* ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION interviews OLYMPIC hopeful Michael James!*

1. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%

Lightbulb * ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION interviews OLYMPIC hopeful Michael James!*

Interview with Michael James- Appalachian State (NC) Middle distance runner, 2008 Olympic hopeful!

Athletic Edge Nutrition is pleased to offer the AM community an in depth interview during which you will hear about Michael’s typical training day. You will gain a complete understanding of how our Beta-Alanine formula IntraXCell is helping him reach his new goals in middle distance running.

Michael first started using our Pre-Workout formula SteelEdge about a year and half ago. He quickly made it a staple in his training protocol and has been one of AEN’s most passionate customers ever since. With the launch of IntraXCell, the worlds first dedicated Beta-Alanine, carnosine booster in convenient capsule form, we were excited to get Michael using it as quickly as possible. Knowing how much it could really benefit his training,pushing his performance to new levels and breaking his PRs along the way.

Note:To anyone reading, when dealing with elite athletes, it is VERY difficult to bring about even small performance increases as they are already at the top of their game.The below results, speak for themselves.

Here we go!

AEN: Hi Michael. Thank you for joining us. Before we go into the questions, could you tell our readers more about yourself and what events you compete in?

Michael: My name is Michael James and I’m an 800 meter runner and full-time pre-med student at Appalachian State.

AEN: What does a typical week look like for you in terms of training?

Michael: I don’t measure my weeks in terms of seven days. Instead, I train on a nine day cycle followed by a non-training day. Six days out of the nine are strength training days that involve Olympic lifting and event-specific drills.

The following is a brief breakdown of one of my nine day cycles:

Day One: Stamina day to train the anaerobic threshold system. I accomplish this with a tempo run.

Day Two: Recovery jog to train endurance.

Day Three: Stamina day to train the anaerobic threshold system using tempo intervals.

Day Four: Speed session for VO2 max development.

Day Five: Cruise interval session to train the anaerobic threshold system.

Day Six: Speed session for VO2 max development.

Day Seven: Cruise interval session to train the anaerobic threshold system.

Day Eight: Recovery jog to train endurance.

Day Nine: Sprint session to develop speed.

Day Ten: Off

AEN: Wow, sounds intense! Can you take us through a typical training session explaining some of the drills and/or types of sports specific movement you utilize?

Michael:Training usually begins with an active warm-up consisting of a combination of the following: exaggerated running movements, Russian walks, skips, grapevine, forward and lateral lunges, A and B kicks, and high knees.

After the active warm-up, this is a typical Cruise Interval session.

• 2 800s at 2 min 18 sec
    • 2 800s at 2 min 4 sec
    • 2 600s at 1 min 30 sec
    • 2 400s at 56 sec
    • 4 400s at 64 sec
    • 2 800s at 2 min 18 sec

After this sequence I engage in an active cool-down, followed by 20 min of lower extremity stretches.

AEN: Out of general interest, what are world class track times and where are your track times in comparison?

Michael: World class, elite times for 800 meters are between 1 min 44 sec to 1 min 46 sec. My PR is 1 min 48 sec.

AEN: What are your time goals for this year?

Michael:I’m striving to run 1 min 48 sec indoors and 1 min 45 sec outdoors.

AEN: You mentioned you are aiming to compete in the upcoming 2008 Olympics. What time does it usually take to have a chance to qualify?

Michael:A 1:45 will probably make the US Olympic team.

AEN: We know you have greatly benefited from SteelEdge but can you tell the readers what it has done for you?

Michael: Without a doubt, my growth and muscular endurance have increased since using SteelEdge. I’ve also noticed that it gets me ready for any training session, no matter how intense. It’s truly amazing because on days when I may feel a little unfocused, SteelEdge eliminates that feeling. It has also increased my recovery during and following training.

AEN: With the launch of our new Carnosine/Glutathione booster IntraXCell, you were one of the people that we were very excited to get started on the product. How long have you been on it and what has it done for your training so far?

Michael: I have been using IntraXCell for about two months now. It has taken my training to unreal levels. For example, before using IntraXCell I would run 600m in 1 min 28 sec and currently supplementing with IntraXCell, I reduced down to 1 min 24 sec. The other significant change is the huge decrease in rest time between sets. For example; before attempting the second set I would have to rest for at least eight minutes. After one month of using IntraXCell, the same workout is performed with half the recovery time. In other words, I’m resting four minutes as opposed to eight. That’s incredible when running three in a row.

Additionally, I used to experience intense cramping that would take me to the ground after each training session. After using IntraXCell the cramping has completely disappeared. Even while using SteelEdge, I experienced cramping following such intense workouts. The IntraXCell made the difference.

AEN: Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, Michael. It is great to hear how well IntraXCell and SteelEdge are working for you and we are very pleased to be a part of your Olympic aspirations!

Michael: Thank you for the wonderful products. I’m looking forward to competing.

We will keep everyone updated on Michael’s progress periodically!

Thank you from Athletic Edge Nutrition!

2. constant recomp
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Great interview!
  3. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good stuff fellaz!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.68%

Great stuff guys.

Good to see the feedback on supplement ise from elite athletes, as one always wonders what indeed they supplement with.
  5. constant recomp
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Talking

Blackjack & Sputnik, thanks for the kind words!
  6. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Great stuff guys.

Good to see the feedback on supplement ise from elite athletes, as one always wonders what indeed they supplement with.
    We actually have quite a few elite athletes using our products now, michael is the only one that was comfortable with us using his name though. There are alot of elite sprinters, hockey players, MMA fighters, boxers and some guys in the NFL. It's actually been quite interesting for us because don't advertise, the only thing we have ever had is the MD review, yet our products reputation still spread through word of mouth. Once they started getting into the elite athlete groups, they took a new life of there own, as birds of a feather will flock together..as they say.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.68%

Quote Originally Posted by Athletic Edge N View Post
    We actually have quite a few elite athletes using our products now, michael is the only one that was comfortable with us using his name though. There are alot of elite sprinters, hockey players, MMA fighters, boxers and some guys in the NFL. It's actually been quite interesting for us because don't advertise, the only thing we have ever had is the MD review, yet our products reputation still spread through word of mouth. Once they started getting into the elite athlete groups, they took a new life of there own, as birds of a feather will flock together..as they say.
    Excellent work. Are you planning to sponsort any athletes down the track?
  8. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Excellent work. Are you planning to sponsort any athletes down the track?
    Yes, we certainly would like to down the road.

We actually just recently sponsored a VERY interesting project. A project that will build more customer confidence and credibilty for AEN products and show our customers that we "walk the walk" when it comes to science.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ~Athletic Edge Nutrition Needs 5 Testers!!~
    By Skircus7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 03:28 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 05:24 PM
  4. ~Athletic Edge Nutrition Needs 7 (New) Testers!!~
    By Skircus7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
  5. Athletic Edge Nutrition at the PLANET!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:58 PM