RPM Caffeine & Arginine? How effective?

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine & Arginine?

Thought a NO + caffeine would cancel each other out (well cancel arginine since maybe the stimulant effect would still be felt from caffeine), isn't caf a vasoconstrictor and Arginine vasodilator?

I been beleiveing this since the NO product boom am I wrong?

Thanks

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Caffeine & Arginine?

Thought a NO + caffeine would cancel each other out (well cancel arginine since maybe the stimulant effect would still be felt from caffeine), isn't caf a vasoconstrictor and Arginine vasodilator?

I been beleiveing this since the NO product boom am I wrong?

Thanks
Caffeine and arginine in RPM are effective in the blend. It is useful, though, to recall that arginine is not necessarily nitric oxide. L-Arginine is the substrate for two enzymes, arginase and nitric oxide synthase. These enzymes compete against each other for the arginine metabolic pathway. The enzyme arginase converts arginine to ornithine and urea. Nitric oxide synthase converts arginine to nitric oxide, the potent vasodilator. A higher expression of the arginase enzyme leads to higher ornithine production, but less nitric oxide production. Now enters caffeine (methylxanthine caffeine). Caffeine inhibits arginase activity. It does this by inhibiting the so-called adenosine receptors, leading to higher levels of free adenosine. Now, adenosine, adenine, inosine, and uric acid, are known to be competitive arginase inhibitors. (BCAAs also demonstrate arginase-inhibitory effects, by the way). Furthermore, caffeine and caffeine-related compounds, such as theobromine, also produce arginase inhibition by raising norepinephrine and cAMP. Anyway, the caffeine-triggered arginase inhibition produces an elevated expression of the nitric-oxide synthase enzyme. This means even more nitric oxide can be produced from arginine, leading to stronger vasodilation (and pump). This is just a reference to caffeine and arginine. If one adds the nitric-oxide-synthase promoting effects of OPCs (in RPM), and the synergy from the rest of the compounds in the blend, then RPM's potency becomes easier to fathom.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Strat, seems you really know your RPM stuff, really appreciate.

BTW, I read somewhere that 6 drive caps would have more and less 50mg of forskholi is this tru for RPM? do they have almost the same amount of forskholi and cordyceps?

Thanks in advance

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks Strat, seems you really know your RPM stuff, really appreciate.

BTW, I read somewhere that 6 drive caps would have more and less 50mg of forskholi is this tru for RPM? do they have almost the same amount of forskholi and cordyceps?

Thanks in advance
Yes, six capsules of Drive would deliver about 50mg of Forskolin. RPM neither contains Forskolin nor Cordyceps. For convenience, here are the compounds in the various products:

Drive - Icariin, Forslean (Forskolin), Dodder Seed, Naringin, Cordyceps.

RPM - Icariin, Arginine, Grape Seed Extract, Naringin, Chocamine, Methyxanthine Anhydrous Caffeine.

Hope this helps.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
damn no **** iw as gonna say the same stuff

you guys make my job easier ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine and arginine in RPM are effective in the blend. It is useful, though, to recall that arginine is not necessarily nitric oxide. L-Arginine is the substrate for two enzymes, arginase and nitric oxide synthase. These enzymes compete against each other for the arginine metabolic pathway. The enzyme arginase converts arginine to ornithine and urea. Nitric oxide synthase converts arginine to nitric oxide, the potent vasodilator. A higher expression of the arginase enzyme leads to higher ornithine production, but less nitric oxide production. Now enters caffeine (methylxanthine caffeine). Caffeine inhibits arginase activity. It does this by inhibiting the so-called adenosine receptors, leading to higher levels of free adenosine. Now, adenosine, adenine, inosine, and uric acid, are known to be competitive arginase inhibitors. (BCAAs also demonstrate arginase-inhibitory effects, by the way). Furthermore, caffeine and caffeine-related compounds, such as theobromine, also produce arginase inhibition by raising norepinephrine and cAMP. Anyway, the caffeine-triggered arginase inhibition produces an elevated expression of the nitric-oxide synthase enzyme. This means even more nitric oxide can be produced from arginine, leading to stronger vasodilation (and pump). This is just a reference to caffeine and arginine. If one adds the nitric-oxide-synthase promoting effects of OPCs (in RPM), and the synergy from the rest of the compounds in the blend, then RPM's potency becomes easier to fathom.
How would Agmatine Sulfate work with RPM. I have been taking them together pre-workout for some time and have been making awesome progress.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
How would Agmatine Sulfate work with RPM. I have been taking them together pre-workout for some time and have been making awesome progress.
I believe there will be a lot of synergy between them. Agmatine sulfate, although related to arginine, appears to be more versatile than arginine and may provide significantly broader-ranging benefits beyond nitric-oxide synthesis.