Major flaking problem applying napalm with clen

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I added aaprox 30ml of 200mcg/ml clen w. grape flavor to a full bottle of napalm. I draw 4ml out of a container I have it in then apply it. So far 2 out of my 5 applications have left me with flaking or clumping off of a clear skin like substance. My skin is not dry or flaky after the napalm so i doubt it is skin and that was more to give an example of the texture. Really it seems like the more i rub the more comes off but it only happened a few times of the 5 so far that i have used the napalm... Does anyone know what this could be from? I just don't think its skin because I show no other signs of dry skin or irritation.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recommend exfoliating the area well in the shower before applying. The carbomer used in Napalm to thicken it seems to love to combine with any dead skin to form those flakes you are describing.

It won't hamper effectiveness at all, just makes a mess.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ha the mess be damned I was worried about losing the napalm...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Agree with Dsade. I exfoliated in my AM shower and had no issues with flaky skin aroun the Napalm/clen application.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used a rather harsh exfoliating pad till my skin felt semi-raw and still got the flaking effect bad... I'm not sure what is wrong with me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used a rather harsh exfoliating pad till my skin felt semi-raw and still got the flaking effect bad... I'm not sure what is wrong with me.
Shake the napalm VERY well.

Sometimes the carbomer can "crash" out somewhat. Shaking will re-gel it.

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
I've always wondered what that was! I've wondered the same damn thing. I don't always shake my Napalm before applying, which I definitely should. Every so often, I'd end up applying it and get a gel-like substance crumbling all over the application area. I assumed it was dead skin or something, but it was more annoying than anything else.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And the winner of the greatest username ever goes to... ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A loofa is a prerequisite IMHO.

Where the hell are the AL/AR loofas?

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
I just started using (straight, no additions) napalm and am also getting the the clumping up kinda thing when I apply it. Is it better to rub it over and leaver it, or rub in a few times? I will try exfoliate tonight and shake the bottle in future.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I just started using (straight, no additions) napalm and am also getting the the clumping up kinda thing when I apply it. Is it better to rub it over and leaver it, or rub in a few times? I will try exfoliate tonight and shake the bottle in future.
You should be able to rub it on without a waiting period. Be diligent and thorough with the pre-application cleansing and you'll find this problem diminished.

Also, it should be noted that the flaking/carbomer accumulation doesn't reduce the effectiveness of the product.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
So far I've found the best way is to try and swipe the gel across the skin with as few rubs as possible, and let it absorb. If i go over the area too many times, it gums up.