RPM & Drive with Fats

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have been running RPM Drive and X-Factor for almost two weeks now and just had one more question for the lovely AppNutz. I have been lifting first thing in the morning because of my schedule so my dosing protocol has been:
1 or 2 X-Factor
3 drive
4 rpm
1 tsp coconut oil
all about 45-60 minutes before lifting. The only reason I take the coconut oil is to prevent the X-Factor from being oxidized and used for energy. Is taking it interfering with my drive or rpm at all? Would taking free form leucine or BCAA's be a better option?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I have been running RPM Drive and X-Factor for almost two weeks now and just had one more question for the lovely AppNutz. I have been lifting first thing in the morning because of my schedule so my dosing protocol has been:
1 or 2 X-Factor
3 drive
4 rpm
1 tsp coconut oil
all about 45-60 minutes before lifting. The only reason I take the coconut oil is to prevent the X-Factor from being oxidized and used for energy. Is taking it interfering with my drive or rpm at all? Would taking free form leucine or BCAA's be a better option?
I am not sure why the X-Factor should be oxidized and used for energy before your workout. Besides, your body's preferential and effective source of fuel for energy would be carbohydrates. Failing this (in the case of low glycogen stores), proteins would be metabolized for energy, and then fats. Considering that Drive and RPM are best taken on an empty stomach, I would recommend to take them first, then X-Factor/Coconut Oil about 25-30 minutes later. Then workout about 30 minutes post-X-Factor/Coconut oil.
Regarding BCAAs/Leucine, these could also be take just before and during workout. They by-pass the liver and hit the bloodstream directly within 15 minutes to 30 minutes or so.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
See my thought was that when my the X-factor hit my stomach, it would recognize it as usable kcals and burn it up for energy rather than storing the AA where it needs to be. I don't know much about AA metabolism though so it may not even be a usable energy source.
Thanks Strat, I will take your advice and wait on the X-Factor and just drop the coconut oil.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
See my thought was that when my the X-factor hit my stomach, it would recognize it as usable kcals and burn it up for energy rather than storing the AA where it needs to be. I don't know much about AA metabolism though so it may not even be a usable energy source.
Thanks Strat, I will take your advice and wait on the X-Factor and just drop the coconut oil.
Something else. Considering that X-Factor is arachidonic acid, an essential fatty acid, bioavailability and absorption my be improved somewhat, if X-Factor is taken with some healthy fat. So, your coconut oil idea may be useful. This is not to say X-Factor cannot or should not be taken on an empty stomach. That would still work. An oil-based environment simply promotes better bioavailability and absorption. So, take your Drive/RPM wait for about 25-30 minutes before X-Factor and coconut oil. Then workout about 30 minutes later.