SesaThin speculation

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have wondered why there is such a difference in efficacy between SesaThin and other sesamin products. Is it because there is slightly more active in SesaThin, the source is purer, or something else? Does the softgel have anything to do with the results of the product?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think it's most likely because of the form (liquid). For whatever reason, it just seems to be more effective as a liquid. It may be due to better absorption, I dunno.

Is there more sesamin in a serving of SesaThin compared to the competition? I honestly haven't checked.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the softgel may be the reason for the better results? I think the Avant version has 600mg per serving and others are 500mg. I know that there were some batches from Scivation that were tested and had over 600mg, but theirs is listed at 500mg.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Many have claimed that Avant SesaThin is more potent. From better results to better bloodwork.

I think people just believe in the Avant name....like me *cough*

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So the softgel may be the reason for the better results?
Yeah, that's my take on it. Sesamin is just better as a liquid vs. a cap or softgel, hence the better feedback on SesaThin vs. the competition.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and what pisses me off is that people will use some other sesamin product, claim that "sesamin doesn't work", and write off ALL sesamin products as "ineffective".

Obviously, quite unfair to SesaThin, which has great feedback from the vast majority of people who have used it.

Trust the original!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Relax, I'll put my wife on it and see what happens. Nothing happened with Sci Sesamin.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am relaxed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I think it's most likely because of the form (liquid). For whatever reason, it just seems to be more effective as a liquid. It may be due to better absorption, I dunno.
Maybe it has something to do with the heat used in the process of manufacturing softgels... I remember hearing something about Sesathin being heat-sensitive.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good point. That very well could be a part of it.

raptor2003

Awards
Maybe it has something to do with the heat used in the process of manufacturing softgels... I remember hearing something about Sesathin being heat-sensitive.
ummm now I wonder if sesalean would be useful in cooking or not, if sesamin is heat sensitive..:blink:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm sure it's a question of temperature- go beyond a certain point and sesamin starts to break down. That's probably why Par says no deep frying with SesaLean.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I bought some bulk seasmin from bulk nutition because it was only 24 dollars for 8 oz.

How does sesathin compare?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How many servings and how many mg. of sesamin per serving?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that good?
It is economical, but I am skeptical about the efficacy of BN's liquid. I would suggest that you run it at a slightly higher dose (4 servings instead of 3). Do they have a CoA on their sight for their version?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know how many milligrams of sesamin are in a serving of SesaThin? The serving sizes are the same (1.25 ml), but I know SesaThin also contains vegetable oil and it doesn't list a mg quantity of sesamin.

There is no CofA shown on the BN website for the bulk sesamin. Take CofAs with a grain of salt anyway, since they are provided by the manufacturer and thus are not independent. I've encountered a few CofAs that were totally bogus when I had the material analyzed by an independent lab. (That said, having a CofA is definitely better than not having one.)

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I hate to say it because I always support avant and will continue to do so, but I think bn's is legit. I have a bottle of both and they have the same taste texture, smell, and look. Also I get the same effects when I dose it higher 2x normal, i.e. slight lethargy, increased clarity in skin. I'll continue to buy avant just because I support innovation but I'll also be keeping BN's because i do like to dose it higher then normal.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
anybody know what 1.25ml breaks down to with a spoon? 1/4 tbl spoon? etc

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanx

i looked like a tool to a few friends and fam because i pushed the gel caps on them and they didnt work.
No comparison, IMO

Reggin

Awards
No other Sesamin product has worked for me other than AL. Probably has to do with the episesamin content in AL's product.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm so glad to see the distinction in terms of effectiveness of SesaThin versus the competition here on this board compared to other boards.

On another big board, it's "Sesamin doesn't werk!!!111 LOLRZ!!11"

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im interested too see if bn's product works. I wont find out myself because i buy from nutra planet so i will only buy avant but im curious too see if they got their liquid right

solid711

Awards
So for dosing Sesamin Liquid, it is reccommended to go with 1.25 ml 3 times per day with a meal? I am 5'9" and 175 lbs (waist 33 3/8....did not take bodyfat %)....is this 3x/day ample for me to shred the abs?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So for dosing Sesamin Liquid, it is reccommended to go with 1.25 ml 3 times per day with a meal? I am 5'9" and 175 lbs (waist 33 3/8....did not take bodyfat %)....is this 3x/day ample for me to shred the abs?
That is the dose to start at, but take each dose w/ ~10g of fat for absorption.

solid711

Awards
OK....
It will be odd measuring out the 1/4 tsp dose...don't want to take too much per serving !
Also taking EFA (Cod Liver Oil)....can I take at the same time?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK....
It will be odd measuring out the 1/4 tsp dose...don't want to take too much per serving !
Also taking EFA (Cod Liver Oil)....can I take at the same time?
It is fine to combine the two and try to get an oral syringe for dosing, it makes it much easier.

solid711

Awards
Thanks....Does the Sesathin liquid come with a "dropper" to measure the dosages? Is it built into the cap on the bottle?

Bro...can this stuff shred your abs (with proper diet)?

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Where are you guys buying your SeasaThin?

NP shows "Product Not Available"

They do have SesaLean Oil in stock...

Are you guys just using SesaLean Oil?

And is it ok to take SesaLean Oil w/ an AP + DCP stack?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, they're definitely not talking about using SesaLean, they're talking about SesaThin.

But definitely use SeseLean as a cooking oil.

NP might just be out at the moment, but another board sponsor that carries it is bestpricenutrition.com.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
And is it ok to take SesaLean Oil w/ an AP + DCP stack?
Definitely cool to stack, even though I think you meant SesaThin, but they can be used interchangeably (in this case).

It's makes me tear up how UNDER-utilized SesaLean is among the general population. I go through it like bottled water.