Drive & blood sugar levels

Nunchaku

Awards
Hi guys, although this is my first post i´ve been reading this forum for a long time. Anyway, i've been taking Drive for the last week, 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps before training and I have gotten an unexpected side effect.

Im a type 1 diabetic and I have noticed that whenever I take drive I seem to go hypo which i can see on my blood glucose meter. Now, i have skipped some dosages just to see if maybe its just a coincidence, but it seems everytime i take drive i get the same effect.

Also, I want to add that i have used Anabolic Pump and R-ALA before, and while those makes me more hungry and might ocassionally give me some hypo symptoms, they have never actually affected my blood sugar levels.

So my question is do you know which of the ingredients could be causing this, and has anyone else expierenced this??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't recall hearing this directly although from my personal experience taking drive felt better with more carbs than on a CKD type diet. not that it felt bad without carbs, but was even better with. I'll do some research on it and get back.

Nunchaku

Awards
The naringin is my best guess.
bingo! just found this:
The hypoglycemic effects of hesperidin and naringin are partly mediated by hepatic glucose-regulating enzymes in C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice.
J Nutr. 2004 Oct;134(10):2499-503.
Dietary antioxidant compounds such as bioflavonoids may offer some protection against the early stage of diabetes mellitus and the development of complications. We investigated the effect of citrus bioflavonoids on blood glucose level, hepatic glucose-regulating enzymes activities, hepatic glycogen concentration, and plasma insulin levels, and assessed the relations between plasma leptin and body weight, blood glucose, and plasma insulin. The current results suggest that hesperidin and naringin both play important roles in preventing the progression of hyperglycemia, partly by increasing hepatic glycolysis and glycogen concentration and/or by lowering hepatic gluconeogenesis.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
bingo! just found this:
The hypoglycemic effects of hesperidin and naringin are partly mediated by hepatic glucose-regulating enzymes in C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice.
J Nutr. 2004 Oct;134(10):2499-503.
Dietary antioxidant compounds such as bioflavonoids may offer some protection against the early stage of diabetes mellitus and the development of complications. We investigated the effect of citrus bioflavonoids on blood glucose level, hepatic glucose-regulating enzymes activities, hepatic glycogen concentration, and plasma insulin levels, and assessed the relations between plasma leptin and body weight, blood glucose, and plasma insulin. The current results suggest that hesperidin and naringin both play important roles in preventing the progression of hyperglycemia, partly by increasing hepatic glycolysis and glycogen concentration and/or by lowering hepatic gluconeogenesis.
Naringin and cordyceps both can have this effect :)

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Very weird. I am a type 1 also. But I get the exact opposite effect. My blood sugar gets higher every time. Its as if it makes me insulin resistant almost. Whenever I take them on empty stomach if my blood sugar is in normal range it will make it rise significantly. If i take it with food shortly after I have to use 2-3 times as much insulin to bring me back to normal. I have been studying this with RPM then Drive for a few months now. I wish it would make me go hypo and not raise it. IGF-2 seems to be doing the same thing with me I have been using it for 2 weeks now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you ever tried neovar ronnie (with banaba) ?

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
No I have not. I was told not to by rms80 specificly.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I guess its quite questionable how the nutrient partitioners work with diabetes. I thought I saw a study on it.

Ah I did, but it was type II not type I

In humans with type II diabetes, banaba extract, at a dose of 16-48 mg per day for 4-8 weeks, has been shown to be effective in reducing blood sugar levels (5%-30% reduction) and maintaining tighter control of blood sugar fluctuations.

Nunchaku

Awards
Very weird. I am a type 1 also. But I get the exact opposite effect. My blood sugar gets higher every time. Its as if it makes me insulin resistant almost. Whenever I take them on empty stomach if my blood sugar is in normal range it will make it rise significantly. If i take it with food shortly after I have to use 2-3 times as much insulin to bring me back to normal. I have been studying this with RPM then Drive for a few months now. I wish it would make me go hypo and not raise it. IGF-2 seems to be doing the same thing with me I have been using it for 2 weeks now.
man thats wierd. What insulin do you use? im on lantus and humalog. Does this happen if you only take drive?
Anyway, be happy you're not going hypo, cause thats not so pleasant when you're in the gym. I'm thinking maybe I can take drive before an asian buffé or ice cream, see how it helps there =p

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
man thats wierd. What insulin do you use? im on lantus and humalog. Does this happen if you only take drive?
Anyway, be happy you're not going hypo, cause thats not so pleasant when you're in the gym. I'm thinking maybe I can take drive before an asian buffé or ice cream, see how it helps there =p
Not recommended :)

You can carb up on Drive, and it works great, but you have to keep the meal low in saturated fat- there is something in forskolin that does not allow your body to process saturated fat in a normal way- so if you take Drive and eat Chinese Buffet- there is a fairly strong chance you will get the ****s.....unless it is low fat noodles or rice- then it works great :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must be completely adapted to forskolin at this point then as I never get loose movements anymore

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I must be completely adapted to forskolin at this point then as I never get loose movements anymore
You generally get used to it after about 1-2 weeks, if you have any issues at all :)

Nunchaku

Awards
Not recommended :)

You can carb up on Drive, and it works great, but you have to keep the meal low in saturated fat- there is something in forskolin that does not allow your body to process saturated fat in a normal way- so if you take Drive and eat Chinese Buffet- there is a fairly strong chance you will get the ****s.....unless it is low fat noodles or rice- then it works great :D
Hmm now that you mention it, that has happened but I didnt think drive was the cause. Too bad, cause I love ice cream and buffé´s but my blood sugar rises like an hour after i finished my meal. So Drive would´ve had som potential there :food:
Well, I have to find some way of using up my 2 bottles of the metallic pills, so i´m gonna experiment a little with it to see what works best for me.
The effects i´ve seen so far are huge increase in libido and the drop in blood sugar.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm noticing hypo symptoms from drive as well. It's particularly prevalent during my more intense workouts, where I start to get the shakes towards the end of the workout. I'm low carbing right now which is likely contributing, but I might need to take in a small amount of carbohydrates pre/during the more intensive workouts.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
was wondering about this too as I have felt that also if I wait too liong to eat after taking Drive.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
I'm on a insulin pump with Humalog and use about 100-150 units a day.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
was wondering about this too as I have felt that also if I wait too liong to eat after taking Drive.
Yup- just take in some carbs (simple or complex, doesn't matter)- and you will be fine..

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
I'm lost why I'm getting the exact opposite effect. Today I took 6 Drive pre workout with the only thing in my stomach was 25g's of whey and my starting out bloodsugar was 67 which is a little low. So I go to gym and do arms and abs approximately about an hour the go tan. 2 hours later my bloodsugar normally would have been even lower or right around the same but it came out as 260. It would take around 50+ carbs to get it that high when I had none. I have to literally use 3 times the amount of insulin when I take this.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm lost why I'm getting the exact opposite effect. Today I took 6 Drive pre workout with the only thing in my stomach was 25g's of whey and my starting out bloodsugar was 67 which is a little low. So I go to gym and do arms and abs approximately about an hour the go tan. 2 hours later my bloodsugar normally would have been even lower or right around the same but it came out as 260. It would take around 50+ carbs to get it that high when I had none. I have to literally use 3 times the amount of insulin when I take this.
Pretty lost myself- that is a weird reaction...