RPM FAQs

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by vtstone View Post
    i am new to using t-boosters and the like but as of recently i have been following along on this board and others and trying to learn as much as i can. i am debating using a stack like this. i'm just worried about the effects coming off of this. previously i've just been using creatine/no/bcaa products. do you guys think an rpm stack would be more effective for building lean mass than say a controlled labs stack with green magnitude/purple wraath/white blood. i need to buy now and that's what i'm debating. thanks

    RPM/IGF-2 will be extremely effective- with no PCT required- it will give you some fantastic lean mass gains!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals


  2. I have a bottle of white blood that I want to use soon. It says that I should take a serving of it 30-45 min before workout. Can I stack this with RPM or are they too similar and be overkill?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ptrain19 View Post
    I have a bottle of white blood that I want to use soon. It says that I should take a serving of it 30-45 min before workout. Can I stack this with RPM or are they too similar and be overkill?
    You can take them together, but start small....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  4. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    RPM is best dosed on an empty stomach
    Its recommended on an empty stomach, do u recommend eating after u take it preworkout?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Manu20 View Post
    Its recommended on an empty stomach, do u recommend eating after u take it preworkout?
    I have heard of people doing this- and they said it still works just fine
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  6. Why does RPM contain arginine rather than norvaline or one of the more bioavalable forms of arganine?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Why does RPM contain arginine rather than norvaline or one of the more bioavalable forms of arganine?
    I messed with the formula a bunch- and found Arg. base was the best way to go (we used it in both betas and the formulas worked well(- it may get changed in the near future though- I found a way to make RPM even better

    Great question!!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  8. Thanks for the open reply!

    I am mighty sick of secret undocumented supplements.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Thanks for the open reply!

    I am mighty sick of secret undocumented supplements.
    That's not how we operate
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  10. Has there been any reports of prostate difficulties with this supplement? From time to time I suffer from flareups when I overuse stimulants, so I could see that taking this product twice daily might cause me problems in that regard.

    What is the approximate amount of caffeine per cap in RPM?
    Last edited by max silver; 06-08-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: had a second question
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Has there been any reports of prostate difficulties with this supplement? From time to time I suffer from flareups when I overuse stimulants, so I could see that taking this product twice daily might cause me problems in that regard.

    What is the approximate amount of caffeine per cap in RPM?
    No- but I have heard of ephedrine causing some issues like that- but not necessarily caffeine- I will look around some more for you.

    As for the approximate amt. of caffeine- the naringin in RPM completely changes the pharmacokinetics of everything in the compound- so even though the dosage of caffeine is relatively moderate in RPM- it will "feel" much higher than normal....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  12. i too have had minor prostate issues in the past nothing a DR said was an issue. some very good stims caused the issue

    Non ever on rpm


    ive also taken it with food as someone has asked and I didnt notice any difference
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

  13. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    As for the approximate amt. of caffeine- the naringin in RPM completely changes the pharmacokinetics of everything in the compound- so even though the dosage of caffeine is relatively moderate in RPM- it will "feel" much higher than normal....
    I'm quite used to the effects of naringin on caffeine, as I always have a grapefruit in my pre-workout meal, which is followed by a caffeine containing stimulant product. I'm more interested in an approximate caffeine amount so I can make an educated guess as to what my maximum RPM dose would be, based on ability to sleep and tolerance to caffeine.

  14. I've been trying RPM for the last week, and it's certainly working very well as a stimulant for me.

    I'm confused about one thing from the FAQ, though. It says:

    "RPM does NOT require post cycle therapy b/c it works through secondary characteristics (AI effect, effects on SHBG, effects on T:E and T:C ratio)"

    This suggests that RPM doesn't directly interact with androgen receptors. But then in two other places it talks about testosterone-mimetic properties:

    "RPM resides in a completely new product category of its own: It is an A-CESE (Anabolic-Cognitive Energy System Enhancer) with P-SARM (Phytochemical Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) characteristics. This means that the product that exhibits testosterone-mimetic, anti-catabolic, and aromatase-inhibiting properties"

    "To be considered a SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator), a compound must have the following characteristics:
    Stimulate increases in strength and fat-free mass through testosterone mimetic properties,
    Support bone growth
    Maintain and / or restore sexual function and virility
    Orally bioavaliable
    Does not effect blood pressure or blood lipids.
    RPM fits every one of these criteria for a SARM."


    Surely these statements are contradictory? If it only acts indirectly via stimulation of natural testosterone production, it cannot also be considered a testosterone mimetic?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I've been trying RPM for the last week, and it's certainly working very well as a stimulant for me.

    I'm confused about one thing from the FAQ, though. It says:

    "RPM does NOT require post cycle therapy b/c it works through secondary characteristics (AI effect, effects on SHBG, effects on T:E and T:C ratio)"

    This suggests that RPM doesn't directly interact with androgen receptors. But then in two other places it talks about testosterone-mimetic properties:

    "RPM resides in a completely new product category of its own: It is an A-CESE (Anabolic-Cognitive Energy System Enhancer) with P-SARM (Phytochemical Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) characteristics. This means that the product that exhibits testosterone-mimetic, anti-catabolic, and aromatase-inhibiting properties"

    "To be considered a SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator), a compound must have the following characteristics:
    Stimulate increases in strength and fat-free mass through testosterone mimetic properties,
    Support bone growth
    Maintain and / or restore sexual function and virility
    Orally bioavaliable
    Does not effect blood pressure or blood lipids.
    RPM fits every one of these criteria for a SARM."


    Surely these statements are contradictory? If it only acts indirectly via stimulation of natural testosterone production, it cannot also be considered a testosterone mimetic?
    Good question- and no, not contradictory Certain parts of the formula DO act indirectly on factors influence the test:est ratio and test:cortisol ratio, and certain parts (icariin specifically) do have testosterone mimetic properties. Icariin has displayed testosterone mimetic properties on enhancing bone mass, as an anti-depressant, as a PDE5 inhibitor, and as a glucocorticoid antagonist (competes for the same receptors as cortisol). That being said- ALL of the receptors that icariin effects and their mechanisms of action have not been thoroughly researched- but icariin has been documented to have at least SOME testosterone mimetic effects....

    Asian J Androl. 2006 Sep;8(5):601-5. Epub 2006 Jun 5
    The testosterone mimetic properties of icariin.
    Zhang ZB, Yang QT.

    Department of Urology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515041, China. [email protected]

    AIM: To evaluate the testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. METHODS: Forty-eight healthy male Sprague-Dawley rats at the age of 15 months were randomly divided into four groups with 12 rats each: the control group (C), the model group (M), the icariin group (ICA) and the testosterone group (T). The reproductive system was damaged by cyclophosphamide (intraperitoneal injection, 20 mg/kg x day) for 5 consecutive days for groups M, ICA and T, at the sixth day, ICA (gastric gavage, 200 mg/kg x day) for the ICA group and sterandryl (subcutaneous injection, 5 mg/rat . day) for the T group for 7 consecutive days, respectively. The levels of serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), serum bone Gla-protein (BGP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in serum (StrACP) were determined. The histological changes of the testis and the penis were observed by microscope with hematoxylin-eosin (HE) staining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase biotin-dUTP-X nick end labeling (TUNEL), respectively. RESULTS: (1) Icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating levels of testosterone. (2) Icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced the bone resorption. (3) Icarrin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells. CONCLUSION: Icariin has testosterone mimetic properties and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  16. I'm sure this has been asked and answered, so feel free to link me to the right location.

    I'm going for a recomp and already am using DCP and Camphibolic, along with Powerfull. I want to add in another product to help potentiate fat loss and provide a little kick, and RPM sounds like that product. But it says to just take prior to workout. I want the fat burning affects, so can I take 1 dose in AM and 1 dose in PM (I workout at 7pm)?

    What would be the optimum dosing to help burn fat while retaining muscle?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered, so feel free to link me to the right location.

    I'm going for a recomp and already am using DCP and Camphibolic, along with Powerfull. I want to add in another product to help potentiate fat loss and provide a little kick, and RPM sounds like that product. But it says to just take prior to workout. I want the fat burning affects, so can I take 1 dose in AM and 1 dose in PM (I workout at 7pm)?

    What would be the optimum dosing to help burn fat while retaining muscle?
    DC,

    Huge apology for taking so long to get back to you. What you have outlined above will work amazingly... however, I caution you to start by taking your PM dose a little earlier than just preworkout, to make sure you can get to sleep ok.

    If you aren't on RPM yet, start with a smaller than recommended dose in the AM, followed by the recommended dose at least/about 5-6 hours before you plan on laying down to sleep. From there, you can increase, and possibly move your PM dose closer to pre-workout.

    Clear as mud?

  18. That sounds good. One additional question: Would it be safe to work Leviathan into the process? I know it says not to take other stims around RPM. Thanks.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    That sounds good. One additional question: Would it be safe to work Leviathan into the process? I know it says not to take other stims around RPM. Thanks.
    RPM and Leviathon work EXTREMELY well together
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  20. Thanks. I'll give this combo a try.

  21. So how would you set up the dosing of this around your pre-wo nutrition?

    For instance, would you eat your meal 1.5 hrs pre WO, then dose this at 1 hr prior? I assume you would not have quite an "empty stomach" at that point.

    What do you guys do?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    So how would you set up the dosing of this around your pre-wo nutrition?

    For instance, would you eat your meal 1.5 hrs pre WO, then dose this at 1 hr prior? I assume you would not have quite an "empty stomach" at that point.

    What do you guys do?

    I would take it about 45 minutes pre-workout, and add in some Steel Edge with it- they seem to go together really well, and SE works immediately...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I would take it about 45 minutes pre-workout, and add in some Steel Edge with it- they seem to go together really well, and SE works immediately...
    So would you drink your pre WO shake before or after that dose? And how long before/after?

  24. should it only be taken pre wo on workout days only. what about non-work out days?

  25. Use on non-workout days will be up to you...... if you only want energy boost in the gym, don't worry about using it on non-workout days. I would strongly suggest using it daily however. The results that build up are quite nice. At minimum go 2 caps on non-workout days.
    I use RPM 2x/day on workout days. 1x/day on non-workout days.

  26. Can't seem to find an answer searching around, but would RPM be safe to take if one were being tested (NCAA)? Thanks appreciate it!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    I use RPM 2x/day on workout days. 1x/day on non-workout days.
    Are you doing this to build up stores of icariin or for the stim effects?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by NeedleDick View Post
    Can't seem to find an answer searching around, but would RPM be safe to take if one were being tested (NCAA)? Thanks appreciate it!
    Yup- RPM won't make you fail a drug test- RPM is an unfair advantage!!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  29. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Yup- RPM won't make you fail a drug test- RPM is an unfair advantage!!!!
    Unfair advantage is an understatement Dirk!

  30. I am kind of new to the supplement world, but can Creatine and RPM be taken together? I take Creatine pre and post workout.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. *Liver Tab FAQ*
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. syringe/needle/injection faq
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:34 AM
  3. Questions/FAQ
    By WYD02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Log in
Log in