Sesathin knockoffs

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
OK, I've been out of the loop for a while, so this may seem like a dumass question. Now before I ask, let me just say that I have taken a look at the other sesamin supps and they just don't seem to hold up quality wise. I have already decided to wait patiently for Avants caps to become available. They'll be for my lady, as I really don't need them that bad. After all, I am Lean One you know...;)

Anyway, What is the deal with these other products out there. Are they of the same quality as the origional? Just curious.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How do you form an opinion that they "don't hold quality wise" compared to Avant when you are asking if they ARE the same quality?

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
How do you form an opinion that they "don't hold quality wise" compared to Avant when you are asking if they ARE the same quality?
What I meant by that was that the labels I looked at are somewhat foggy as to the active lingand content. also, some have tiny amounts of other stuff thrown into a proprietary formula so one is left to guess

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they're the same quality as our's.

However, there is something to be said for supporting innovation, even if it comes at a slightly higher price for the consumer. If you don't support innovation, then the next big thing supplements will be few and far between.

Just something to think about.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the timely answers fellas.

V

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
For me personally and a few others the liquid works better than the capsules.

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd but Avant all the time if the caps were always availible. I'd pay 5-10$ more to support Avant, but it seems like half the time I can't find your products at the online retailers.

J

jkeithc82

Awards
However, there is something to be said for supporting innovation, even if it comes at a slightly higher price for the consumer. If you don't support innovation, then the next big thing supplements will be few and far between.
So that means everyone is still using EAS creatine right??? :D

Both Sesathin and Sesamin are solid products.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to hear the retort to that statement :)

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"SesaThin capsules- when you don't want people to think you're on 'roids!"

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Curious, anyone here used it with Trimax? How'd it go? My assumption is very well, but I'd like to hear some feedback. My girl is starting Trimax now.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup. Knocked an extra .5"-1" off my belly compared to a cut same time the year before. There were other variables, non-supplemental, of course, but it seamed to contribute quite significantly. Just ordered 3 bottles from Islands Supplements...the cut starts tomorrow.

M

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
with trimax, nothing has worked better. those two with each other are like pease and carrots... i do miss trimax :-(

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
funny, I have had the same experience, even when maga dosing the caps. If only there were still the oral syringe....:rant:

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What about Dicana? Adequate replacement for Trimax?

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd but Avant all the time if the caps were always availible. I'd pay 5-10$ more to support Avant, but it seems like half the time I can't find your products at the online retailers.
Yeah, sorry about that. Trying to keep up with demand and manufacturer delays is tough.

Still, those aren't excuses and we'll work harder to do what is necessary to keep customers happy.

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That must be new. I'll have to take a look at that one.

BTW, fellas, that's the great thing about SesaThin: it stacks well with just about everything.

SesaThin + high-dose fish oil + Thyroid thermogenic of some sort = oh Lawd have mercy!

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any ideas on why this would be? Is this a difference in perceived effect between Avant liquid versus caps or Avant liquid versus other people's capsules?

C

Carb

Awards
How come the caps are the same price as the liquid (@ Nutraplanet for example)?

Especially given that the liquid doesn't come with the oral syringe anymore (to cut down on costs I'm guessing)?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a cop-out response and you know it.
Oh chill out... You dont get up in arms when DS reps steps all over other board sponsers forums. Plus... shouldnt it apply there also???

And BTW... I have always supported AL in all their innovations, back in the days of One, and up to today with their whole line (Aside from SuperCarb, and this is only because lack of funds)

Adams

T

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not sure, what you are referring to. I am plenty "chill." I think perhaps you didn't understand my response. Firstly, it was not intended to be hostile. Secondly, I was not giving him a hard time for posting in the AL subforum. Thirdly, I was giving him a hard time about his retort to the stomping all over innovation comment.

T

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what does "cop-out" mean? [Web Answer]
1. evasion of responsibility: a feeble avoidance of a responsibility or commitment ... 2. excuse for not taking action: a feebly transparent excuse or explanation...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simma down...deep breath...no need for ANOTHER business philosphy debate...unless you put it in the politics section :D

V

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Do you have any ideas on why this would be? Is this a difference in perceived effect between Avant liquid versus caps or Avant liquid versus other people's capsules?
Two possible reasons that I can think of, this is pure speculation ofcourse. The liquid comes in oil, sesathin needs to be taken with food preferably fat for it to do any good. This is ready made in the liquid verion. Reason two, perhaps if its already disolved in the oil lymphatic absorption is increased. Again, i can't back this up with facts. I just know that for me and some others we have notice better results with the liquid. Frankly, I wish it wasn't this way as I'm not a fan of oil shots, but what ever gets the job done I suppose is best.

J

jkeithc82

Awards
Oh chill out... You dont get up in arms when DS reps steps all over other board sponsers forums. Plus... shouldnt it apply there also???

And BTW... I have always supported AL in all their innovations, back in the days of One, and up to today with their whole line (Aside from SuperCarb, and this is only because lack of funds)

Adams
LOL TP is good people.

Besides, Robboe comes in the Scivation forum all the time. DS is always invited. :D

T

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
See. And I have always respected Jkeith. And he knows it was a cop-out response. ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, fellas, that's the great thing about SesaThin: it stacks well with just about everything.

SesaThin + high-dose fish oil + Thyroid thermogenic of some sort = oh Lawd have mercy!
Let us not forget the nicotine and E/C. Sesathin is well worth it, and the synergistics of stacking like mantioned compliments all components very very nicely. Some things just go better with a Coke.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure, what you are referring to. I am plenty "chill." I think perhaps you didn't understand my response. Firstly, it was not intended to be hostile. Secondly, I was not giving him a hard time for posting in the AL subforum. Thirdly, I was giving him a hard time about his retort to the stomping all over innovation comment.
You are completely right that I did miss read it... And I didnt mean to come off as I believe I did. I thought you were being pissy, so I just through out a chill. Though he does make a good point on the creatine. I am all for who ever finds a compound to be the only ones to have it... and I also do believe in free market, so prices dont kill us small time folks. Guess its a double edge sword.

Adams

T

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are completely right that I did miss read it... And I didnt mean to come off as I believe I did. I thought you were being pissy, so I just through out a chill. Though he does make a good point on the creatine. I am all for who ever finds a compound to be the only ones to have it... and I also do believe in free market, so prices dont kill us small time folks. Guess its a double edge sword.

Adams
Then we are in agreement.

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How come the caps are the same price as the liquid (@ Nutraplanet for example)?

Especially given that the liquid doesn't come with the oral syringe anymore (to cut down on costs I'm guessing)?
Because charging those prices are likely their profit maximization point (marginal revenue = marginal cost) for both products. In other words, they make the most money by charging the prices that they do.

But keep in mind that it's a dynamic process. A change in supply or demand would change the profit maximization point.

And yeah, syringe was dropped because it added unnecessary direct materials cost to production.

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let us not forget the nicotine and E/C. Sesathin is well worth it, and the synergistics of stacking like mantioned compliments all components very very nicely. Some things just go better with a Coke.
Definitely.

C

Carb

Awards
Because charging those prices are likely their profit maximization point (marginal revenue = marginal cost) for both products. In other words, they make the most money by charging the prices that they do.
OK, but I would imagine that the additional cost of capping the raw powder is significantly more than emulsifyingthe powder in bulk with lecithin and water?

I would continue to purchase the liquid but when even Scivation's caps are a full $5 cheaper it makes the decision to support innovation slightly harder.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would continue to purchase the liquid but when even Scivation's caps are a full $5 cheaper it makes the decision to support innovation slightly harder.
Really $5. I'm guessing you may have missed the 'period of greatest innovations' of the not to distant past. Things like Lipo-Y, FL7, AB-Solved, Lipo-Ultra, IN-Rage, Leptigen just to name a few. Having been in on ground level alpha and beta sampling/testing of products like these is well worth my residual $5 premium to continue to support them. JMO.

C

Carb

Awards
Really $5. I'm guessing you may have missed the 'period of greatest innovations' of the not to distant past.
Thanks for the condescending tangential reply. I'll email you my Paypal address for your monthly donation of $5 then :thumbsup:

My point is that I would gladly buy the liquid if it was transparent why it costs the same as the caps.

J

jkeithc82

Awards
Innovation is great. I still regularly use Weider's Weight Gainer to this date. :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the condescending tangential reply. I'll email you my Paypal address for your monthly donation of $5 then :thumbsup:

My point is that I would gladly buy the liquid if it was transparent why it costs the same as the caps.
You read into it too much if you interpreted that as a 'condescending tangential' reply. I guess I have a different relationship with them than you do. You are entitled to be a critical consumer if you must.

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK, but I would imagine that the additional cost of capping the raw powder is significantly more than emulsifyingthe powder in bulk with lecithin and water?

I must point out, though, that the retailer is the end of the supply chain. They have control over final pricing, not us. Nutraplanet's pricing is reflective of their company's goals, and as a I said, most likely represents their profit maximization points.

I was not aware that Scivation made any caps. I thought they only produced the liquid?

S

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. I never knew that. Or maybe I did and then I forgot. Heh.

Yeah, we're going to softgels soon.