Questions about Napalm and redness / Napalm and sun sensitivity + sunscreen

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Today is my 19th day of using Napalm. I've been applying one pump to my abs in the AM and one pump in the PM.

Soon after starting I noticed that after applying Napalm I could see red lines between my abs where the skin folds when I sit. The lines used to disappear after a while and all was OK. However, the past few days the lines turn brighter red after Napalm application and then fade but they don't totally fade away. Even 12 hours after the application I can still see these red lines.

Is this normal? I've got a lot of Napalm left and don't want the situation with these lines to get any worse. It almost looks like I've got a big scar across my stomach from some kind of surgery. I don't apply any other product to my stomach, exfoliate every day with a loofah and my stomach has had zero sun exposure.

My other question is what precautions are needed with respect to sun exposure. I'm going on vacation in a few days and will be in the sun a lot. Is that OK or should I stop the Napalm? When using sunscreen how long after applying Napalm should you wait to apply the sunscreen?

Thanks for your help.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
Have you seen any difference since using it? Are you on a caloric deficit? Cardio involved?

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Have you seen any difference since using it? Are you on a caloric deficit? Cardio involved?
No, I can't say I've noticed a difference other than the redness.

I am in a caloric deficit and doing cardio about 50% of days but not with the intensity I'd like due to a sciatica flare up.

My feeling though is that if a product like this works it should do so at maintenance calories and energy expenditure. If I'm in a caloric deficit and doing lots of cardio than the topical has nothing to do with the fat loss. Correlation does not prove causality.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Bump for answers to my questions about the redness and sun issues.

Any Avant reps out there?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There could be one of 2 issues:
1. Dryness in the area since it is warming up outside
2. Lessening of the density of adipocytes and bringing the muscle closer to the epidermis

If it's the 2nd issue, then it's a good thing because it means that you're losing fat in the desired area. Remember, water retention on Napalm (from the Y-HCl) is common and can skew the initial look. I, personally, would avoid excessive sun exposure while using Napalm to irritate the skin from sweating out the RKs and having UV on top of that. Like cap cream, the RKs can cause warmth/redness to the applied area.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
2. Lessening of the density of adipocytes and bringing the muscle closer to the epidermis

If it's the 2nd issue, then it's a good thing because it means that you're losing fat in the desired area. Remember, water retention on Napalm (from the Y-HCl) is common and can skew the initial look. I, personally, would avoid excessive sun exposure while using Napalm to irritate the skin from sweating out the RKs and having UV on top of that. Like cap cream, the RKs can cause warmth/redness to the applied area.
I am pretty sure it is neither of those things.

My skin is most definitely not dry, especially in my stomach area. The redness is definitely some kind of iritation. There are two lines where my skin folds and there is no other redness. This isn't muscle definition it's wrinkle definition. My feeling is that the Napalm is irritating my skin where it folds and rubs against itself. This is not a good thing as it was getting progressively worse.

When the red lines became to much to bear looking at I stopped using the Napalm (after 19 days) and the red lines are gone. And I'm not overweight, it's not like I've got major folds of flab between which Napalm is collecting, these are natural folds in my skin that probably exist in the leanest people when they are sitting.

I've got quite a bit of Napalm left but will probably try Dermatherm or some other topical product before going back to the Napalm. This was a very undesirable side effect for me. And to be honest, I'm a bit bothered that no Avant rep has answered my questions, even about the sunscreen. I can't think of another time that I asked a question in a company forum that wasn't responded to by a company rep.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pretty sure it is neither of those things.

My skin is most definitely not dry, especially in my stomach area. The redness is definitely some kind of iritation. There are two lines where my skin folds and there is no other redness. This isn't muscle definition it's wrinkle definition. My feeling is that the Napalm is irritating my skin where it folds and rubs against itself. This is not a good thing as it was getting progressively worse.

When the red lines became to much to bear looking at I stopped using the Napalm (after 19 days) and the red lines are gone. And I'm not overweight, it's not like I've got major folds of flab between which Napalm is collecting, these are natural folds in my skin that probably exist in the leanest people when they are sitting.

I've got quite a bit of Napalm left but will probably try Dermatherm or some other topical product before going back to the Napalm. This was a very undesirable side effect for me. And to be honest, I'm a bit bothered that no Avant rep has answered my questions, even about the sunscreen. I can't think of another time that I asked a question in a company forum that wasn't responded to by a company rep.
I know exactly what you're talking about and it is from the accumulation of the RKs. Applying lotion to the area helps to lessen this irritation (remember, that the RKs bring the bloodflow to the applied area).

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ive notice the red lines sum what but, the+y go away on me in half hour or so. Im on day 20 of 3-4 pumps on abs and have not seen any changes, am i doing something wrong?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive notice the red lines sum what but, the+y go away on me in half hour or so. Im on day 20 of 3-4 pumps on abs and have not seen any changes, am i doing something wrong?
Water retention skews the results while using Napalm. It subsides 2-3 days after cessation of usage.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Water retention skews the results while using Napalm. It subsides 2-3 days after cessation of usage.
Ok are u saying i'll see the true benefits 2-3 days after i stop using it completly? Im using 3-5 pumps twice daily usually in morn then before bed

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today is my 19th day of using Napalm. I've been applying one pump to my abs in the AM and one pump in the PM.

Soon after starting I noticed that after applying Napalm I could see red lines between my abs where the skin folds when I sit. The lines used to disappear after a while and all was OK. However, the past few days the lines turn brighter red after Napalm application and then fade but they don't totally fade away. Even 12 hours after the application I can still see these red lines.

Is this normal? I've got a lot of Napalm left and don't want the situation with these lines to get any worse. It almost looks like I've got a big scar across my stomach from some kind of surgery. I don't apply any other product to my stomach, exfoliate every day with a loofah and my stomach has had zero sun exposure.

My other question is what precautions are needed with respect to sun exposure. I'm going on vacation in a few days and will be in the sun a lot. Is that OK or should I stop the Napalm? When using sunscreen how long after applying Napalm should you wait to apply the sunscreen?

Thanks for your help.
No worries,the redness and lines are transient and will not be present after a few days post Napalm cycle.One should wait at least 3 hours before applying Sunscreen/moisturizers to the skin,after a Napalm application.

No, I can't say I've noticed a difference other than the redness.

I am in a caloric deficit and doing cardio about 50% of days but not with the intensity I'd like due to a sciatica flare up.

My feeling though is that if a product like this works it should do so at maintenance calories and energy expenditure. If I'm in a caloric deficit and doing lots of cardio than the topical has nothing to do with the fat loss. Correlation does not prove causality.

True,due to the cortisol modulation from Napalm (GA,specifically),fat loss will be realized at maintainence kcals provided energy expenditure accounts for a few hundred kcals deficit.The RK assists in uncoupling so this is helpful during such a recomp but Y Hcl requires a deficit to infer localized fat loss.In short,you will see benefit after your cycle w/your current plan but with a more sizable deficit,more impressive results kick in.I'll defer to the Napalm writeup which details the science behind localized fat loss.

http://www.avantresearch.com/products/napalm/research

As long as there is a 30 minute window between the time of application and exercise,sweating out the RK (or any other active) will not occur.

Ok are u saying i'll see the true benefits 2-3 days after i stop using it completly? Im using 3-5 pumps twice daily usually in morn then before bed
Yes.

A few days after discontinuation of Napalm will yield the true results.Adding a gram of bulk caffiene powder to Napalm has helped with eliminating water retention,IME.

I will add that it may take 5-7 days for all of the excess water to be dropped if caffiene is not added to Napalm.Even so,caffiene is not a strong enough diuretic to stave off all possible water retention from Yohimbine Hcl but it certainly helps.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Brah - don't worry. I have a similar issue. If I have an event where I'll be taking my shirt off - pool party or whatever - I just stop the Nap. a day or 2 before and the redness goes away to the point it's barely noticeable.

I do think the more I tan - the less you can really notice the redness.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had gotten these responses sooner. I stopped the Napalm because I was worried about the red lines and I wasn't seeing any results. Didn't realize that water retention would conceal the results.

It's been about ten days since I stopped the Napalm and I am leaner than I was before. Considering the fact that I just got back from a week-long vacation I have to give credit to Napalm for this. I'm glad I stopped when I did so I could get rid of the red lines before my vacation but I'm much more eager to restart now that my questions have been answered.

I just started logging Lean Fuel Extreme now so I can't start Napalm again until that log is over.

Thanks to all of you for your answers & feedback.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LA, sorry for the delayed responses. That is not typical of us. I'm just as guilty, as I haven't had a chance to visit AM in a couple of weeks.

My feeling on the "red wrinkles" is that the Napalm was collecting in the folds and causing a little bit of irritation. This doesn't happen for most people, but it could be that your skin is just a tad more sensitive than most.

As far as being out in the sun and Napalm, I do not recommend that at all. Napalm can cause irritation on its own in some people, and when you add in the sun, we could be talking serious irriation. I think it's always a good idea to stop Napalm at least a few days before getting sun exposure.

I'd also like to say a word on "seeing results". And this isn't to you specifically, but just as a general rule to put out there. Oftentimes, fat losses are difficult to see, especially around something as wide as the waist. The naked eye has a difficult time picking up reductions in measurement that are that relatively small, especially if there is water retention. With that in mind, it's always a good idea to take before and after measurements so that you have actual numbers to go off instead of simply "eyeballing" results.