Contest....

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. The Hermaphrodite's Dilemma.Leonard JL.
    Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019.

Given sexual conflict, mating encounters between simultaneous hermaphrodites will conform to a new, conditional, non-zero sum game of strategy, the Hermaphrodite's Dilemma; special cases of which include Prisoner's Dilemma and Game of Chicken. The model predicts that hermaphrodite mating systems will be based on reciprocation with cheating in a preferred sexual role. This model suggests that study of hermaphrodite mating systems will provide direct evidence for the existence of sexual conflict and suggests that sexual conflict may act to stabilize hermaphroditism through such mating systems.

PMID: 2292885 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6

2. Penile size and the 'small penis syndrome'Wylie KR, Eardley I.
    Urology, Royal Hallemshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK.

The male is often troubled by concerns that his penis is not large enough to satisfy his partner or himself. He is ashamed to have others view his penis, especially in the flaccid state. Such concerns might be unfounded in reality and might be a presentation of social anxiety or some other clinical problem, such as erectile dysfunction. Concern over the size of the penis, when such concern becomes excessive, might present as the 'small penis syndrome', an obsessive rumination with compulsive checking rituals, body dysmorphic disorder, or as part of a psychosis. However, it is often a worry that can be described as within the normal experience of many men. Various potential causal factors are considered. A thorough assessment, normalizing the worry and then exploring the treatment options in detail with the man, is essential to allow the matter to be consolidated satisfactorily within the male ego.

PMID: 17355371 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Exploring the possible link between childhood and adolescent bestiality and interpersonal violence.

University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 37403, USA. [email protected]

Bestiality is a serious although less frequently occurring form of animal cruelty that may be linked to subsequent aggression against humans. This investigation examines whether a perpetrator's race, childhood residence, education, commission of a personal crime, and the number of personal crimes committed affects acts of bestiality committed during childhood or adolescence among a sample of incarcerated males. The results show that respondents with less education and those who had been convicted of committing crimes against people on one or more occasions were more likely to have had sex with animals during their childhood or adolescence than other respondents in the sample. These findings lend some support to the sexually polymorphous theory that among these perpetrators sex and aggression have become mutually inclusive and that bestiality as a form of animal cruelty may be linked with interpersonal human violence.

PMID: 16731991 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Dude- that's a good one!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Dirk, you have got your work cut out for you here..............
    Keep throwin' them out- this is going to be a tough one to choose!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

5. When are you guys going to announce the winner??
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bmw71285 View Post
    When are you guys going to announce the winner??
    couple more days- I really want to see what everyone can come up with- there is some crazy **** out there
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

7. A couple days??? I can't wait that long lol. How bout u end the contest in 10 min???

8. Quote Originally Posted by bmw71285 View Post
    A couple days??? I can't wait that long lol. How bout u end the contest in 10 min???
    Cuz' I want to see some more of these studies- they are quite entertaining!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

9. Elderly armpits can lift your spirits

Hormones detected by human smell can alter your mood

The armpit smells of old ladies are the latest mood-enhancing substances to be uncovered by scientists - but they warn that those of young men may have the reverse effect.
    The Pennsylvania-based team believe that the effect may be due to the human ability to detect the presence or absence of hormones in sweat which signal aggression, reports "New Scientist" magazine.

Denise Chen, at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia recruited 30 volunteers in six different age categories - young girls and boys, young adult men and women, and men and women in their 70s.

Perfume and deodorant ban

The volunteers were banned from using perfumes or deodorants, or eating strong smelling food for four days, although they were allowed to take showers using unscented soap.

Throughout this period, a gauze pad strapped under the arm absorbed any odour they produced.

Then more than 300 university students sampled smells taken at random, filling in before and after questionnaires designed to test their mood.

People who had inhaled the samples taken from the armpits of old ladies responded significantly more positively.

Ms Chen said: "Old women had an uplifting effect".

But results showed the smell of young men had a noticeably "depressive effect", an outcome which might have been anticipated by any parent of a teenage boy.

In between these extremes, the smell of older people generally improved mood, as did the smell of females.

Hormonal signal

Jeannette Haviland, who also worked on the research, suggested that hormones in the body odour of the young might act as a signal of aggression.

She pointed to a recent study which showed that people can distinguish between the odours of both happy and frightened people.

Hormonal changes in old age, she said, were likely to make the odour of the elderly, particularly women, signal approachability.

Source: BBC News

10. Ok ok ok, ur the boss. Are we allowed to post more than one study? Also, can you give us some sort of heads up as to who may be in the lead as of right now??

11. haha...this thread is awesome...wait a few days I wanna play this...but need sleep now!..

12. Quote Originally Posted by bmw71285 View Post
    Ok ok ok, ur the boss. Are we allowed to post more than one study? Also, can you give us some sort of heads up as to who may be in the lead as of right now??
    Absolutely!! I am going to have to go through them again- but KJ and BP so far, but the contest is not over!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

13. A first case study of homosexual necrophilia in the Mallard Duck

The strange case of the homosexual necrophiliac duck pushed out the boundaries of knowledge in a rather improbable way when it was recorded by Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker.
    It may have ruffled a few feathers, but it earned him the coveted Ig Nobel prize for biology awarded for improbable research, and next week he will be recounting his findings to UK audiences on the Ig Nobel tour.

Ducks behave pretty badly, it seems. It is not so much that up to one in 10 of mallard couples are homosexual - no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands - but they regularly indulge in "attempted rape flights" when they pursue other ducks with a view to forcible mating. "Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards," explains Mr Moeliker.

As he recounts in his seminal paper, The first case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard anas platyrhynchos, he was in his office in the Natuurmuseum Rotterdam, when he was alerted by a bang to the fact a bird had crashed into the glass facade of the building. "I went downstairs immediately to see if the window was damaged, and saw a drake mallard (anas platyrhynchos) lying motionless on its belly in the sand, two metres outside the facade. The unfortunate duck apparently had hit the building in full flight at a height of about three metres from the ground. Next to the obviously dead duck, another male mallard (in full adult plumage without any visible traces of moult) was present. He forcibly picked into the back, the base of the bill and mostly into the back of the head of the dead mallard for about two minutes, then mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force, almost continuously picking the side of the head.

"Rather startled, I watched this scene from close quarters behind the window until 19.10 hours during which time (75 minutes) I made some photographs and the mallard almost continuously copulated his dead congener. He dismounted only twice, stayed near the dead duck and picked the neck and the side of the head before mounting again. The first break (at 18.29 hours) lasted three minutes and the second break (at 18.45 hours) lasted less than a minute. At 19.12 hours, I disturbed this cruel scene. The necrophilic mallard only reluctantly left his 'mate': when I had approached him to about five metres, he did not fly away but simply walked off a few metres, weakly uttering a series of two-note 'raeb-raeb' calls (the 'conversation-call' of Lorentz 1953). I secured the dead duck and left the museum at 19.25 hours. The mallard was still present at the site, calling 'raeb-raeb' and apparently looking for his victim (who, by then, was in the freezer)."

Mr Moeliker suggests the pair were engaged in a rape flight attempt. "When one died the other one just went for it and didn't get any negative feedback - well, didn't get any feedback," he said.

His findings have provoked a lot of interest - especially in Britain for some reason - but no other recorded cases of duck necrophilia. However, Mr Moeliker was informed of an American case involving a squirrel and a dead partner, although in this case it is not known whether the necrophilia observed was homosexual or not as the victim had been run over by a truck shortly before the incident.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    A first case study of homosexual necrophilia in the Mallard Duck

The strange case of the homosexual necrophiliac duck pushed out the boundaries of knowledge in a rather improbable way when it was recorded by Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker.
    It may have ruffled a few feathers, but it earned him the coveted Ig Nobel prize for biology awarded for improbable research, and next week he will be recounting his findings to UK audiences on the Ig Nobel tour.

Ducks behave pretty badly, it seems. It is not so much that up to one in 10 of mallard couples are homosexual - no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands - but they regularly indulge in "attempted rape flights" when they pursue other ducks with a view to forcible mating. "Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards," explains Mr Moeliker.

As he recounts in his seminal paper, The first case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard anas platyrhynchos, he was in his office in the Natuurmuseum Rotterdam, when he was alerted by a bang to the fact a bird had crashed into the glass facade of the building. "I went downstairs immediately to see if the window was damaged, and saw a drake mallard (anas platyrhynchos) lying motionless on its belly in the sand, two metres outside the facade. The unfortunate duck apparently had hit the building in full flight at a height of about three metres from the ground. Next to the obviously dead duck, another male mallard (in full adult plumage without any visible traces of moult) was present. He forcibly picked into the back, the base of the bill and mostly into the back of the head of the dead mallard for about two minutes, then mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force, almost continuously picking the side of the head.

"Rather startled, I watched this scene from close quarters behind the window until 19.10 hours during which time (75 minutes) I made some photographs and the mallard almost continuously copulated his dead congener. He dismounted only twice, stayed near the dead duck and picked the neck and the side of the head before mounting again. The first break (at 18.29 hours) lasted three minutes and the second break (at 18.45 hours) lasted less than a minute. At 19.12 hours, I disturbed this cruel scene. The necrophilic mallard only reluctantly left his 'mate': when I had approached him to about five metres, he did not fly away but simply walked off a few metres, weakly uttering a series of two-note 'raeb-raeb' calls (the 'conversation-call' of Lorentz 1953). I secured the dead duck and left the museum at 19.25 hours. The mallard was still present at the site, calling 'raeb-raeb' and apparently looking for his victim (who, by then, was in the freezer)."

Mr Moeliker suggests the pair were engaged in a rape flight attempt. "When one died the other one just went for it and didn't get any negative feedback - well, didn't get any feedback," he said.

His findings have provoked a lot of interest - especially in Britain for some reason - but no other recorded cases of duck necrophilia. However, Mr Moeliker was informed of an American case involving a squirrel and a dead partner, although in this case it is not known whether the necrophilia observed was homosexual or not as the victim had been run over by a truck shortly before the incident.
    WOW that is absolutely off the wall... i laughed at the old person research study at first and then just sat amazed when i saw the next title on this one here!!!! damn thats off the wall, agian.

15. damn actually just read it.... fin duck humped it 3 times for 75 min straight????? then the reference of the squirrel goin to town on his run over unsexually identifiable partner lol damn thats great.

16. ok ok ok ....some of these are nuts...i wanna see full references..hahaha

17. That is so off the wall, I almost want to accuse BP of making it up....... but, well.... I don't think he is that disturbed.......

18. Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    That is so off the wall, I almost want to accuse BP of making it up....... but, well.... I don't think he is that disturbed.......
    Honest, I thought the duck was alive while I was nailing it!
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

19. Measurement of breast volume: comparison of techniques.Palin WE Jr, von Fraunhofer JA, Smith DJ Jr.
    A system of graduated disks has been previously described as a method to determine breast volume. The accuracy and limitations of this system have not previously been reported. Comparison of these disks with a standardized volumetric method shows this simple system to be accurate. Standard linear correlation analysis was good for the entire group of breasts measured (r = 0.718). Conversion to true volume M is represented by the least-square line M = 20.33 + 1.37G. The correlation is expected to fail at volumes greater than 425 cc (greater than the calibration on the largest Grossman disk). Elimination of volumes greater than 425 cc, however, produced no improvement in correlation coefficient. Firm breasts (i.e., capsular contractures) displace less uniformly into the conical restraint of the disk and cause an overestimation of their volume. Three breasts in this series were evaluated with Baker grade III and IV capsular contractures. Elimination of these values improved the correlation between the two volume analyses (r = 0.853 and M = 1.56G - 4.48). We suggest that when confronted with very large or firm breasts that volumes determined by the Grossman disk be interpreted with care. A formula for calculation of the true breast volume from the Grossman measurement has been derived and presented.

PMID: 3945688 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

20. I mean, come on, who doesnt love the semen of rockhopper penguins?!!!!!!!!!!!

Semen collection and characterization in rockhopper penguins (Eudyptes chrysocome chrysocome).Waldoch J, Root T, Ramer J, Proudfoot J.
    Indianapolis Zoo, Indiana 46222, USA.

Low egg fertility and hatchability is a common problem in captive populations of rockhopper penguins (Eudyptes chrysocome chrysocome). These conditions make sustaining a captive population challenging. A method for collecting and evaluating semen from rockhopper penguins was developed to assist in the evaluation of low egg fertility found in one captive population. Six adult male rockhopper penguins were conditioned to allow semen collection once a week from the start of breeding season until ejaculates no longer contained sperm. A total of 59 ejaculates was collected between 17 September and 31 December 2004. Forty-five of these samples were evaluated for volume, pH, sperm concentration, and sperm quality (motility, viability, and morphology). There was a large variation between individuals and between collections for each individual. The mean motility was 34.5% (+/- 22%). Mean volume of ejaculate was 0.23 ml (+/- .31 ml). Mean concentration was 16.9 x 10(6) sperm/ml (+/- 48.7 x 10(6) sperm/ml). Mean number of sperm per collection was 1.7 x 10(6) (+/- 4.2 x 10(6)). Mean percentage of living sperm was 82.9% (+/- 18.1%). Mean percentage of sperm with normal morphology was 82.1% (+/- 18.8%). Mean pH was 6.47 (+/- 0.49). During this season, only one of these males paired with a female. The pair produced one fertile egg, but the embryo died early in incubation. Male rockhopper penguins had low sperm concentration and low motility indicating that low male fertility may be contributing to the poor egg fertility rate. This work represents the first step in an ongoing study to improve captive breeding of rockhopper penguins.

PMID: 17469270 [PubMed - in process]

21. Quote Originally Posted by ugab37 View Post
    I mean, come on, who doesnt love the semen of rockhopper penguins?!!!!!!!!!!!

Semen collection and characterization in rockhopper penguins (Eudyptes chrysocome chrysocome).Waldoch J, Root T, Ramer J, Proudfoot J.
    Indianapolis Zoo, Indiana 46222, USA.

Low egg fertility and hatchability is a common problem in captive populations of rockhopper penguins (Eudyptes chrysocome chrysocome). These conditions make sustaining a captive population challenging. A method for collecting and evaluating semen from rockhopper penguins was developed to assist in the evaluation of low egg fertility found in one captive population. Six adult male rockhopper penguins were conditioned to allow semen collection once a week from the start of breeding season until ejaculates no longer contained sperm. A total of 59 ejaculates was collected between 17 September and 31 December 2004. Forty-five of these samples were evaluated for volume, pH, sperm concentration, and sperm quality (motility, viability, and morphology). There was a large variation between individuals and between collections for each individual. The mean motility was 34.5% (+/- 22%). Mean volume of ejaculate was 0.23 ml (+/- .31 ml). Mean concentration was 16.9 x 10(6) sperm/ml (+/- 48.7 x 10(6) sperm/ml). Mean number of sperm per collection was 1.7 x 10(6) (+/- 4.2 x 10(6)). Mean percentage of living sperm was 82.9% (+/- 18.1%). Mean percentage of sperm with normal morphology was 82.1% (+/- 18.8%). Mean pH was 6.47 (+/- 0.49). During this season, only one of these males paired with a female. The pair produced one fertile egg, but the embryo died early in incubation. Male rockhopper penguins had low sperm concentration and low motility indicating that low male fertility may be contributing to the poor egg fertility rate. This work represents the first step in an ongoing study to improve captive breeding of rockhopper penguins.

PMID: 17469270 [PubMed - in process]
    It really boggles my mind that universities spend money on stuff like this....or that an IRB would approve it!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

22. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    damn actually just read it.... fin duck humped it 3 times for 75 min straight????? then the reference of the squirrel goin to town on his run over unsexually identifiable partner lol damn thats great.
    and he won a noble prize for that. LOL
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

23. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    and he won a noble prize for that. LOL
    prld, Buff, and L'bane- you guys feel like co-authoring a study? I was thinking something like "Studies on the Interspecies Sexual Attraction of Emus to Human Beings" what do you think?!! Could make some big $$$$ if we win the Nobel Prize!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci

24. Sounds like a plan!
    But we'll need supplies before beginning our research.... chain mail underwear come to mind.... we can dress prld up in the Jimmy MacElroy Peacock outfit also..........

25. Scatophilic fantasies in prepuberty and Freud's stages of psycho-sexual development (author's transl)

[Article in German]

* Janzarik W.

PMID: 7057955 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Amplification of the erotic enema deviance.
    * Denko JD.

Use of enemas for sexual stimulation has been observed and named klismaphilia. Some klismaphiliacs indulge their taste for enemas in other wise normal sexual settings. Others combine it with fetishes, excretory and otherwise or with masturbation. Still others practice klismaphilia in homosexual or sadomasochistic settings or in group sex.

PMID: 937588 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Klismaphilia--a physiological perspective.

* Agnew J.

Dr. Joanne Denko coined the work klismaphilia to describe the practices of some of her patients who enjoyed the use of enemas as a sexual stimulant. Since then questions occasionally appear in the professional literature asking about the relationship between enemas and sexual pleasure. This paper considers some of the physiological aspects of the human sexual apparatus that relate to anal sensitivity and explores why klismaphilia can be sexually grafifying. The paper starts with a discussion of the physiological basis for anal sensitivity and anal masturbation in both the human male and the human female. The paper then goes on to relate all this to the sexual sensations received from an enema, and discusses the similarities and differences between all these types of stimulation. Some of the psychological aspects of klismaphilia are also considered in relationship to the physiology involved. The paper concludes with a brief discussion of masked anal masturbation among the population at large. A comprehensive list of references from the literature is given to support these findings.

PMID: 7158678 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. critique my pre-contest diet
    By WiNgS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 08:51 AM
  2. carb-up pre contest
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 03:09 AM
  3. What do BBers do the the week b4 contest?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 11:27 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 09:12 AM
  5. Need your guys help to win a contest!
    By latinsteel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 01:18 PM