Overkill or Ok?

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Hi, I was planning on the following stack and wanted some feedback before diving in.

Drive - Applied Nutriceuticals
RPM - Applied Nutriceuticals
IGF-2 - Applied Nutriceuticals
NeoVar - Applied Nutriceuticals
Lean Xtreme - Designer Supplements
DCP - RPN
Relora - Now Foods
Ashwagandha - Now Foods
Purple Warth - Controlled Labs
Activite Sport - MHP

Here are the particulars for me. I am 40 year old, 210lbs, 5'7", 32% body fat and Total Test is 193. I am also somewhat muscular since I have always lifted weights but never really took supplements. However, I have a lot of my bodyfat mostly in the abdomen area, probably due to stress and cortisol. My goal is too loose the body fat (get it under 20% for the first time in my life), while not loosing too much weight. Ideally, I'd like to be btwn 190-200 lbs while adding some more muscle and losing the fat.

Other things to consider: I am little concerned about anything that might make me a little too aggressive (I have a bit of a short fuse). I also do not sleep that well at night so I am a little concerned about anything that might keep me up at night and I am sometimes depressed (although since I started working out again and cleaned up my diet a bit I am feel much better, but the sleep is still sometimes irregular).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its kind of a bit much to jump all in at once with honestly for your first venture into supplements. Given the specifics of what you are looking at, i'd probably go with drive, IGF-2, DCP and relora to start with at most.

Really diet + exercise are key, the supplements just add some extra helping hands. Without good diet + exercise plans, even steroids are useless. So give us some more specifics on those

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Its kind of a bit much to jump all in at once with honestly for your first venture into supplements. Given the specifics of what you are looking at, i'd probably go with drive, IGF-2, DCP and relora to start with at most.

Really diet + exercise are key, the supplements just add some extra helping hands. Without good diet + exercise plans, even steroids are useless. So give us some more specifics on those
I am lifting about 30-45 minutes per day with 20-25 minutes of cardio at the end. I am doing a three day split: Legs/Chest & BACK/Shoulders, Tri's & Bi's. I usually take one day off during the week and usually do one day of HIIT (no weights on that day) followed with abs. As for calories, I'd say that I am somewhere btwn 2400 - 3000 per day but that's just a rough estimate with no cookies,cake, diet soda, chocolate, etc.

Last edited:

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Anyone else? What about the other usual suspects from AN?

Thank you.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
umm If you dont have a lot of supp experience I would suggest starting out simple and working your way up to a more aggressive plan as you progress, remember simplicity is the key to success!! That and a proper diet/ exercise program...Anyhow, Good Luck!!

ALUISLUGO

Awards

Sounds good. What about Neovar? Won't I need some creatine to help lifting, or by already using PW then I don't need it, or could it be that creatine makes you retain water and that's something I should avoid all together given my goal?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. What about Neovar? Won't I need some creatine to help lifting, or by already using PW then I don't need it, or could it be that creatine makes you retain water and that's something I should avoid all together given my goal?
I personally dont like ANY form of CEE just my opinion... :thumbsup:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Mind if I ask why?
bloat...
The only creatines that work well for me are Kre-Alkalyn,,Green Mag, and Clout, Also Ragnarok (which has the creatine's from green mag and clout)

ALUISLUGO

Awards
bloat...
The only creatines that work well for me are Kre-Alkalyn,,Green Mag, and Clout, Also Ragnarok (which has the creatine's from green mag and clout)
Yeah that what I am getting now with Purple Warth. Too bad to because I do like it especially for my pre and intra work outs.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that what I am getting now with Purple Warth. Too bad to because I do like it especially for my pre and intra work outs.
Seriously if I were you I would def try Rag! Def an amzing all in 1 product!:thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey then keep that in :) my point was to avoid throwing kitchen sink of everything all at once, just phase products in over time so you can see + feel the difference

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Hey then keep that in :) my point was to avoid throwing kitchen sink of everything all at once, just phase products in over time so you can see + feel the difference

COOL got that now. :thumbsup:

PS what about the specifics that you asked about, i.e., diet and exercise...seem ok?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

PS what about the specifics that you asked about, i.e., diet and exercise...seem ok?
Not sure if Easy's the man to ask that to; he's currently sitting at 40(?), 15%, benching 135lbs and decided he was ready to juice. :lol:

Seriously though, in terms of the specifics, could you give us more? You listed general 'types' of foods. In order to get the results you want, you will need to nail your diet down. There is now a diet tracker on this site, that should help you.

In terms of your split, it is a little bit out of whack - I see no back in there, and arms twice. A split I like is:

Chest
Back
Off
Tri
Legs
Bi
Off

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, I was planning on the following stack and wanted some feedback before diving in.

Drive - Applied Nutriceuticals
RPM - Applied Nutriceuticals
IGF-2 - Applied Nutriceuticals
NeoVar - Applied Nutriceuticals
Lean Xtreme - Designer Supplements
DCP - RPN
Relora - Now Foods
Ashwagandha - Now Foods
Purple Warth - Controlled Labs
Activite Sport - MHP

Here are the particulars for me. I am 40 year old, 210lbs, 5'7", 32% body fat and Total Test is 193. I am also somewhat muscular since I have always lifted weights but never really took supplements. However, I have a lot of my bodyfat mostly in the abdomen area, probably due to stress and cortisol. My goal is too loose the body fat (get it under 20% for the first time in my life), while not loosing too much weight. Ideally, I'd like to be btwn 190-200 lbs while adding some more muscle and losing the fat.

Other things to consider: I am little concerned about anything that might make me a little too aggressive (I have a bit of a short fuse). I also do not sleep that well at night so I am a little concerned about anything that might keep me up at night and I am sometimes depressed (although since I started working out again and cleaned up my diet a bit I am feel much better, but the sleep is still sometimes irregular).
Start with the RPM, Drive, and NeoVar. After a few weeks of those, then add in some of the other supplements. I would go with IGF-2 and DCP.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Start with the RPM, Drive, and NeoVar. After a few weeks of those, then add in some of the other supplements. I would go with IGF-2 and DCP.
How did you dose your igf 2? i know someone who dosed at 10 caps a day and got killer results...

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Started at 10 and ended at 12. In retrospect, I should have stayed at 10.
why should u have stayed at 10? and thats crazy how long IGF 2 DOSENT last!!24 days!! lol 52 bucks pretty pricey for a natural sup

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why should u have stayed at 10? and thats crazy how long IGF 2 DOSENT last!!24 days!! lol 52 bucks pretty pricey for a natural sup
There were no added benefits and the rhodiola started to give me insomnia. I also used to rep for AN so I got mine for free.:thumbsup:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
There were no added benefits and the rhodiola started to give me insomnia. I also used to rep for AN so I got mine for free.:thumbsup:
thats def hot what were ur gains like fatloss, muscle how did it all turn out?

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Not sure if Easy's the man to ask that to; he's currently sitting at 40(?), 15%, benching 135lbs and decided he was ready to juice. :lol:

Seriously though, in terms of the specifics, could you give us more? You listed general 'types' of foods. In order to get the results you want, you will need to nail your diet down. There is now a diet tracker on this site, that should help you.

In terms of your split, it is a little bit out of whack - I see no back in there, and arms twice. A split I like is:

Chest
Back
Off
Tri
Legs
Bi
Off

My bad that was a typo. I meant Chest & Back not Chest & Arms (I have since fixed it). :eek:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of volume and intensity are you working with in that split?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Seems ok in a general way, the devil is always in the details of course. Are you following an existing workout plan or is this something you pieced together?

as far as the diet goes, even if you don't do it every day at least for a while you should use something like fitday.com to really nail down your specific calories just to get a good idea of what you are really averaging, so you can easily make adjustments. Particularly for loosing fat in people who are historically high in bodyfat lower carb or tapered carbs (most carbs in morning, no carbs after a cutoff in the afternoon) tends to work well, also really separating the meals so you more or less have either protein + carbs or protein + fat in a meal, but not protein + fat + carbs.

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Will the Neovar cause bloating and cramping?

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Not with adequate water and electrolyte consumption.
Is this true of all creatine products or just Neovar? Sorry but like I mentioned previously I am starting to bloat a little on PW and now some lite cramps.

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Seems ok in a general way, the devil is always in the details of course. Are you following an existing workout plan or is this something you pieced together?

as far as the diet goes, even if you don't do it every day at least for a while you should use something like fitday.com to really nail down your specific calories just to get a good idea of what you are really averaging, so you can easily make adjustments. Particularly for loosing fat in people who are historically high in bodyfat lower carb or tapered carbs (most carbs in morning, no carbs after a cutoff in the afternoon) tends to work well, also really separating the meals so you more or less have either protein + carbs or protein + fat in a meal, but not protein + fat + carbs.
Thanks and I don't care if you're "currently sitting at 40(?), 15%, benching 135lbs and decided he was ready to juice" :thumbsup:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Is this true of all creatine products or just Neovar? Sorry but like I mentioned previously I am starting to bloat a little on PW and now some lite cramps.
I just recommend the Best creatines in which cause no bloat lol EasyEJL isn't the only one on this site who knows a lil something.And the difference is i compete I dont think he cares THAT much about a bloat i however care ALOT about even a slight bloat....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't notice much bloating, but my bodyfat is still fairly high. I stick with neovar + ragnarok, neither of which has anything bloaty in it. But may as well stick thru the jug you have now, and try switching off next time you buy. thats a good idea anyhow, cause individual body chemistries are different anyhow.

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Ok so here's the final cut (started it today)

DCP
Drive
RPM
IGF-2
Relora
Purple Wrath
Probolic SR
Picamilon
Activite

Took 3 Drive, 3 RPM, 3 DCP, 3 IGF-2 on an empty stomach. Not bad at all, I was expecting to get nausea but did not. After 40 minutes I mixed two scoops of Purple Wrath & SR and headed off to the gym to work on shoulders & arms. I felt pretty strong throughout the workout and what I noticed most was the quick recovery rate btwn sets. I also followed this up with 25 minutes of cardio then was a breeze. Normally by the time I do cardio I am spent. After the WO I took 2 Drive, 2 RPM, 3 RPM, 1 Relora, 3 IGF-2, 2 Picamilon and then waited 30 min's before eating a grilled chicken sandwich and taking 4 Activites. However once I ate I did feel a little nausea, but it did go away after an hour. Then for the rest of the afternoon I felt really energized and did not eat until much later in the day. What I noticed was that I was prespiring most of the afternoon, which is good since it seems to indicatee that my metabolism is up. My last dose for the night will be 3 IGF-2, 2 picamilon, and 1 relora. Overall I really like the supplements so far and I just hope that I am dosing everything accordingly. Laslty, I was hoping to get a skin caliper to see what my current BF is and will likely post again once I determine what it is. I am hoping at the end of the run to see a significant drop in BF while adding some muscle in the process.

UPDATE: after taking the 3 IGF, 2 picamilon and 1 relora, and my probolic SR, I had trouble sleeping last night! Just what I was hoping to avoid. Any suggestions on how to avoid? Maybe I can't take the the IGF so late in the day or maybe it was something else?

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

UPDATE: after taking the 3 IGF, 2 picamilon and 1 relora, and my probolic SR, I had trouble sleeping last night! Just what I was hoping to avoid. Any suggestions on how to avoid? Maybe I can't take the the IGF so late in the day or maybe it was something else?
IGF-2 and Relora should not keep you awake. On the contrary, they should support deep sleep. You should take IGF-2 on an empty stomach, by the way, not with a protein shake. I do not know how much Picamilon you get per capsule, but a lot of it may be counter-productive. Finally, some individuals sleep well after eating (or taking a protein shake just before bed). Some others do not, especially after taking a sustained release protein that would basically challenge your system the entire night, instead of keeping you rested.

ALUISLUGO

Awards
IGF-2 and Relora should not keep you awake. On the contrary, they should support deep sleep. You should take IGF-2 on an empty stomach, by the way, not with a protein shake. I do not know how much Picamilon you get per capsule, but a lot of it may be counter-productive. Finally, some individuals sleep well after eating (or taking a protein shake just before bed). Some others do not, especially after taking a sustained release protein that would basically challenge your system the entire night, instead of keeping you rested.
Yes I normally try to take on a empty stomach, but I didn't think that a protein shake would matter that much since it's not a full meal. However I will follow your advice to the letter. BTW how long should I wait after a meal to take IGF-2?

As for the Picamilon, they are 50mg per capsule. I was taking 4 before bed. Based on the above I may curtail to two caps before retiring for the night.

Thanks!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yes I normally try to take on a empty stomach, but I didn't think that a protein shake would matter that much since it's not a full meal. However I will follow your advice to the letter. BTW how long should I wait after a meal to take IGF-2?

As for the Picamilon, they are 50mg per capsule. I was taking 4 before bed. Based on the above I may curtail to two caps before retiring for the night.

Thanks!
drink your shake and then an hour later take your IGF-2 and relora, this is proceeded by sleep!

ALUISLUGO

Awards
Hi,

Unfortuantely I got sick over the weekend (feels like fllu) and I stopped taking my stack since Friday because I could not go to the gym and felt like crap. I was also afraid that the supps would make me feel worse. So, I was wondering if this was a bad idea and I just should have continued with the DCP/Drive/RPM/Relora/IGF-2/Picamilon/P. Wrath or stopped?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its probably better to have stopped, just to be on the safe side, let your body relax a bit

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as I am concerned, whether or not one should stop supplementing while ill depends on the supplements one is taking. When I do not feel my best, I still continue to take supplements that contain compounds known to provide anti-oxidant support and boost the immune system.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
true, and compounds that really rely on buildup as well you have to make that determination on whether to scrap the cycle, or to just take it thru. for instance right now I am on x-factor, and decided to just continue taking it, but dropped a few other things the last few days as I was sick.

ALUISLUGO

Awards
As far as I am concerned, whether or not one should stop supplementing while ill depends on the supplements one is taking. When I do not feel my best, I still continue to take supplements that contain compounds known to provide anti-oxidant support and boost the immune system.
Sounds good. So then of the ones listed which ones should I have continued? Thank you.