Osteobolin-C for Dogs?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I guess this question is geared towards rms, especially since he has a Bully.

Any concerns about hip dysplasia?

I feed my Bully the Eukanuba LARGE BREED which has Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate

I am just wondering how Cissus would be for her. I know sometimes when she wakes up, she moves real slow. She is a rough dog, we go out and play ball daily and she goes all out...Very high pain tolerence, one time she ran through the fence chasing her ball...

I just want to make sure she stays healthy. Maybe buy some Bulk Cissus if Osteobolin-C ran too costly...

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, this stuff would be good for your girlfriend X :thumbsup: ;)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yea, this stuff would be good for your girlfriend X :thumbsup: ;)
What is with all the hostility?

Do I go to your threads and post random nonsense posts???

Hahahaha focker. You better give it to yer gyrl, because after all the positions I put her in, she will need it....but by the time you get her back, she will be able to bend over backwards and lick ur balls as you bang her...

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you raise a very good question - i wonder if cissus would be good for my dog as well----????

and come on myth - we all know he was talking about your GF!!! lol

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Hahahaha focker. You better give it to yer gyrl, because after all the positions I put her in, she will need it....but by the time you get her back, she will be able to bend over backwards and lick ur balls as you bang her...
O SNAP! LOL:duel:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

LO Freakin L!

Don't know where rms is, but OSteobolin C should be fine for dogs. Dosage might be a bit tougher to come up with...... I'd dose low for awhile to gauge effects. Look into Tahitian Noni juice also...... too long of a story to type, but it'd be worth the money and effort. 2-3 tablespoons in a small bowl of water/day.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I give my dog cissus. Went from limping to running. Not too worried about long term sides though, since he's 13 :p

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
LO Freakin L!

Don't know where rms is, but OSteobolin C should be fine for dogs. Dosage might be a bit tougher to come up with...... I'd dose low for awhile to gauge effects. Look into Tahitian Noni juice also...... too long of a story to type, but it'd be worth the money and effort. 2-3 tablespoons in a small bowl of water/day.
Thanks for the tip...

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I feed my Bully the Eukanuba LARGE BREED which has Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate

I am just wondering how Cissus would be for her. I know sometimes when she wakes up, she moves real slow. She is a rough dog, we go out and play ball daily and she goes all out...Very high pain tolerence, one time she ran through the fence chasing her ball...

I just want to make sure she stays healthy. Maybe buy some Bulk Cissus if Osteobolin-C ran too costly...
Mugsy and I used to play a game when he was a puppy- he would grab something of value (Ipod, nice shoe, watch, money, etc.) and run away with it in an effort to get me to chase him. I always did, and as long as I chased after him- he would never destroy it......One day he grabbed one of my track spikes and took off like a shot- he was actually looking back at me, and ran straight into a water heater (broke the f'in thing when he ran into it)!!!

He dislocated his shoulder, and was in pretty bad shape- they gave him Rimadyl, and it ****ed him up so bad he could barely walk. Well, I had a light-bulb moment, and I decided to give him some cissus to help him speed the healing process- the injury normally takes 3 weeks to heal, but he healed within 8 days!!!! I gave some to my neighbor- he has a miniature poodle that has been walking on 3 legs for 2 years b/c of arthritis- he started giving her 1 Osteo-C a day, and she is back to running around on 4 legs, even though she is 16 years old....

So yes, cissus works very well for dogs- just dose your dog according to the recommendations on the Osteo-C bottle- cissus works a TON better than G&C or MSM- it is definitely work a try- as long as your bully does not mind being pilled...

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
so wait..give them the cap or break it open?..i have a boxer she is only 18 months but the way she jumps and runs around i am worried she is going to hurt her back or throw her hips out..be great is i could do some preventive while she is young

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Thanks, rms.
She is around 90lbs, and doesn't mind most pills. I use to share my amino tabs with her. She ate those up with no problems...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
so wait..give them the cap or break it open?..i have a boxer she is only 18 months but the way she jumps and runs around i am worried she is going to hurt her back or throw her hips out..be great is i could do some preventive while she is young
Maybe give her a cap wrapped in cheese, and see what happens?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
Maybe give her a cap wrapped in cheese, and see what happens?
thats how i usually give her a pill..think i will try it now..hope this works my whole fam are dog lovers..you just may have sold some extra bottles of O-c..lol

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I hear ya. My sister has a boxer with a bum hip. So I am very interested if this will help her.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Somewhat unrelated but hopefully this helps.

My little jack russel aka nutjob gets fish oil ED and her mobility and coat has greatly improved.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Somewhat unrelated but hopefully this helps.

My little jack russel aka nutjob gets fish oil ED and her mobility and coat has greatly improved.
You're my kinda guy, Bull. Not in a homo way.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was just going to make a thread similar to this.. My dog ruptured her cruciate ligament(acl) and i planned on giving her some cissus untill her surgery, and after the surgery.. Glad to see you all have had great results with it!

Rms- You think she would be good with 2 pills a day? She weighs about 70lbs. ALso what do you think of the 5% vs 10%?

I also give them Salmon oil, and good quaity feed..

Thanks-

Last edited:
johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
My dogs both have big issues. My bully has bad hips, and brittle bones. My cane corso has two bad ACLs/knees (is going for surgery on friday for one of them).

After learning about cissus, I started researching it for my dogs and discovered this study, and based dosages on it for them. Cissus appears to make them sleepy, that is about all I have noticed so far.

I hope this helps, and I hope your dogs stay healthy.

Division of Surgery
Indian Veterinary Research Institute
Izatnagar-243122, India

(Received January 25, 2006; accepted September 10, 2006)

Abstract

Maiti, S.K., Saravanan, B., Singh, G.R., Kumar, N., Hoque, M., Lal, J. and Kalicharan. 2007. Evaluation of the herb, Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating the healing process of femur osteotomies in dogs. J. Appl. Anim. Res., 31: 47-52.

To evaluate the efficacy of the herb, Cissus quadrangularis Linn as an adjunct to internal fixation in bone healing in dogs, unilateral comminuted diaphyseal femoral osteotomy was created under general anaesthesia and immobilized with neutralization bone plate. All animals received routine postoperative treatment. In group B, additionally ethanolic extract of the herb was applied on skin surface twice a day along with subcutaneous injection (50 mg/ kg body wt) on every alternate day for 20 days postoperatively. Early resolution of inflammatory signs and weight bearing were observed in animals of group B. Accelerated bone healing with complete bridging of comminuted fragments, extensive bony deposition along with periosteal and medullary continuity across the osteotomies site in the animals of group B were observed. Whereas, the process was relatively slow and the union was incomplete on day 60 in the animals of group A (control). It is concluded that Cissus quadrangularis accelerated the fracture healing.

A study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of methanolic extract of Cissus quadrangularis Linn (CQ) on the healing process of experimentally fractured radius-ulna of dog. CQ treated animals revealed faster initiation of healing process than the control animals on radiological and histopathological examinations. The treated group also revealed a decrease in serum calcium level to a greater extent than the control group. Healing was almost complete on 21 st day of fracture in the treated animals and remained incomplete in the control animals. No significant alteration of serum calcium level was observed on 21 st day of fracture in both the groups.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My dogs both have big issues. My bully has bad hips, and brittle bones. My cane corso has two bad ACLs/knees (is going for surgery on friday for one of them).

After learning about cissus, I started researching it for my dogs and discovered this study, and based dosages on it for them. Cissus appears to make them sleepy, that is about all I have noticed so far.

I hope this helps, and I hope your dogs stay healthy.
Yea bro, those Acl injuries are a *****.. I had 1 dog rupture one this year, and now my girl tore hers! I could do without the 3k surgeries..lol Guess that is the price ya pay for having an active dog huh?

Side note Cane Corso's are pretty bad ass!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, 3 grand for surgery, sucks!

Hopefully she doesn't blow her other one any time soon, because I can't afford the surgery again for a while. She's already had one expensive surgery when she broke her femur at the growth plate when she was a puppy about two years ago, thankfully that has healed up very nice. She's an expensive freaking dog!

I wish I had done pet health insurance...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, 3 grand for surgery, sucks!

Hopefully she doesn't blow her other one any time soon, because I can't afford the surgery again for a while. She's already had one expensive surgery when she broke her femur at the growth plate when she was a puppy about two years ago, thankfully that has healed up very nice. She's an expensive freaking dog!

I wish I had done pet health insurance...
Bro, get it NOW. They don't cover the Acl for 1yr, but atleast you will be covered if it goes. The only good thing about the Acl is, that it isn't that urgent of a surgery and they can go for a while before it needs to be done.

Good luck, wish you guys the best. The hardest part is the damn recovery!

Thanos

Thanos

Awards

This is a really great question. Coming from the pet industry background I have often wondered if there was anything that could help our larger or older 4 legged friends. Despite their best efforts most of the dog foods about 3-4 years ago only really had trace amounts of GL and chon and absorbtion rates are questionable as it is.Hopefully thats changed a bit. Having lost a saint bernard at only age 7 I began searching for alternatives as well. Having a perfectly health dog put down cause he couldnt walk was hell. I have been giving my female saint 1 osteobolin c per day(she is only 130# and just turned 8) and she has no real signs of slowing sown and has actually ran more than usual outside with me and been way more active. I cant tell if shes tired from it as she has lounged the good life since shes was 2 =) and its normal for her to be kinda lazy. We do walk several times a week.Her normal food does have some glucosamine in in it. I didnt see what kind of bully you have. I do know the English Bullldigs can have stomach issues so start slow with the does. If its american they seem to be way less sensitive.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
. I do know the English Bullldigs can have stomach issues so start slow with the does. If its american they seem to be way less sensitive.
Is there issues that EB's DONT have? lol Sorry.. love em, but damn are they prone to allot of issues.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I didnt see what kind of bully you have. I do know the English Bullldigs can have stomach issues so start slow with the does. If its american they seem to be way less sensitive.

Thanks for the feedback. I have an American Bulldog.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Post a pic- mine are like my children :)
Man i hear that..lol

American Bulldog's are cool as hell. I have a few friends with them. Throw up your doggies RMS!

Here is my lil girl after her bath last night..lol

Cerberus777

Cerberus777

Awards
Hey I am a dog trainer and nutritionist. cissus is great for a dog my Dogo Argentina has bad hips and helps her out a lot(unfortunately I got her at 4 years old). I give it to my pit for an ounce of prevention. Poor early diet and spaying to early causes most joint problems.
I would recommend a raw natural diet or a really good dog food.

Most dog foods are not good for your dog even if you pay $40+ for it. I also work for one of the big companies that sell dog food and could get it for free and still won't feed it to my dogs.

If it is not against the rules I can mention some good brands. You would be surprised that what most people think is good for their dog is junk. Vets recommend dog food that they get kick backs for just like the Pharmaceutical companies do with our doctors.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That dog right there is a STUD... girl or not.
LOL! Thanks bro. She is really something else. Awesome personality aswell.

Hey I am a dog trainer and nutritionist. cissus is great for a dog my Dogo Argentina has bad hips and helps her out a lot(unfortunately I got her at 4 years old). I give it to my pit for an ounce of prevention. Poor early diet and spaying to early causes most joint problems.
I would recommend a raw natural diet or a really good dog food.

Most dog foods are not good for your dog even if you pay $40+ for it. I also work for one of the big companies that sell dog food and could get it for free and still won't feed it to my dogs.

If it is not against the rules I can mention some good brands. You would be surprised that what most people think is good for their dog is junk. Vets recommend dog food that they get kick backs for just like the Pharmaceutical companies do with our doctors.
Lets hear it. I am currently feeding Innova Evo RF, and Innova Large Breed Adult..

I have tried a Raw(barf) diet before, and it worked out pretty well, but i had better results with INNOVA.

What do you feel are some good feeds?

Cerberus777

Cerberus777

Awards
Inova evo is probably the best thing next raw. Abby, Solid Gold and Wellness are also making a grain free food. There are many dried or frozen raw foods made these days. I would give fish oil alond with any pre packaged food since it gose ransid.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Inova evo is probably the best thing next raw. Abby, Solid Gold and Wellness are also making a grain free food. There are many dried or frozen raw foods made these days. I would give fish oil alond with any pre packaged food since it gose ransid.
I suppliment them 2tsp a day artic salmon oil;)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I saw the Evo, and debated on it. Will pick up a bag next time around....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I saw the Evo, and debated on it. Will pick up a bag next time around....
Evo is great. I have fed it straight, but also have had AWESOME results mixing evo reduced fat, with innova large breed adult(or puppy) 50/50...

Cerberus777

Cerberus777

Awards
Most of my clients that dont feed raw feed the Evo reg or reduced fat but add a Tblsp of fis oil (imprezivr6 tha is ideal for a dog her size up it if you breed her)for every 25lbs of body weight.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Most of my clients that dont feed raw feed the Evo reg or reduced fat but add a Tblsp of fis oil (imprezivr6 tha is ideal for a dog her size up it if you breed her)for every 25lbs of body weight.
Tbl spoon for every 25lbs? That is ALLOT of fat/cals. She is doing well where she is currently. Most manufacturers reccomend 1tsp per 25lbs, a tbl spoon is allot of oil.

If i fed her that much fat a day she would be a heffer..lol

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aww ****! Man i love those dogs.. How old, and both male?
Mugsy is a male-2 years old
Bianca (female- that would be mean to name a male that ;))- 1 year old :)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Brown one is the dog that just came out of surgery. She is doing ok, her other leg is doing pretty bad now though. We got them both on health care now though at least.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Brown one is the dog that just came out of surgery. She is doing ok, her other leg is doing pretty bad now though. We got them both on health care now though at least.

The white AB looks EXACTLY like Bianca :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will try to post a pic..

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
dude, you better not STILL be working on posting that pic..... lol