New article on post-exercise fat utilization & GH

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Right away when I read that I thought of a lot of the ideas behind AD

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
Well, that would explain why High Intensity Training, ala Arthur Jones and Ellington Darden works so well.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Did you read the article?:blink:
Lol Rodja don't you know by now that nearly every post on this board supports the idea that "High Intensity Training, ala Arthur Jones and Ellington Darden works so well", directly or indirectly...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I did read the article.

What is your point?
It has nothing to do with HIT-style of training. Technically speaking, all weight lifting is a form of interval training, but cardio is a different story. HIIT-style cardio not only increases GH levels, but it also has a much more prominent effect on EPOC levels as well, which is another reason for it's effectiveness for fat loss. With steady-state cardio, EPOC is elevated, but nearly as much with HIIT cardio.

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
I know that the article wasn't specifically about HIT lifting, but thanks for pointing that out.

I was referring to the fact that HIT IS more intense than your standard volume routine, and there is basically zero rest in between exercises.

My point was simply that the article would seem to provide some scientific backing to the HIT approach, where many would have previously said that there wasn't one.