A little more Icariin info, plus PDE5 inhibitor info- ENJOY!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    rms,

Some trime in the next few years should we should see at-home blood testing kits that will become very capable as the future arrives. We should be able to test liver and kidney function, and all the basic blood work without going to the doctor. Also, we should be able to screen many genetic propensities for progressive heart disease, syndrome X, and various cancers. Of course, you will be able to check more mundane things such as mineral levels (optimal or not) and vitamin levels.

This is according to "The End of Medicine: How Silcon Valley Will Reboot Your Doctor."

Yet, I've seen other evidence of these trends too. There is a quiet revolution going on and not just by the techies of silcon valley. It includes many, many more options for preventive medicine.

Sports medicine and physiology has always pushed the envelope for many years, but what was once only available to the elite athlete is becoming more available to the average Joe and Janet.

There will be a struggle by doctors to prevent some of this from happening, but the cost of health care will cause a flood tide to push the new technologies and information access through.

Good post!!!!! Man, I hope you are right- I have heard rumors of impending legislation, but I think public outcry would FAR outweigh and type of effectiveness regarding an FDA-mandated shift to prescription supplements, vitamins, and minerals.

That is the reason for these rumors- the pharmaceutical companies HAVE been trying to slowly push towards doing this, but will not have public support- so yes, I think what you are talking about above will happen, sooner rather than later!! Lack of affordable health care in the United States will eventually impair capitalism (through overpriced government-mandated health plans for small business and even corporations), and this will lead to a TON of people shifting toward the supplement industry for answers.

The only fix for this, at least in my eyes, is to mandate supplements and get certain crooks out of the industry, while at the same, educating individuals that preventative medicine (very ****ty in the US) is attainable (through SCHOOL). How can we teach kids to learn enormous amounts of things, but we can't teach them to eat healthy? Doesn't even make sense!!!!!

Long story short, making vitamins and supplements prescription would piss so many people off so quickly, that the FDA would be forced to overturn any decision of this nature.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

2. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Good post!!!!! Man, I hope you are right- I have heard rumors of impending legislation, but I think public outcry would FAR outweigh and type of effectiveness regarding an FDA-mandated shift to prescription supplements, vitamins, and minerals.

That is the reason for these rumors- the pharmaceutical companies HAVE been trying to slowly push towards doing this, but will not have public support- so yes, I think what you are talking about above will happen, sooner rather than later!! Lack of affordable health care in the United States will eventually impair capitalism (through overpriced government-mandated health plans for small business and even corporations), and this will lead to a TON of people shifting toward the supplement industry for answers.

The only fix for this, at least in my eyes, is to mandate supplements and get certain crooks out of the industry, while at the same, educating individuals that preventative medicine (very ****ty in the US) is attainable (through SCHOOL). How can we teach kids to learn enormous amounts of things, but we can't teach them to eat healthy? Doesn't even make sense!!!!!

Long story short, making vitamins and supplements prescription would piss so many people off so quickly, that the FDA would be forced to overturn any decision of this nature.....
    rms,

I'll get back on topic of the thread for a short while. I find your RPM product to look impressive and will definitely give it a go for a couple of months very soon. I emailed for samples yesterday, hopefully there are some left.

You are right, much of the heat on supplements come from the FDA and big pharmacetutical companies, but these people have been rumored to have strong regulatory legislation in the works for years. That doesn't mean they might not get what they want some time soon.

But, can you imagine the fallout. If people think that respect for laws and government reached an all-time low during the Prohibition years. This would make that look small. The results would start a hugh black market without even a smattering of regulation, and the effects would flow over into all pharmaceticals. It would be humorous if not for the numerous deaths and illnesses that would to some extent be put on the heads of those who created the mess. So it's not so much that the government isn't capable of totally ignoring population wants or needs, it's just that here the consequences wouldn't take long to show, and heads would roll before the instigators could move on or move out.

Nope, I don't think the FDA and pharmacies can stop the revolution for long anyway. And, obviously, supplement companies and stores that actually interact with their customers in a serious manner are very much part of that revolution. It creates evangelist customers to help in their marketing, and those intelligent customers are given an input into the possible product decision making process. Very, very cool indeed.

I love your Hell Yeah thread idea too -- so I'll say my...

Hell Yeah

....right here.

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    rms,

I'll get back on topic of the thread for a short while. I find your RPM product to look impressive and will definitely give it a go for a couple of months very soon. I emailed for samples yesterday, hopefully there are some left.

You are right, much of the heat on supplements come from the FDA and big pharmacetutical companies, but these people have been rumored to have strong regulatory legislation in the works for years. That doesn't mean they might not get what they want some time soon.

But, can you imagine the fallout. If people think that respect for laws and government reached an all-time low during the Prohibition years. This would make that look small. The results would start a hugh black market without even a smattering of regulation, and the effects would flow over into all pharmaceticals. It would be humorous if not for the numerous deaths and illnesses that would to some extent be put on the heads of those who created the mess. So it's not so much that the government isn't capable of totally ignoring population wants or needs, it's just that here the consequences wouldn't take long to show, and heads would roll before the instigators could move on or move out.

Nope, I don't think the FDA and pharmacies can stop the revolution for long anyway. And, obviously, supplement companies and stores that actually interact with their customers in a serious manner are very much part of that revolution. It creates evangelist customers to help in their marketing, and those intelligent customers are given an input into the possible product decision making process. Very, very cool indeed.

I love your Hell Yeah thread idea too -- so I'll say my...

Hell Yeah

....right here.

Yeah- got plenty of samples going out this week

Agreed 100% on everything else- the quickest way to lose support/control is to take something away that people love (Prohibition was an EXCELLENT example), and to make them feel like their freedom as an American is being violated (which in this case, it is).

One positive out of potential legislation: it is going to change the way that people view the FDA/FTC and the pharmaceutical companies. I think if the right people ask the right questions, a lot of these organizations/companies are going to lose credibility fast- especially if the media gets involved. The media already IS involved, just on the wrong side of the issue. Drug companies spend millions of dollars advertising with major media outlets, and the conflict of interest/bias is STAGGERING. But if enough people stay informed and find out what is really going on, things can change fast!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

4. Bumpin'
  5. Question

Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    Bumpin'
    Hmm, are you jumpin on the HGW train too? I bet that's why you subbed to this thread... for the icariin studies

Similar Forum Threads

1. A little more info on Trestolone
    By fueledpassion in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2015, 12:00 AM
  2. Dermacrine lv + Formestane Lv = a little more diezel
    By diezel in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
  4. Almost done...need a little more input.
    By deadikated in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 04:59 PM
  5. A little more help.
    By Sldge in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 08:10 PM