IGF-2 and GH release

workout8485

Awards
How much of an increase in GH release can you expect from the dose of macuna pruriens in IGF-2 (or lipotrophin AM/PM for that matter) and what solid evidence/studies are there to support this?
:run:

workout8485

Awards
i take it know one at AN either knows, or has any evidence or studies to show us? or both?
:drunk:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i take it know one at AN either knows, or has any evidence or studies to show us? or both?
:drunk:
What is the basis for this conclusion?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lack of a reply to the original post perhaps...
Sorry for the late reply- unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would like to answer questions regarding our products. I am literally in-between production runs right now- sitting here typing this in latex gloves :)

I have a few human studies, but they mostly have to do with L-dopa-induced growth hormone release, and not necessarily mucuna-induced gh release itself. The type of mucuna used in the PM, AM, and IGF-2 is calculated and extracted for 25% L-Dopa content, meaning that for every 100 mg of mucuna in each of these products, there is 25 mg of L-dopa. The L-dopa from mucuna is very nearly chemically identical (if not identical) to the synthetic L-Dopa used in the following scientific studies that I reference:

Neurosci Lett. 2007 Jul 11;422(2):119-22. Epub 2007 Jun 8. Links
Endurance exercise modulates levodopa induced growth hormone release in patients with Parkinson's disease.Müller T, Welnic J, Woitalla D, Muhlack S.
Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany. [email protected]

Acute levodopa (LD) application and exercise release human growth hormone (GH). An earlier trial showed, that combined stimulus of exercise and LD administration is the best provocative test for GH response in healthy participants. Objective was to show this combined effect of LD application and exercise on GH response and to investigate the impact on LD metabolism in 20 previously treated patients with Parkinson's disease (PD). We measured GH- and LD plasma concentrations following soluble 200 mg LD/50 mg benserazide administration during endurance exercise and rest on two separate consecutive days. GH concentrations significantly increased on both days, but GH release was significantly delayed during rest. LD metabolism was not altered due to exercise in a clinical relevant manner. Exercise induced a significant faster LD stimulated GH release in comparison with the rest condition. We did not find the supposed increase of LD induced GH release by endurance exercise. We assume, that only a limited amount of GH is available for GH release in the anterior pituitary following an acute 200 mg LD administration. GH disposal also depends on growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH), which is secreted into hypothalamic portal capillaries. During the exercise condition, the resulting higher blood pressure supports blood flow and thus GHRH transport towards the GH producing cells in the pituitary. This might additionally have caused the significant faster GH release during exercise.

Eur J Endocrinol. 2002 Feb;146(2):197-202. Links
The role of endogenous GHRH in arginine-, insulin-, clonidine- and l-dopa-induced GH release in normal subjects.Hanew K, Utsumi A.
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan. hanew@[email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The role of endogenous GHRH in arginine-, insulin-, clonidine- and l-dopa-induced GH secretion was studied in man using a GHRH antagonist (GHRH-Ant). DESIGN: Ten healthy adult males were studied for serum GH responses to arginine or insulin singly, or sequentially 120 min after GHRH injection with or without combined administration of GHRH-Ant. Further, GHRH, clonidine or l-dopa were sequentially administered to these subjects 120 min after the GHRH injection. RESULTS: The combined administration of GHRH-Ant distinctly inhibited the arginine- and insulin-induced GH release. When these four agents were sequentially administered 120 min after GHRH injection, the GH responses to clonidine and l-dopa disappeared completely while clear responses were observed to arginine and insulin administration. These responses to arginine and insulin were also completely inhibited by the combined administration of GHRH-Ant. CONCLUSIONS: These results indicate that clonidine and l-dopa stimulate GH secretion mainly through the release of hypothalamic GHRH, and that arginine- and insulin-induced hypoglycaemia stimulate GH secretion mainly through the inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin release. However, the presence of endogenous hypothalamic GHRH seems to be essential for the maximal stimulation of GH release induced by arginine and insulin.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Oct;67(4):845-9.Links
Variable plasma growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and GH responses to clonidine, L-dopa, and insulin in normal men.Tapanainen P, Knip M, Lautala P, Leppäluoto J.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oulu, Finland.

The effects of synthetic GHRH-(1-44) (1 microgram/kg, iv), clonidine (0.15 mg/m2, orally), L-dopa (0.5 g, orally), and insulin (0.1 IU/kg, iv) on plasma immunoreactive (ir) GHRH and GH levels were determined in normal men, aged 31-46 yr (n = 4-8). In addition, plasma ir-GHRH and GH concentrations were determined before and after the administration of clonidine in six younger men, aged 19-25 yr. GHRH was extracted from plasma using Sep-Pak C18 cartridges and measured with a mid-portion-specific GHRH antiserum. The mean plasma ir-GHRH and GH levels ranged from 9-11 ng/L and 0.5-1.5 microgram/L, respectively, in the older men during a 2-h control study. After GHRH administration, the mean plasma ir-GHRH concentration increased to a peak of 512.5 ng/L at 3 min and GH to a peak of 9.2 micrograms/L at 10 min. Clonidine resulted in a significant increase in mean plasma GH levels (P less than 0.05) in the younger men, but not in the older men. Plasma ir-GHRH concentrations did not change after clonidine.L-Dopa increased plasma ir-GHRH at 60 min (P less than 0.05) and GH at 60-120 min (P less than 0.05). Insulin-induced hypoglycemia increased plasma GH levels (to a mean of 23.8 micrograms/L at 60 min; P less than 0.001), whereas plasma ir-GHRH levels did not change. We conclude that the mechanisms of the various GH stimulation tests differ. Some GH responses, including those induced by insulin, do not appear to be mediated by GHRH.

I only had about five minutes to put this together- if you want, send me a pm and I will put some more studies and product info together for you- hope this answers your question :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lack of a reply to the original post perhaps...

Second question- "What is the amount of GH release?"

Honest answer: I am not sure- I have a general idea from studies, but many of them were done on special populations, etc., so more research is necessary to be able to quantify a more exact answer.

workout8485

Awards
thanks a lot for those - very much appreciated...

in terms of quantity i noticed that USP labs is claiming that Powerfull creates a 221% increase in GH using the same/similar compound to u guys in your products... do you consider that a fair sum?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks a lot for those - very much appreciated...

in terms of quantity i noticed that USP labs is claiming that Powerfull creates a 221% increase in GH using the same/similar compound to u guys in your products... do you consider that a fair sum?
PowerFULL and IGF-2 are different products with different overall synergistic results. Yet, there is no reason USPLabs would claim a 221% GH increase, if they did not have appropriate research to support it. I believe their statement.

workout8485

Awards
PowerFULL and IGF-2 are different products with different overall synergistic results. Yet, there is no reason USPLabs would claim a 221% GH increase, if they did not have appropriate research to support it. I believe their statement.
im glad u have such faith in USPLabs and im sure they do have appropriate research to support their claim. However, if every supplement company's claims were true we would all look like Arnie in his prime right now so i like to keep a healthy air of scepticism about a product before i try it...

Having said that, so far, i have more respect for AN than most of the other supplement company's out there and find RPM and Lipo PM to be good products!
:bb2:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im glad u have such faith in USPLabs and im sure they do have appropriate research to support their claim. However, if every supplement company's claims were true we would all look like Arnie in his prime right now so i like to keep a healthy air of scepticism about a product before i try it...
Healthy skepticism is always appropriate, no question. Personally, I do not blindly believe the claims of every supplement company. Fortunately, though, we are only talking about two supplement companies: Applied Nutriceuticals and USPLabs with two different products that share one or two (similar) compounds. As it turns out, I have not only used IGF-2, but have also used PowerFULL. Both products meet their product claims. Surely, I cannot prove I saw a GH-increase of 10%, 20%, 100%, or whatever, as I did not take such a measurement. Yet, the deep, recuperative sleep with vivid dreams and enhanced recovery (that is hard to experience without sufficient GH-activity), just to mention some aspects, were unmistakeable. This is the practical basis for my "faith". :D

Having said that, so far, i have more respect for AN than most of the other supplement company's out there and find RPM and Lipo PM to be good products!
:bb2:
Awesome! Thank you very much for that valuable feedback! :thumbsup:

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
I have had solid results from AN and USP's products so far as well! Both companies deliver...... Give IGF-2 a try, you won't be disappointed

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had solid results from AN and USP's products so far as well! Both companies deliver...... Give IGF-2 a try, you won't be disappointed
:cheers:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be running it with recreate and drive after my PCT. I am a habitual drive user now, this will be my third 8 weeker. Wait I will use it during PCT as well so will be running drive to 12 weeks.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Awesome!

I will be running it with recreate and drive after my PCT. I am a habitual drive user now, this will be my third 8 weeker. Wait I will use it during PCT as well so will be running drive to 12 weeks.
A habitual DRIVE user eh? :D....always nice to see...I would fall into that category as well.

Cheers!