Old Avant Labs Lipoderm Ultra, still good?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I posted a question in the wrong forum regarding an old bottle of Lipoderm Ultra: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/111542-old-avant-labs.html

The bottle has always had a brown spot on the bottom and what appears to be some oxidation. I never worried about it thinking it was just product that spilled during manufacturing.

I just now removed the wrapper from the bottle and started cleaning the brown spot only to realize that the bottle has a small puncture - the brown spot was hardened product that seems to have oxidixed.

Is this bottle still safe to use or should I get another?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally wouldn't use it. Sounds like there is some corrosion on the bottle it's so old.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
What color is the liquid supposed to be?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What color is the liquid supposed to be?
Lipoderm Ultra is a brownish color.

Personally, I found a freaking bottle of the old BETA labeled Lipo-Ultra (which places it in late 2003/early 2004) about 5 months ago. The product was fine.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lipoderm Ultra is a brownish color.

Personally, I found a freaking bottle of the old BETA labeled Lipo-Ultra (which places it in late 2003/early 2004) about 5 months ago. The product was fine.
Your stash must be like a time-capsule of the supplement world.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your stash must be like a time-capsule of the supplement world.
haha...you have no idea.

Though my shrine has long since been scattered to the ends of the earth...I'm starting from scratch to rebuild it eventually.

I stumble onto some crazy ****, though.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I found my NP receipt and I actually ordered it on July 18 2005... I didn't realize I've had this bottle of Lipoderm Ultra for so long. It has been in a cool dark place all this time. The product never leaked out completely because the plastic wrap was tight enough to cause a clog to form in the hole.

Last night as soon as I noticed the bottle had a hole I turned it upside down and placed it in my pencil cup. I went to the store a few minutes ago and got a couple of clear plastic carry on dispensers. I took some pictures for you to help me determine if I should use this or not. I used the flash on the first picture, the second is using the bathroom lights. The third and fourth pictures are of the bottom of the bottle where the hole is located.

What do you guys think, use it or toss it?

Attachments

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Bump please. I'd like to start using this tomorrow if you guys think it is still good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shake it vigorously and tell me if it lightens up at all.

The lecithin we used as an emulsifier can sometimes darken with age - but that would not affect potency or safety.

If it were me, I would use it.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
It stays about the same after shaking it for 1 minute. The top layer seems to be less murky than the rest, probably due to product weight and settling. There are little pieces of who knows what in the liquid, I guess these are ingredients that don't dissolve entirely.

I think I'll give today a try and see what happens. If I don't notice anything unusual I'll continue using it daily.

Thanks for your help.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... so I just applied it and rubbed 1, 2, 3 and these little brown "rolls" of something formed on my skin. I didn't see them coming out of the bottle when I pumped.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
... so I just applied it and rubbed 1, 2, 3 and these little brown "rolls" of something formed on my skin. I didn't see them coming out of the bottle when I pumped.
that's carbomer - a gelling agent.

Make sure you are applying to clean, preferably exfoliated, skin...shake well and rub in completely.

Those gelly balls are inert, and do not diminish the effectiveness at all.