Purpose of L-Arginine within RPM?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Check the official writeup!

If you want an explanation you should be able to find one at www.appnut.com.

In general, l-arginine is meant to help produce better blood circulation throughout the body. I'm pretty sure you knew that though. If you want a full out scientific explanation I can go into detail if the stragepedia doesn't beat me to it. Honestly, I said that is the best guy to get a great in-depth scientific explanation from.

Cheers!

adil

Awards
surely such a small amount would do nothing?

And even then, wouldn't a more bioavailable form of arginine be a better addition?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
surely such a small amount would do nothing?
This may be an accurate conclusion for a standard product with arginine as the core compound. RPM is different. Arginine in RPM mainy serves to reinforce the synergy of the blend. In particular, arginine serves within RPM as a substrate for the enzyme nitric oxide synthase, necessary to stimulate the production of nitric oxide. Beyond this, OPCs in RPM also support nitric-oxide synthase, further enhancing elevated nitric oxide levels. As is well known, nitric oxide requires cGMP for effective vasodilation to occur. Enter icariin. By inhibiting PDE-5, the enzyme that breaks down cGMP, icariin ensures that elevated nitric-oxide levels triggered by arginine and OPCs are sustained by icariin-powered cGMP, creating RPM's well-known synergistic vasodilatory outcome. It is this synergy that allows a relatively small (yet effective) amount of arginine to be used in the formula. Anecdotal user feedback appears to corroborate this synergy.

And even then, wouldn't a more bioavailable form of arginine be a better addition?
Again, in a standard arginine-centered product, your observation may be valid. In the case of RPM, though, several considerations justify the choice. Firstly, standard L-arginine has the most amount of base arginine relative to the more advanced forms. Furthermore, some advanced arginine forms may not guarantee an adequate amount of arginine bioavailability and absorption. Secondly, the inclusion of naringin in RPM not only ensures a lower amount of base arginine can be used, but also supports absorption and bioavailability, and consequently, an extension of the half-lives of the synergistic compounds in the formula.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I knew you'd reply!

This may be an accurate conclusion for a standard product with arginine as the core compound. RPM is different. Arginine in RPM mainy serves to reinforce the synergy of the blend. In particular, arginine serves within RPM as a substrate for the enzyme nitric oxide synthase, necessary to stimulate the production of nitric oxide. Beyond this, OPCs in RPM also support nitric-oxide synthase, further enhancing elevated nitric oxide levels. As is well known, nitric oxide requires cGMP for effective vasodilation to occur. Enter icariin. By inhibiting PDE-5, the enzyme that breaks down cGMP, icariin ensures that elevated nitric-oxide levels triggered by arginine and OPCs are sustained by icariin-powered cGMP, creating RPM's well-known synergistic vasodilatory outcome. It is this synergy that allows a relatively small (yet effective) amount of arginine to be used in the formula. Anecdotal user feedback appears to corroborate this synergy.

Again, in a standard arginine-centered product, your observation may be valid. In the case of RPM, though, several considerations justify the choice. Firstly, standard L-arginine has the most amount of base arginine relative to the more advanced forms. Furthermore, some advanced arginine forms may not guarantee an adequate amount of arginine bioavailability and absorption. Secondly, the inclusion of naringin in RPM not only ensures a lower amount of base arginine can be used, but also supports absorption and bioavailability, and consequently, an extension of the half-lives of the synergistic compounds in the formula.
I knew you would be showing up sooner or later Strategic. As per the usual...great post. :)

adil

Awards
Thanks for the reply. However you say that;

"Furthermore, some advanced arginine forms may not guarantee an adequate amount of arginine bioavailability and absorption"

I thought the whole purpose of them being 'advanced arginine' was to increase bioavailability and absorption?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks for the reply. However you say that;

"Furthermore, some advanced arginine forms may not guarantee an adequate amount of arginine bioavailability and absorption"

I thought the whole purpose of them being 'advanced arginine' was to increase bioavailability and absorption?
Obviously, as soon as arginine is bonded to any other compound, the amount of base arginine in that mix is, by definition, lower per gramme than in one gramme of pure arginine. So, the carrier compound must compensate somehow for this arginine "deficit". It may or may not succeed. The outcome depends a lot on a combination of the specific biochemistry of the compound and individual metabolism. One of the very few advanced arginine forms that can deliver both in terms of bioavailability and absorption is arginine alpha-ketoglutarate. As it turns out, this result depends entirely on the specific properties of alpha ketoglutarate. Not many other arginine bonds can compare.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
dam strategic great posts!! Very Informative!! Im loving that Lipo PM!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
dam strategic great posts!! Very Informative!! Im loving that Lipo PM!!
Oh! Thanks, Box! Great to hear you are happy with the Lipotrophin-PM.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!