Budget Ergogenics dosing

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received my Budget Ergogenics order, and I just wanted to check on dosing. From this article on banaba's effects

Banaba Extract Supports Healthy Blood Glucose and Body Weight

it seems that starting on 100mg once a day, and slowly raising to 3xdaily is most beneficial.

Banaba Extract:
Balances blood sugar

Regulates insulin levels

Supports healthy weight loss
Banaba is a botanical extract that comes from the leaves of the banaba tree. In Southeast Asia and the Philippines, the leaves are traditionally used as an herbal medicine to treat diabetes and hyperglycemia (elevated blood sugar).

Corosolic acid, a triterpenoid found in the leaves, helps regulate blood sugar by stimulating glucose uptake. This blood sugar lowering effect is similar to that of insulin—which induces glucose transport from the blood into body cells.2,3 Animal studies have shown it to be effective for treating both diabetes and obesity.3-5

Researchers have found that corosolic acid is not the only active ingredient in banaba leaves. Studies show that Banaba extract contains at least three other active ingredients—lager-stroemin, flosin B and reginin A. These natural phytochemicals regulate glucose uptake, and could be responsible for lowering blood glucose levels.6,7
On the doder seed, it is listed as 475mg of 20:1 extract. I'm having a much harder time figuring out a good daily dosage structure for this. mouse studies are done with as high as 300mg/kg of bodyweight, but I can't find the extract ratio.

Any ideas on this one?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Those are 2 awesome ingredients to have standalone to throw on a stack.... I'm jealous!!!
I'm interested to see what Dirk recommends on dosing of these. I assume however the dose you're looking to do may be slightly dependent on what other products you intend to run simultaneously. Do you have these planned already?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure, I was considering using the banaba along with neovar, so i'm assuming around 100mg in 3-4 neovar as one dose, so i'd use it for 2 other meals.

the dodder seed is very interesting from what reading i'm seeing. I'm not sure whether it would be worth taking alongside with Drive to add a little to the dose or whether that would throw off the balances of other ingredients. What i've found so far for dosage would be somewhere between 240mg-720mg at this extraction per day if i'm doing the math right. not sure if more is better, probably not :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received my Budget Ergogenics order, and I just wanted to check on dosing. From this article on banaba's effects

Banaba Extract Supports Healthy Blood Glucose and Body Weight

it seems that starting on 100mg once a day, and slowly raising to 3xdaily is most beneficial.
Great decision to get Banaba. I think how much that would work for you depends on a few things, including your body weight and metabolism. I also have AN's Banaba Extract standardized for 1% corosolic acid. At about 240 lbs, I always take two capsules of Banaba (200mg Banaba, giving 2mg of corosolic acid) with my lunch, to take advantage of the compound's nutrient partitioning properties.
Considering that I currently take NeoVar with my breakfast and dinner, and dosing NeoVar at 5 or 6 capsules each round, I do not take additional Banaba with NeoVar on non-training days, as I believe the Banaba in those many NeoVar capsules would be enough. I estimate every capsule of NeoVar contains about 100mg (may be wrong!) of Banaba, implying I take about 5mg or 6mg of Banaba per dose of NeoVar. This works for me.

On training days, I take an extra dose of 2 capsules of Banaba with my post-workout dose of 6 NeoVar capsules.

Hope this helps.

On the doder seed, it is listed as 475mg of 20:1 extract. I'm having a much harder time figuring out a good daily dosage structure for this. mouse studies are done with as high as 300mg/kg of bodyweight, but I can't find the extract ratio.

Any ideas on this one?
My AN Dodder Seed Extract has 600mg of 20:1 extract. My major motivation for ordering it is to assist in loading cellular concentrations of Dodder Seed, in addition to Dodder from Drive, without overly hiking my dose of Drive.
Accordingly, I always take my additional Dodder Seed supplementation with Drive/RPM/IGF-2. I take 2 capsules of Dodder Seed Extract 600mg 20:1 Extract with my Drive/RPM/IGF-2 on an empty stomach pre-breakfast. The second dose of another two Dodder Seed Extract with my second dose of Drive/RPM/IGF-2 post-lunch on any empty stomach. On workout days, the second dose is about an hour or so before workout.
This protocol has been successful. I have seen satisfactory improvements in lean mass, reduction of body fat, significant improvements in muscle-hardening, and most importantly, anti-catabolic effects. I notice this muscle preservation even after missing training sessions for different reasons. While all this cannot be attributed to Dodder Seed alone, it has definitely helped considerably in many areas. I believe my gains are superior to those I would have obtained without additional Dodder supplementation.

If it interests you, I also take additional Naringin and Safed Musli, all AN budget ergogenics.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the banaba dosage makes sense, no easy way to tell how much is in neovar. At that kind of dosing even (6 caps a day) for its price it is a much better nutrient repartitioner than others i've tried. Its even competitive with bulk powder, but way more convenient.

I'm still less sure on dodder seed though. That seems like a high dosage to me. I've only found a handful of other supplements out there that include dodder seed, but after adjustment for extract they would be something in the 200mg range vs this for a daily dose. Hopefully dirk can chime in :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, Dirk can always chime in. As far as he was concerned, though, my dosing protocol and the reasoning behind it were fully intact.

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its hard to find much out there with dodder seed in it i'm finding :)

wolverine1971

Awards
does anyone have a link to these products. I went to the AN site but couldn't find anything

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Well i have been using Gymnena Extract (260mg 75% gymnemic acids) and Banaba extract (60 mg 2% corosolic acid) for about 2 weeks now and ive actually been eating like shiit. Its been the holidays and i just began taking 2 caps of each with every meal, whether it was a cheat meal or part of my diet. Let me tell you, the bloat i have always had in my face has subsided and i have seemed to drop some bodyfat while my arms have grown larger. I never responded to AP or yellow gold but get FREAKY looking in the gym from P-slin.

So i took the ingredients of p-slin for about 18 bucks total for 4 bottles and now im ballin. I love this shiit and its now gonna be a staple for a while to come. Im also going to be adding in some bitter mellon extract pretty soon to the mix because it shuttles carbs as WELL as aminos into muscle cells which is definately a huge plus.

Oh yeah, I also ordered more p-slin because i have yet to find the ingredients in the same very potent extract that pslin is. I plan to keep using it pre workout and continue to get SWOLE.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
budget ergo? is this a site or are you guys just ordering this stuff and nicknaming it budget ergonomics

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
budget ergo? is this a site or are you guys just ordering this stuff and nicknaming it budget ergonomics
No, it is not a site. To inquire, you need to send an e-mail to the address Lanbane provided in an earlier post. The idea is to offer interested users a chance to obtain some of the active ingredients in AN's products as standalone nutrients (at the usual high potency and quality that AN has become associated with) at affordable (budget) prices. The user can then flexibly use these separate compounds to bias his stack in favour of one compound or the other, if he so wishes. These standalone compounds are ergogenics in the nutritional sense. This means they primarily support increases in muscle tissue/protein synthesis, help elevate energy supplies, optimize energy production in muscle tissue, improve mental strength, and general performance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a list with ingredient options?
There is really no official list, as far as I know. These are generally ingredients used in some of AN's products. Contact rms80 ( [email protected] ) for quotes on the ingredients that interest you. Considering his current schedule, it might take some extra time to sort this out, if he has them in stock. But, it is still worth giving it a try.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its temporarily on hold sadly. Too busy with everything else from what i've heard