Dhuge's IGF-2 Log

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Day 0 - Weight 187

Currently training on Christian Thibaudeau's Superhero program with powerlifts added in.

I'll be starting IGF-2 tomorrow, as I begin my second week of Havoc post cycle therapy. I'm hoping that it will help my strength levels stay high and help to get my test levels up. I'm only taking 20 mg of Nolva in the morning and Retain in the AM, post workout, and pre-bed.

If an AN mod is displeased by this idea for the cycle, given that the IGF-2 was provided for me, then I will hold off and do the log outside of my post cycle therapy.

--Been taking 6-oxo as my test booster, but am wondering if IGF-2 would knock this out or is it okay to run them concurrently?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's an excellent idea Huge! It will definetly help with PCT. If you can, pick up some RPM for yoru PCT as well, it REALLY helps with the recovery. ;)

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I think it's an excellent idea Huge! It will definetly help with post cycle therapy. If you can, pick up some RPM for yoru PCT as well, it REALLY helps with the recovery. ;)
I have some! I had been using it from the middle to the end of my cycle and still have about 1/4 of the bottle left (been varying the dose). Thanks for the input!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
How long have you been doing CT's SHP?

I thought it was pretty solid, other than the lack of leg work....

I have been doing his 52 week workout....

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been doing CT's SHP?

I thought it was pretty solid, other than the lack of leg work....

I have been doing his 52 week workout....
Just began it, and am going to make up for the lack of leg work by adding in my own, since my legs lag anyway. I just like the set/rep scheme change compared to my lower rep work that I've been doing for far too long.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Took 3 IGF-2 caps with breakfast, 3 more with lunch about 90 minutes pre-workout, and will take the final 3 with my final meal.

Okay, today's workout:

Wedensday (Quads/Hams/Biceps/Triceps)

A1. Back squat
155 x 15, 165x10, 205 x 8, 135 x 20

A2. Romanian deadlift
225 x 12, 225 x 10, 245 x 8, 225 x 15

B1. Barbell curl
85 x 6-8 reps

B2. Close-grip decline pressReplaced with towel-grip pull ups
Bodyweight x 6-8 reps

C1. Preacher curl
75 x 10-12 reps

C2. Decline dumbbell triceps extension
75 x 10-12 reps

D1. Hammer curl
40s x 12-15 reps

D2. Cable triceps extension
Cable set to 30lbs x 12-15 reps

Felt good throughout the workout, was pretty tired from the deadlifts since they're high rep ones, and since I'm in post cycle therapy i've just felt more tired than usual anyway.

Weight was: 187 (holding steady)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Took 3 IGF-2 caps with breakfast, 3 more with lunch about 90 minutes pre-workout, and will take the final 3 with my final meal.

Okay, today's workout:

Wedensday (Quads/Hams/Biceps/Triceps)

A1. Back squat
1 x 15, 1 x 12, 1 x 8, 1 x 20

A2. Romanian deadlift
1 x 12, 1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 15

B1. Barbell curl
3 x 6-8 reps

B2. Close-grip decline pressReplaced with towel-grip pull ups
3 x 6-8 reps

C1. Preacher curl
3 x 10-12 reps

C2. Decline dumbbell triceps extension
3 x 10-12 reps

D1. Hammer curl
3 x 12-15 reps

D2. Cable triceps extension
3 x 12-15 reps

Felt good throughout the workout, was pretty tired from the deadlifts since they're high rep ones, and since I'm in post cycle therapy i've just felt more tired than usual anyway.

Weight was: 187 (holding steady)

Did you log the weights for the sets?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
...was pretty tired from the deadlifts since they're high rep ones...
Just be glad they are the Romanian DL's aka RDL. Regular deadlifts at those reps plus squats would kill ya. I know, I did a Waterbury workout doing both in a circuit....

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Dhuge, go with IGF-2 on an empty stomach if/when possible. Especially your latest dose.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Second the empty stomach dosage. It works much much better when taken at least an hour after meals. I try to eat 2 hours before bed (cottage cheese), then pop my IGF-2 right before bed, works better and faster. Same with RPM, AM dose is my favorite, no food to interfere with absorption....WOW!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Nice back by the way Huge!
Hey, appreciate that but it's an old pic! I need to update it with my EVEN bigger back! lol

I was only 170 in that pic...I'm 187 now!

I'm looking to get to 210 of good weight before I cut. Actually, I won't cut until I do reach that personal milestone, otherwise I'll be cutting down and it won't be anything special being 6% BF at such a low weight...I probably have a good 15 lbs of fat to lose and it will be more like 20 when I do go to cut.

So I'm doing IGF-2 and Carbolin-19 (always on it, always) as a bridge to another mass cycle, which will include 5-6 weeks on XMass, post cycle therapy, and then the cut will begin.

My cut is going to be sick though, as I think I'm going to start the cut with Hot Rox Extreme, and after a month of that, go to Venom Hyperdrive 3.0 + Furazadrol (or I might reverse the order of that, since I'm not sure what's better to start with for the cut. I might just do the Hot Rox at first to give myself a little bit longer of a break from hormonal stuff).

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Second the empty stomach dosage. It works much much better when taken at least an hour after meals. I try to eat 2 hours before bed (cottage cheese), then pop my IGF-2 right before bed, works better and faster. Same with RPM, AM dose is my favorite, no food to interfere with absorption....WOW!

I actually go opposite. I take IGF-2 before my meal on an empty tummy. Then I eat my night time protein.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I haven't updated this since Thursday since I did my workout on Friday and then went away for the weekend. I did some light stuff on Saturday morning and a lot of light cardio during that day and was totally off today (Sunday). Friday's chest/shoulder workout was great, though.

It's also worth noting that I didn't do the planned Superhero routine, since I left the piece of paper with the routine, at home. I made up the work out as I went but I think it turned out well.

1. Seated DB Military Press - 4x6-8
7x80s, 8x80s, 6x85s, 6x80s, 8x75s

2. Seated Machine Overhead Press - 6 reps then immediately 12 with half the weight, then immediately 25 reps with the weight cut in half one final time.

6x150 lbs, 12x75lbs, 25x30 lbs

3. Flat DB Bench - 4x6-8
8x100s, 7x105s, 7x105s, 7x100s

4. Weighted Dips - 4x10
10xme+60, 10xme+65, 9xme+75, 8xme+85

5. Side Raises 3x12 with 25 lb DBs

6. Chest Supported Rows - 5x5
All 5 sets done with 160 lbs (this was not full exertion, as I needed to back off on this exercises' intensity)

Will update again tomorrow. Feeling better in my PCT as the end of the second week approaches. Tomorrow I've got leggggs. All is well so far and I'm liking IGF-2, so far.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great to hear man! An update that pic, if your bigger now let's see it!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 185 (only -1 or -2 lbs since coming off of Havoc)
Energy level: 6 (scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest)

Leg training

Back squats - 5 x 8 (main set) followed by utilizing another squat rack set up with 135 which will be repped til failure upon the completion of the 1st and 5th set.

8x205, 8x225, 8x225, 8x235, 7x225

Leg Press - 4 x 15

15x380, 15x390, 15x400, 15x400

Leg Curl - 2x20
2 sets x 20 reps with 120 lbs

Hack Squat supersetted with decline push ups - 4 x 12
220 lbs x 4 sets x 12 reps
Push ups - 1x25, 1x23, 1x23, 1x21

Since the leg work in the Superhero program is lacking, I'm making up my own plan for legs. I'll do that stuff tomorrow, and as you can see, the focus is more on volume compared to what I have been doing. It should kick my glutes. << I'm lame. :run:

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Will weigh in tomorrow again, to make sure things are checked on a regular basis and to check for fluctuation. I am trying to lose fat right now after a 6 week bulk. We'll see how it goes. I'm 1 day in on an Anabolic Diet style cut (Christian Thibaudeau-designed - Nutrition for Maximum Fat Loss). Protein is 312 grams a day. Fat is 138 grams a day (hard to do). Carbs are 30 or less grams per day (HARD to do).

Weight: 185
Energy level: 6

Saturday (Chest/Back)

A1. Incline bench press 4x6-8
1x7x85s, 1x6x95s, 1x6x100s, 1x6x90s

A2. Bent over barbell rowing
3 x 6 x 175

B1. Flat dumbbell bench press
3 x 10-12
1x11x75s, 1x10x85s, 1x10x90s

B2. Pull Ups
3 x 10-12 reps
1x12xbodyweight, 1x11xBW, 1x9xBW

C1. Forward Plate Raises
3 x 12-15 reps
1x12x44 lb oly plate
2x12x33 lb plate

C2. Chest Supported rowing
3 x 12-15 reps
1x12x140, 1x12x145, 1x12x135

x - Curls with Pull Ups
5 pull ups at neutral grip, then immediately 35 lb DB curls for 5 reps x2
5 pull ups at neutral grip, then immediately 40 lb DB curls for 5 reps x1

I'm hoping that I can really maximize fat loss and even possibly gain overall weight or just add muscle as I lose fat. I will be supplementing with a ton and a COSTLY amount of BCAAs, specifically glutamine and leucine post-workout (as outlined by CT). This supplementation protocol will help to not only spare muscle, but restore muscle glycogen (glutamine does this almost as well as carbs), and definitely utilize stored fat for energy. I'll be taking in:

Workout Day Plan
52 g Protein used peri-workout (12 pre, 40 post)
244 g Protein is left for the rest of the day
40 g Protein x6 meals will finish off that remainder
24g of Fat x6 meals

Non-Workout Day
49 g Protein x6 meals a day
24 g Fat x6 meals a day

Pre Workout Nutrition
12 g protein
5 g glutamine
5 g Creatine
5 g BCAA

During Workout Nutrition
20 g BCAA
10 g Glutamine

Post Workout Nutrition
25 g glutamine (not a typo)
10-15 g leucine
40 g Whey

Supplements being used:
1) Glutamine Select by Beverly International
2) IGF-2 by AN
3) ICE by Xtreme Formulations
4) BCAA by Biotest
5) Flameout by Biotest
6) Cheaper fish oil supplement
7) Coconut Oil
8) Poseidon
9) Some stim, haven't decided yet (I have Hyperdrive, okay to use with IGF?)
10) Cheaper bulk BCAA
11) $10 Cissus powder for aching shoulder

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have your stuff together Dhuge! Good job so far. Anything occurring you feel you can attribute to IGF-2?

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have your stuff together Dhuge! Good job so far. Anything occurring you feel you can attribute to IGF-2?
Actually, yes.

I notice that my endurance isn't too terribly affected by my lack of carbs during my workout. My strength has suffered slightly due to the complete restriction of carbs, but it's nothing like I've experienced before when on a very low-carb diet. I'm not taking anything else, so I have to attribute that to IGF-2.

It's nice to diet and not feel like you've lost all that you spent a long time building up. I also think it's responsible for speeding up my recovery process in PCT.

So far, good stuff. I am not sure yet, but right now, I could see myself buying IGF-2 for particular uses during the year.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You still plan on popping RPM into the mix?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think it's an excellent idea Huge! It will definetly help with post cycle therapy. If you can, pick up some RPM for yoru PCT as well, it REALLY helps with the recovery. ;)

I disagree :hammer: I think using RPM with Lipotrophin PM is a better idea :p

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
You still plan on popping RPM into the mix?
I've had RPM for a while, but only have 4 remaining pills (which I might stretch into 2 days worth). When I run out, I'm going to use Hyperdrive or Hot Rox Extreme as I already have those waiting. I will buy RPM again, though.

Also, at the end of this log, I will post before/after pics.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Very nice log bro! Keep it up man. Looking forward to seeing the final results

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and Biceps

At the conclusion of today's workout, I noticed how much fuller my muscles feel and how much "dryer" they look. I feel focused during my workouts and have energy to get through an hour and a half without thinking about wanting to leave sooner than that.

Today I did seated DB press with heavy and light weight, weighted dips, rear-delt pulling movement, wide-grip pull ups, curl variations, and finished with 2 heavy sets of seated BB military press.

I had 30 g of BCAA during the workout and slammed 15 g glutamine + 12g BCAA post-workout, and a half hour later had a 20 g protein shake with 1 table spoon of olive oil (14 g fat).

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and Biceps

At the conclusion of today's workout, I noticed how much fuller my muscles feel and how much "dryer" they look. I feel focused during my workouts and have energy to get through an hour and a half without thinking about wanting to leave sooner than that.

Today I did seated DB press with heavy and light weight, weighted dips, rear-delt pulling movement, wide-grip pull ups, curl variations, and finished with 2 heavy sets of seated BB military press.

I had 30 g of BCAA during the workout and slammed 15 g glutamine + 12g BCAA post-workout, and a half hour later had a 20 g protein shake with 1 table spoon of olive oil (14 g fat).

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am digging the fact that there is 240 pills in there also! Most supps come with 90-120!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift Day - Workout time: 39 minutes

Well friends, today I noticed that when I sat down and bent over to form my grip on the bar for deadlifts, my arms (biceps) are noticeably larger. I'm just more solid and dryer all over, and I can tell my body fat is dropping.

Barbell Deadlifts

Warm up sets with 135 then 225

5 sets of 3 reps with 365
3 sets of 5 reps with 335

Speed sets with 135 (2 sets of 10 reps)

All in all a very good and challenging workout. I decided not to do anything else since my CNS felt pretty taxed. I'm going in tomorrow (6th day in a row in the gym) for some light speed stuff and then will be off on Sunday and won't lift again til Monday night.

IGF-2 FTW!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely heavier than I like to be, but here I am! lol

PS - Yes, I have quite a bit of back hair. I'm Italian, so sue me.

Compared to the avatar, you can see how much more fat I have on me, but I am much more dense with muscle than I was in that pic from 9 months ago or so.

You can also see the difference in pic quality. Sorry about that, but it's just a cell phone...I don't currently have a digital camera due to an...accident.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
To get where I want to be I'm going to cut down to about 175 lbs from 185, and see where that puts me, body fat percentage-wise. If it's fine, then I'll try to gain weight, this time in a much more intelligent way. I need to be more precise with my nutrition, otherwise I'll end up too fat again even though I WILL be bigger.

Getting big for me is no problem, but getting big and lean is really tough because it requires so much attention to detail with nutrition. Gotta do the hard things to get the results. Hopefully IGF-2 just helps to make a tough goal more manageable. So far, I think it is helping.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definetly bigger man, more dense! Don't worry about the fat right now, just keep on gaining, then when you cut focus on keeping that muscle and you'll be yolked!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Definetly bigger man, more dense! Don't worry about the fat right now, just keep on gaining, then when you cut focus on keeping that muscle and you'll be yolked!
Damn, that's just what I need to hear 5 days into a strict diet! lol

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well then, focus on the cut man and keeping your muscle. You should do so nicely with the IGF-2. Get some RPM or Leviathon in there to help lean you out even more. Also mayeb some BCAA's, they help alot too!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Well then, focus on the cut man and keeping your muscle. You should do so nicely with the IGF-2. Get some RPM or Leviathon in there to help lean you out even more. Also mayeb some BCAA's, they help alot too!
I've got BCAAs galore and am using Hyperdrive some days with Hot Rox on other ones.

Should be a nice cut. I'll show FRONT shots when I'm done. lol

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Gym yesterday for upper chest, biceps, and light shoulders.

Funny note: I failed during a set of closed-grip bench and nobody was around to help me. Luckily nobody saw this, but I just let the bar rest on my chest for about 20 seconds and then heaved the bar back up...scary ****, this ketosis thing.

As for size and strength? Damn, I'm looking leaner and actually larger, since I appear to be carrying less "bloated weight" and IGF-2 is giving me a fairly permanent (but not too huge) pump feeling.

Anyone else experience that?

Today I have traps, forearms/grip, and abs.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ketosis, eeeekk. I love th fat loss while in ketosis, but the workouts suck man, I hated it. So hard to do that again, all the power to you! Never tried it with IGF-2 or RPM before though, might have to see if I can do it!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Legs day awaits! I'll report back later today, with a body weight update and an overall "feeling of testosterone levels."

Legs while in ketosis! HMMM!!!!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
182.5 lbs

OVT training in squats. 100 total squats performed.

Wave 1: 5x225, 4x230, 3x235, 2x240, 1x245 (15 total)
Wave 2: 5x230, 4x235, 3x240, 2x245, 1x250 (15 total)

5x4x225 (20 total)

5x4x215 (20 total)

2x8x155
2x7x135

100 total reps (20,205 total lbs moved)

FELT GREAT TODAY>>>>>I like IGF-2. I don't know why, or even if it is the IGF-2, but I get a perpetual pump that I didn't get prior to taking it. Anyone else notice this?

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Minor soreness today after 100 reps of squats, with an average rep being 202 lbs.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Back/Chest - 8/14/07

Bench Press - 5x5 supersetted with flat DB flies 5x5 at a 602 tempo
Rest after superset = 120 seconds

Incline Bench - 5x5 supersetted with incline flies 5x5 at 602 tempo
Rest = 120 seconds

Weighted pull ups - 5x5 supersetted with chest-supported rows 5x5 602
Rest = 120 seconds

Chest supported row (different grip) - 5x5 SSetted with pull downs 5x5 602 tempo
Rest = 120 seconds

Bench - 205 (75%) lbs through all sets
Incline - 165 (75%) through all sets

Pull ups - Body weight + 40 lbs (222 lbs)

Chest Supported rows - 125 lbs

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
8/16 - active recovery

2x30 curls
2x30 reverse curls

2x30 flat DB bench
2x30 cable flies

2x30 assisted pull ups
2x30 rope row to neck

Weight used on this day is light and intended to increase blood flow to the areas being "recovered."

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
8/16 - active recovery

2x30 curls
2x30 reverse curls

2x30 flat DB bench
2x30 cable flies

2x30 assisted pull ups
2x30 rope row to neck

Weight used on this day is light and intended to increase blood flow to the areas being "recovered."
Dude- great detail!!!!!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Dude- great detail!!!!!
Hey, I appreciate that! Doin' what I can.

Today was my carb-up day, and damn do I feel better having my system flooded with energy...

Tomorrow I'm going to have SOME carbs, and then resume the high fat/protein diet. So it's 5 days on high F + P followed by 2 on high P and C.

Repeat (and slowly cut calories per week) until ripped.

Only 10 more weeks of dieting!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Go on with your bad self Dhuge!

Yes, lots of reports of steady all-day pump!