Chemically Correct: Modafinil

Pound4Pound

Pound4Pound

Awards
This article will discuss in two parts the pharmacology and mechanism of action of modafinil, followed by a third section on Therapeutic Use. Modafinil is a unique psychostimulant drug that acts stereotypically through dopaminergic and adrenergic neurons, but also acts selectively on regions of the brain involved in the regulation of wakefulness and arousal. The stimulation of hypothalamic histamine levels and interaction with orexin receptors in promoting wakefulness render modafinil a relatively unique drug in its class – stimulating research efforts into understanding how modafinil works on a biochemical and neurological level.

Chemically Correct: Modafinil Part II - Pharmacology

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
This article will discuss in two parts the pharmacology and mechanism of action of modafinil, followed by a third section on Therapeutic Use. Modafinil is a unique psychostimulant drug that acts stereotypically through dopaminergic and adrenergic neurons, but also acts selectively on regions of the brain involved in the regulation of wakefulness and arousal. The stimulation of hypothalamic histamine levels and interaction with orexin receptors in promoting wakefulness render modafinil a relatively unique drug in its class – stimulating research efforts into understanding how modafinil works on a biochemical and neurological level.

Why is this in the Avant Labs forum? Are they coming out with a product similar to modafinil/adrafinil? I think it's a lame compound for attention, but maybe it's better for narcoleptics.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why is this in the Avant Labs forum? Are they coming out with a product similar to modafinil/adrafinil? I think it's a lame compound for attention, but maybe it's better for narcoleptics.
Avant Labs started Mind and Muscle magazine, and is based on thorough scientific inquiry (hence the extremely high quality of their supplements) and hypothetical discussion/analysis of mechanism.

It makes sense to link from this subforum.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Avant Labs started Mind and Muscle magazine, and is based on thorough scientific inquiry (hence the extremely high quality of their supplements) and hypothetical discussion/analysis of mechanism.

Ahhh... I see. Cool beans.

Yeah, also just because I'm not much of a fan of modafinil (Provigil) doesn't mean it's not a good compound... I used it for purposes that are still being researched (amphetamine/methamphetamine withdrawal).

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Word.

P4P is like the M&M rep and posts links to the new articles here and on BB.com, I believe; maybe others as well.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I miss the old avant board. I think it would be hard to find such a small group anywhere with as many IQ points.

Pound4Pound

Pound4Pound

Awards
Word.

P4P is like the M&M rep and posts links to the new articles here and on BB.com, I believe; maybe others as well.
Yup, there are a couple others as well.