FL3X's mini review of the Ultra Series

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like many others on this board, I ended up scoring a few of AX's new products a while back.
So I would first like to start by saying THANK YOU to Athletic Xtreme for doing this, and another shout out to all the reps who facilitated such a fun series of contests for these products.

I try to stay away from the whole 1-10 rating system, as I feel most of the time the number is just a guess and I personally would save a 10 for my perfect idea of a supplement. I don't think any supp should get a 10 in this case lol. I also don't think it's fair to give a review of a supplement after only 1 or 2 uses, so I waited til I could get through multiple uses. Often times supplements hit me differently depending on my diet, mood, sleep, etc etc, so one has to take all of this into consideration when trialing a product in order to give the most accurate review possible. I have given each product a fair trial by now, so let's get on with this!

First up....

Ultra Reps
I am not a big fan of non stims, so my plan was to use this mostly as a "I need a pump right now" type of product. I tried it as a cosmetic type of supp just taking it before I went out, I tried it stacked with SuperSize, tried with just a plain caffeine pill...so many different ways to take this. My favorite was when stacking it with SuperSize, but we'll get into that later. First let's talk about the workouts I had when just taking with caffeine. I actually did feel like I got some sort of mental "push" from this. Could have been the Theobromine, could have been the Adenosine triphosphate, if I am not mistaken both of those have some sort of "stimulant" properties to them. It was nothing huge obviously being a stim free product, but I did notice some decent quality workouts from this. I noticed a pump every time I did this too. I don't think it is the main focus of this supplement, nor am I certain I can attribute the pumps strictly to the Ultra Reps, as I tend to get pumped regardless of supplement use or not. The taste of this (I had wildberry) was not favorable for me. It was almost like it was too strong. I needed to use extra water to dilute it in order to get it down and wasn't able to chug it with 12 oz water like I can with others. I also noticed that it was not the best on my stomach. It left it churning on a few occasions, but that should be taken lightly by those reading this. I have been having lots of problems with my stomach lately and there are many preworkouts and other powders that do this to me. Other people seemed to like the taste though.
If you're looking for a good non stimulant preworkout boost, I would recommend this to you.

Slim FX
This review may be a tad difficult. I found myself complaining about some of the things that other people actually WANT in a stim based fat burner. I myself was not looking to lose fat, mainly looking for a long lasting energy. Did I feel a long lasting energy? HELL YEAH!!!
Two caps did it for me, every single time. I never tried dosing it split up, by judging by the strength of 2 caps I would say you would still get sufficient energy from splitting the dose, and I may have to try this in the future. There were a few days at work that I knew were going to be filled with me running my a$$ off with very short breaks if any, constant changes in plans, and would require my undivided attention and focus. I work 12 hour shifts as a technician in a chemical plant, and we are currently in the process of some expansions, so I was often times doing 10 things at once. I did not get a mental foginess that I sometimes get with stims, and Slim FX actually did a great job of living up to its claims. I felt ENERGIZED and FOCUSED for a good 8 hours, and even after 10 hours was still feeling it. My mind was racing and the energy just didn't stop. Now here is the part I didn't like: I had a kind of knotted feeling in my gut which could probably be explained as the appetite suppression. It was only faint, but it was there, and being on a bulk I did not want my appetite suppressed. I was able to get all my macros in regardless, but I never actually felt hungry on it. Like I said, bad for me, but good for someone looking for a fat burner ;) Also my feet were DRENCHED in sweat after a few hours from taking. This is obviously a thermogenic response. Good for someone looking for a fat burner, but not what I wanted. I will be keeping some on hand though just because I feel the energy I get from this is very hard to find in other supplements right now.
I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a fat burner.

German Creatine
Well...what can I say? It's creatine monohydrate, which is superior to others IMO. It mixes well, the bottle looks cool as hell, it's made under GMP, and it's cheap ;) Can you say staple? (No, there were no staples in this, I meant it is a staple now!!!)
If you need a staple creatine mono, check out German Creatine.

And last but not least...

Supersize
First ingredient: Vitamin C. I wasn't sure on why EXACTLY this was a main ingredient but hey, Vitamin C has its benefits. My favorite benefit would be it's cortisol controlling abilities. When you're downing 200-300 mg of caffeine, it's nice to know your cortisol levels aren't going to skyrocket.
Supersize has nitrates in it. I love nitrates :) I found 3 scoops to be my sweet spot. Got great energy from this, and wasn't a cracked out feeling either. I felt it fully kick in within 15 minutes. I was able to destroy my workouts as I was hoping to with this without feeling jittery or nautious so I give AX extra points in this area. I first put this to the test on arm day as I do ANY new pre that I try, and after a 12-14 hour shift mind you. I felt the pumps coming on within the first warmup set of curls :) Supersize really is a great preworkout IMO. I don't feel it's fair for me to comment on "no crash" after workouts with this though because my drive home starts 14-15 hours after I wake up for the day. Nodding off on my half hour drive is pretty much fate for me. The only down side to this was the fact that it didn't contain any beta alanine, which is a neccessity in a preworkout for me, but no worries, I have my own bulk powder and added 5 grams! I understand the decision not to add BA to this...I really don't know a lot of people who like it. And it's cheap enough so I don't mind adding it myself. The other comment I have is the taste really wasn't great. It wasn't hard to chug or too strong like the Ultra Reps was for me. I was able to down it no problem. I don't mind if a product doesn't taste great as long as it works, I'm a champ lol. But if AX was looking for ways to improve any of their products, work on the flavoring system. Others may not be able to slam it like I was (after you've tried every single concoction there is, and have grown accustomed to slamming egg whites, it's really not that hard to chug a lot of things).
Let's forget the whole taste thing for a second...if you have Ultra Reps and Supersize on hand please do me a favor and stack them! I can't explain how great this stack was for me, so just freakin try it!!!
Oh and if you're not a drinker but you hate missing out on the fun at the clubs/bars with your friends, 3 scoops of Supersize, 1 scoop Ultra Reps, 2.5-5 grams BA, a scoop of BCAA's, Vitamin B complex, a little Yohimbine, a double serving of CLA+ALC, and 2 caps of Erase makes one hell of a "going out" ****tail ;)
If you're looking for a killer new preworkout at a great price, try Supersize!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks again AX and the rep team for the hookup!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
By far... and I've been around for years...

MOST DETAILED REVIEW on a new product line.

As you know and if you follow us in facebook, we've implemented a new flavor ir corrected the issue. Truly glad you had the chance to give them all a try.

Nice work .. big old Supplement Junkie Bro Hug!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow! What a massive review! I want to thank you for the effort put into this post.

Thanks for the review(s). :) We appreciate the feedback.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I just saw that, really want to give that new flavor a review. I had a couple scoops of Ultra Reps left actually and I think maybe its not the taste so much as just the way it hits my stomach, makes me feel really full I guess. I stacked it w 3 scoop SS again today and hit a nice PR in dead lifts.
One scoop of UR left...will have to try it on a completely empty stomach next time and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again guys for the chance to try this stuff, bro hugs right back atcha lol

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review ! I have yet to take my Ultra reps or Supersize that I won so the info is much appreciated.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Nice review ! I have yet to take my Ultra reps or Supersize that I won so the info is much appreciated.
Whaaaaaat are you waiting for!?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice review, i too have tried the ultra and supersize stack and have been loving it...taking notes on my workouts now to give a review of the two

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I pretty much liked everything I had by them as well.

SuperSize is fed worth the buy at $20.

Can't wait to pop a slim fx pill, but that's after the AndroMass

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I pretty much liked everything I had by them as well.

SuperSize is fed worth the buy at $20.

Can't wait to pop a slim fx pill, but that's after the AndroMass
It actually doesn't hit bp that bad, I was drinking 2 coffees, a monster, and my preworkouts on my last andromass cycle. Just to be safe I swallowed a hell of a lot of hawthorne berry.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It actually doesn't hit bp that bad, I was drinking 2 coffees, a monster, and my preworkouts on my last andromass cycle. Just to be safe I swallowed a hell of a lot of hawthorne berry.
Kool. Nice reviews. Glad you got to try um all. Looks to be a promising line. Slimfx is one of the only things that my friend responds too. I have yet to take it yet... As it's bulking season.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Kool. Nice reviews. Glad you got to try um all. Looks to be a promising line. Slimfx is one of the only things that my friend responds too. I have yet to take it yet... As it's bulking season.
Amen to the bulking/ "DAMAGE" season and that's why SuperSize/Ultra Reps are really healing me up nicely.

Got something lined up for Slim FX in Spring with a major diet tweak. Going to be my best year to date!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Amen to the bulking/ "DAMAGE" season and that's why SuperSize/Ultra Reps are really healing me up nicely.

Got something lined up for Slim FX in Spring with a major diet tweak. Going to be my best year to date!
You and me both bro. Been snaggin a pill or two from my wife's bottle and i cant wait to run a full bottle during my prep.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FL3X....

wow. just wow.

And with that, this wordy bastard has no more words. wow.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Fl3x... You're my hero! Reason? Two things... Awesome review...Very very detailed and easy going! I like the fact that you used your own words instead of a number to describe your experience with the products.... I'm also glad to see how similar we responded on the products... I too am not a fan of Ultra Reps berry taste... (Yeah, I can say that even though I'm a rep for the company.. ) But the majority likes the taste... I on the other hand enjoy Super Sizes taste more, even though it ain't good ... Majority doesn't no like it, therefor the reformulation of the taste... It just proves how different we all are, regarding what we like :)

I'm also glad that you didn't stressed through this review, that you instead took your time using the different products, using em differently and with other stuff as well.. I think this review will be really helpful for a lot of people! And ofc, I'm very pleased that the products worked for you too ofc!

Oh yeah... Almost forgot... The last thing.. I love the fact that you made Mr.Word... Wordless :D EPIC!!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL did I turn Tim into a vegetable??
Thanks for stopping by. Really looking forward to that new flavor!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Appears you said it all :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thinking about an order.

SuperSize and possibly some slim fx, along with some recompadrol and some thermogum...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice idea.

Keep us posted if you decide to go with it. I'd be really interested to hear how it goes.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Thinking about an order.

SuperSize and possibly some slim fx, along with some recompadrol and some thermogum...
Sweet!! I believe you will enjoy not just pumps and fat loss but tunnel vision and focus from SS and that "feel good" from SFX. Email me if you decide to run with it. I'd love to help best i can.

[email protected]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
No.
Just a bit worried about the absorption and it being intense even with 1 cap.
+ I don't want appetite suppression being on AndroMass. I need more definition yes, but it'll will have to wait until after I finish.

On top of that the fact that it looks similar to OEP and that made me crash.

-my dumb ass almost randomly popped a cap from this sample pack I had and I almost forget until I wad typing this that I took m-stak with the red energy pill, glad I remember cuz if I would've popped the fx it might have been a bad experience....

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Temptation will get you every time ;)

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
gots to be mo careful. lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor