Napalm and tattoos

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn, that's a good question.

I wouldn't think so, but I can't say with 100% certainty...

bman

Awards
I was thinking it may fade them or worse take the ink into the blood stream. Depends how deep it penetrates the skin.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fading is a possibility, the ink into the bloodstream much less of one since Napalm uses a localized carrier, but again, hard to say with any kind of certainty.

Is this a tattoo on your abs?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How new is the tattoo?

bman

Awards
The ab tattoo is over a year old. I may get another one from my rib cage down to love handle/hip area.

My concern came about when I heard a new topical product to remove tattoos with out laser. (Hoax or scam aside) They must be using an topical agent that penetrates the skin with other chemicals to fade it.

Just got me thinking.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Very tough one to answer.

My gut says it won't be a problem, based on the resiliency of the fibroblasts and their stubbornness to give up the pigment. Because things like this have never been tested with an specificity, I cannot assure anything however.

You could perform a test by applying a dab onto an isolated portion of a less-viable tattoo for a few weeks, but this is a pretty extreme measure of caution imo.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i've been applying naplam to my ribcage which is tatted and haven't noticed anything. It's been 2 weeks so far.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
i've been applying naplam to my ribcage which is tatted and haven't noticed anything. It's been 2 weeks so far.
Word, thanks for the feedback joey.

Anyone else applying Napalm over ink willing to share their experiences?

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
I've applied it over tattoos as well. I haven't experienced any fading of pigment or anything. I'd say you're safe.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gave a friend of mine a bottle of Napalm as a favor and he's been applying it on his abs(tattooed) for almost 3 weeks now with no issues.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Excellent feedback, keep it coming if you've applied on tats with no issues.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Glad this was brought up as I'm on the verge of trying it and have to admit I would WAY rather go at it the old fashioned way the mess up my rib peices LOL. Really cool feedback on napalm so far btw guys. I have been follwing avantlabs for a long time now and you guys always come out with interesting and pretty damn effective products.