Big for my Birthday

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I will turn 22 years old this Tuesday, and just realized how much I have changed this past year both mentally and physically. I won't go into the details about my "mental/emotional" changes, but my physical changes are nothing short of dramatic.

From 5'8 165 to 5'8 191 lbs.

From running 30 miles a week (while being able to run a 18-minute 3-mile). I was also able to run a 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds.

My lifting consisted of lots of pull-ups and compound movements but with bodyweight or external load that wasn't insanely heavy.

One year ago I did not even deadlift.

My squat was 175 lbs. My bench was 200 lbs. *(Yes, my bench was better than my squat).

------------

One year later and my BODY weight is up 25 lbs. My bench is up to 290. My squat is getting close to 350. My deadlift is 15 lbs shy of 500 lbs. I can do 5 pull ups with 70 lbs attached to me. I can do 9 dips with 85 lbs held between my feet. I am dumbbell benching 120 lb dumbbells.

*I don't run anymore.

*I still sprint, but no more than twice a week. If I want to really cut, I might add in some steady-state but high pace running and intervals (tabata or something).

Anyway...I just realized that in one year I made big improvements and changes, even if 12-15 lbs came off of a 5 week Epistane cycle, the gains continued on after that and I was gaining before Epistane.

*Running ruins results is the take-home message.

*Applied Nutriceuticals maks great products that produce results close to but with total safety than compared to PHs.

I'd like to thank them for that. Drugs can be a slippery slope, because well, they work. In this case, these supplements do work, but they also won't hurt you in tandem.

Great stuff... and next year, I can't wait to see what changes I've made to further propel my closer to my goals. It's going to take more than a year, that's for sure, but someday I will be standing at 5'8 with 225 lbs at 8% body fat.

*I went in to deadlift today, felt great and haven't maxed for a while. I missed my first attempt at 500 lbs. I rested for 4 minutes, told myself I could do it, and even had a guy tell me to back off and stop for the day. I decided to make a second attempt and absolutely nailed it. Maybe the RPM kicked in?

500 lb deadlift now!

Last edited:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Good findings, I find sprints do wonders for gains, and that long distance running slows them down, but does wonders for stamina.

I think partitioning is key, I do a good hike on the bike to boost stamina, once a week a day away from any other training with a good diet and EAA in my drink bottle. I also do sprints twice a week. I only train weights twice a week, upper and lower split.

I do think stamina is important for motivation, but not gaining is pretty de motivating, so keep on tweaking and work out what's right for you.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will turn 22 years old this Tuesday, and just realized how much I have changed this past year both mentally and physically. I won't go into the details about my "mental/emotional" changes, but my physical changes are nothing short of dramatic.

From 5'8 165 to 5'8 191 lbs.

From running 30 miles a week (while being able to run a 18-minute 3-mile). I was also able to run a 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds.

My lifting consisted of lots of pull-ups and compound movements but with bodyweight or external load that wasn't insanely heavy.

One year ago I did not even deadlift.

My squat was 175 lbs. My bench was 200 lbs. *(Yes, my bench was better than my squat).

------------

One year later and my BODY weight is up 25 lbs. My bench is up to 290. My squat is getting close to 350. My deadlift is 15 lbs shy of 500 lbs. I can do 5 pull ups with 70 lbs attached to me. I can do 9 dips with 85 lbs held between my feet. I am dumbbell benching 120 lb dumbbells.

*I don't run anymore.

*I still sprint, but no more than twice a week. If I want to really cut, I might add in some steady-state but high pace running and intervals (tabata or something).

Anyway...I just realized that in one year I made big improvements and changes, even if 12-15 lbs came off of a 5 week Epistane cycle, the gains continued on after that and I was gaining before Epistane.

*Running ruins results is the take-home message.

*Applied Nutriceuticals maks great products that produce results close to but with total safety than compared to PHs.

I'd like to thank them for that. Drugs can be a slippery slope, because well, they work. In this case, these supplements do work, but they also won't hurt you in tandem.

Great stuff... and next year, I can't wait to see what changes I've made to further propel my closer to my goals. It's going to take more than a year, that's for sure, but someday I will be standing at 5'8 with 225 lbs at 8% body fat.

*I went in to deadlift today, felt great and haven't maxed for a while. I missed my first attempt at 500 lbs. I rested for 4 minutes, told myself I could do it, and even had a guy tell me to back off and stop for the day. I decided to make a second attempt and absolutely nailed it. Maybe the RPM kicked in?

500 lb deadlift now!
And posts like this make my job worth the effort!!! You just made my day bro-your results are nothing short of phenomenal!!!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
And posts like this make my job worth the effort!!! You just made my day bro-your results are nothing short of phenomenal!!!
I hope these kinds of things do make you feel good. I'm not blowing smoke and I'm not lying about my "e-stats" and whatnot, I'm just honestly delighted with my results and the supplements that are one small part of helping me to achieve them. So, I thank you for doing what you do.

I'd say that the order of variables, in importance, as far as strength training goes is: diet, exercise selection, exercise parameters, recovery, supplements, and then gym atmosphere.

While supplements may not be the highest priority, I find that they do help you to mentally dial in better, and they are also sort of like the icing on the cake of a well planned regimen.

But without the icing, cake aint so tasty.