SuperCarb!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SuperCarb™ is Avant Labs’ semi-miraculous new carbohydrate product, which has a metabolic profile and a myriad of applications which are sure to quickly make it a permanent part of your bodybuilding or athletic life.- Par

SuperCarb™ has got a ton of potential. Y'all need to check it out in the new issue of Mind and Muscle Magazine:

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Does this have any fiber, or is it just low GI?

Bigfishy

Awards
Sold. Can't wait this a try this on my training/lifting/cardio days.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does this have any fiber, or is it just low GI?
It's a very low GI sweetener and carbohydrate at 4 calories per gram. No fiber.

It's pretty money because you can add it to protein shakes, bake with it (I can't wait to try SuperCarb™ cookies!!), or any other substitute for sugar.

And because of its metabolic profile, it provides great benefits for people bulking or dieting, but Par goes into all of that in the article.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Pimp it brotha!

Any way of telling us what the actual ingredients are?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All I can tell you is that it is, in fact, a sugar. In fact, it is from sugar cane. We won't reveal the actual name of the ingredient to protect innovation (ala Ergopharm and Geranamine).

But obviously, it's much more badass than regular sugars!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It's a very low GI sweetener and carbohydrate at 4 calories per gram. No fiber.

It's pretty money because you can add it to protein shakes, bake with it (I can't wait to try SuperCarb™ cookies!!), or any other substitute for sugar.

And because of its metabolic profile, it provides great benefits for people bulking or dieting, but Par goes into all of that in the article.
Oatmeal cookies w/SuperCarb....MMMMMMMM!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Oh you say the sweetest things. *rim shot*

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal cookies w/SuperCarb....MMMMMMMM!
Just think:

salad and main course cooked with the help of SesaLean, and dessert courtesy of SuperCarb cookies/brownies/whatever!

Pure damn money.

In fact, I predict that the Federal Reserve will begin introducing SuperCarb as part of M1 currency (cash assets/reserves and demand deposits).

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Pimp it brotha!

Any way of telling us what the actual ingredients are?

We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you and you seem like a nice guy so we'd rather not.

Side note: I've just been reassigned to rep over here at AM as well how do I get the board sponsor username color etc.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just think:

salad and main course cooked with the help of SesaLean, and dessert courtesy of SuperCarb cookies/brownies/whatever!
Actually, now that I think about it, I think a recipe book of some sort for SesaLean and SuperCarb is being worked on.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, now that I think about it, I think a recipe book of some sort for SesaLean and SuperCarb is being worked on.
That would bring in the money left n right. I honestly would have to buy this myself. Im thinkin about givin Supercarb a try, i trust avant so its not that i just dont see how a Sugar could be low GI. But hey if it works i aint arguin!

Cosmo

Awards
Does it really taste like sugar? or does it taste like sugar like Sweet & Low or sucralose does? Either way i'll still live off of it. :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now son of a bitch... I LOVE WHEN AVANT release new ****!!!!!

Adams

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That would bring in the money left n right. I honestly would have to buy this myself. Im thinkin about givin Supercarb a try, i trust avant so its not that i just dont see how a Sugar could be low GI. But hey if it works i aint arguin!
Actually, I'm not sure it's going to be a "book", per se, just a collection of recipes that we put together for y'all to enjoy. I don't think it will cost anything, but I suppose that could possibly change.

I'm glad you trust us. We wouldn't steer you wrong. We live up to what we say.

Does it really taste like sugar? or does it taste like sugar like Sweet & Low or sucralose does? Either way i'll still live off of it.
It's about half as sweet as sucrose, so depending on how sweet you like your food, you can adjust the dose or maybe add some Splenda.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Does it really taste like sugar? or does it taste like sugar like Sweet & Low or sucralose does? Either way i'll still live off of it. :)

I actually just got a kilo from par this weekend. It looks and feels just like sugar but it is only mildly sweet. I don't think I would trade it over directly over for sugar in a recipe without adding a bit of stevia or other sweetener.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I got mine today.

It's definitely not overpowering, but it does have a nice, mild sweetness to it. I'd say Splenda is only slightly more sweet, by comparison. For those who want a more sweet taste, I bet it would mix quite well with Splenda.

Looks just like table sugar, as far as looks go, and has about the same texture, too.

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ordered me 2.2lbs figured I would try it out before I ordered a bunch, Just what I was looking for to mix with my optimum 100% whey tropical punch

Yeah, I got mine today.

It's definitely not overpowering, but it does have a nice, mild sweetness to it. I'd say Splenda is only slightly more sweet, by comparison. For those who want a more sweet taste, I bet it would mix quite well with Splenda.

Looks just like table sugar, as far as looks go, and has about the same texture, too.
Interesting and interested in the product. Would be interesting to those interested to run a blood sugar test with supercarb.

Avant at it again! Good Job!
ceosm

wantstobeinshap

wantstobeinshap

Awards
yeah, a book of recipes would be on point...brownies, cookies, everything...gimme!

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
All I can tell you is that it is, in fact, a sugar. In fact, it is from sugar cane. We won't reveal the actual name of the ingredient to protect innovation (ala Ergopharm and Geranamine).
Although the fact that it is a sugar might lead the FDA to classify it as a food, rather than a supplement (that is, if they were to find out about it and care enough to bother). I would imagine that this would require disclosure of the exact compound.

I may be wrong, as federal regulatory law is not one of specialties.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
does it contain gluten, peanuts, soy, eggs or lactose? I'm asking because of food alergies.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
You guys ever considering pitching this to Publix (or any other supermarket)?

I'll be picking up some soon.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
You guys ever considering pitching this to Publix (or any other supermarket)?

I'll be picking up some soon.

we are currently looking at possible out-licensing opportunities.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Those that have ordered, how do you like it so far?

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty good. Exactly like sugar in terms of consistency, but you need quite a bit to get a nice sweet taste. I've only just spooned some in my mouth so far. Tonight I'm mixing it up in my prework out shake so we'll see how that pans out, I'll update in a sec. Overall the similarity to sugar is unreal, it seems to be a great prodcut. Much much more sugar like and tasting than Splenda. Might have hit one out of the park with this one!

Bigfishy

Awards
I think as a sweetener it is almost useless. In my opinion it just isn't sweet enough. On the other hand I have been substituting it in as my pre-workout carb and have been absolutly loving it. I just feel as if I got a little extra in the tank thoughout my whole workout. And I've also noticed that I no longer feel totally wiped after a long workout. I am going to use it for another week or so and then try switching back to my previous carb mix to compare... but it feels good thus far. Will most likely be my new staple carb... hope the price comes down.

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like it so far great product, I have been adding some to my shakes. Although the other night I added three tablespoons with optimum 100% whey 3 scoop chocalate shake with skim milk and it made it a little too sweet, for my taste. 2 tablespoons is about perfect, for me. definately will be ordering more when time comes.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd like to start using this to up my carb intake. I'm just concerned it will make my shakes taste to sweet. If I wanted to add say 20g's of carbs to my shakes would it make the shake to sweet? Also do you know approximatley what the GI of super carb is? Like is it similar to oatmeal?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Those that have ordered, how do you like it so far?
Nice product, although the people cleaning my house probably didnt like to see me take 2 ziploc bags of white powder out of the box.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to start using this to up my carb intake. I'm just concerned it will make my shakes taste to sweet. If I wanted to add say 20g's of carbs to my shakes would it make the shake to sweet? Also do you know approximatley what the GI of super carb is? Like is it similar to oatmeal?
With 20 grams of SuperCarb, that would be close to perfect for me to sweeten food up, whereas Bigfishy, as noted above, isn't a big fan of it as a sweetener. This just goes to show how different people can be.

With the idea of individual differences in mind, the best thing I can tell you to do is just try it out in different amounts for yourself. If it's not as sweet as you would like, you can add Splenda or what have you. If it's a little too sweet, you might lower the dose and take in smaller quantities at a time.

I believe the GI is around 20.

Bigfishy

Awards
absolutly, i just picked up some splenda and added a touch to my morning coffee/SC, worked out perfectly.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
when will this jazz be for sale elsewhere?
Curious about this as well.

Also, is there any way to lower the shipping rates to California? Currently, if I were to order SuperCarb, I would need to pay $15.75 for shipping for the 6.6lb SuperCarb tub which is more than half the price of SuperCarb itself.

TIA

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I gotta say I ahve used Super Carb in my protein shake in a pinch a few times already as a pre workout drink and it has been great. Used a total of 3 Tbls and I was very very impressed. This stuff is exactly like sugar in terms of consistency and I'd say about 1/3 the sweetness. So for me its takes about 3 Tbls to equal 1Tbls of Sugar. I can't wait to cook with it and I'll be a life long buyer of this product for sure, great job Avant!

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
when will this jazz be for sale elsewhere?

Right now its a beta so its only available direct from us, but I'll check to give you guys an ETA.

Bear: did you select the cheapest shipping format?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Anyone hit the BG meter after ingesting this yet?

sean_25

Awards
maybe i missed this...could someone tell me how much is in the 6 pounder? like how many servings at how many g's? 1 Tablespoon = ??? 4 cals = 1 gram carbs or product?

i just wanna know how long this tub'll last me. i ain't good wiff numbaz. :D

would i have the same effect with this as I do with dextrose in my pre/during w/o shake mixed with BCAA's?

Reggin

Awards
It's just math.

1 pound = 454 grams
6 pounds = 2,724 grams (2.724 kilos)

Assuming 20 gram serving size (I'm not sure if there is a "standard" dosage):
2,724/20 = 136.2 servings

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yep, the cheapest shipping method is $15.75 for me.
If you can't wait the month or so til the retailers have it, your best bet is to buy a 1 kilo size to hold you over til the final product is released.

skumster225

Board Supporter
Awards
my roommate has celiac disease and is allergic to gluten.. Would he be able to use Super Carb?

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
my roommate has celiac disease and is allergic to gluten.. Would he be able to use Super Carb?
I'm unfamailiar with celiac disease. But gluten allergy won't be a problem since it's not a wheat product. If he can have sugar or brown sugar he should be fine.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This a great product, as I stated before. What I like about it is I dont hardly get any dips in my energy level throught out the day. Believe it or not if I use it anywhere from 45-1hr before my workout, I have more in the tank at the end.