005

Axis Labs Rep
Awards

I'm not sure exactly on their refund policy, however NutraPlanet has excellent customer service so give them a ring or shoot them an email and I'm sure they'll do their best to take care of you :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Azov Cycle Logs 1
Anabolics 8
Anabolics 1
ironguru Anabolics 7
ironguru Supplement Logs 4