Lipotrophin-AM and Sleepiness

djl

Awards
  • Established
Took my first 3 caps this morning with a scoop of Poseidon, and took another 3 caps before lunch with another scoop of Poseidon.

In the morning I got so sleepy, lethargic, that I literally could not keep my eyes open. I made myself a pot of coffee and that took the edge off.

Lunch is over now, and the sleepiness is coming back full strength. Is this a known effect of AM?? I see that it has caffiene in it, but man! Right now, I'm not sure how I'll get through a work day feeling like this...

Anyone have any hints as to what I can do differently that'll give me a much, much needed boost?

Thanks!

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Strange it sounds like you the traits for LP pm

djl

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I had to triple check to make sure I didn't open the wrong bottle--it was early and I was tired, so it could have happend.

But, no, it was definitely AM.

Since it has caffeine and I'm taking 3 per dose, I'm thinking it might not be safe to dose along with Stimulant X or AMP...

Strange it sounds like you the traits for LP pm

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Took my first 3 caps this morning with a scoop of Poseidon, and took another 3 caps before lunch with another scoop of Poseidon.

In the morning I got so sleepy, lethargic, that I literally could not keep my eyes open. I made myself a pot of coffee and that took the edge off.

Lunch is over now, and the sleepiness is coming back full strength. Is this a known effect of AM?? I see that it has caffiene in it, but man! Right now, I'm not sure how I'll get through a work day feeling like this...

Anyone have any hints as to what I can do differently that'll give me a much, much needed boost?

Thanks!

Djl,
The AM was formulated to be a very mild thermogenic in terms of a stimulant effect, but this is the first time I have heard of it making someone drowsy. I am looking at the ingredient profile of Poseidon (a VERY solid nutrient blend, btw), and there may be some interaction between the ingredients in the Poseidon and the Lipo-AM. Folic acid, B6, and MB12 all speed the conversion of phenylalanine to dopamine. Couple this with the fact that Lipo-AM contains mucuna pruriens, a potent source of L-Dopa, and this could be your problem- the combo of these two could cause an overload of dopamine, which can make you drowsy. I think you have simply found a way to make this pathway more effective via supplementation- although inadvertantly :)

Magnesium (also found in Poseidon) has been known to make some people drowsy, and so has L-Dopa. I would suggest taking the Lipo-AM by itself and seeing if the symptoms persist, and then taking the Poseidon by itself as well.

Just split them up- and see what happens- I have the feeling that this will solve your problem ;)

djl

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thank you! I SO glad there's a potential explanation!!

I'll not be taking Poseidon and Lipo-AM together anymore.

What would you suggest the dosing schedule be?

I do early AM fasted cardio with Purple Wraath, and I'd planned on taking Lipo-AM immediately upon waking.

Would Poseidon potentially still cause problems if taken 1.5 hours after taking Lipo-AM?

Thanks again for your help!

Djl,
The AM was formulated to be a very mild thermogenic in terms of a stimulant effect, but this is the first time I have heard of it making someone drowsy. I am looking at the ingredient profile of Poseidon (a VERY solid nutrient blend, btw), and there may be some interaction between the Poseidon and the Lipo-AM- magnesium has been known to make some people drowsy. I would suggest taking the Lipo-AM by itself and seeing if the symptoms persist, and then taking the Poseidon by itself as well.

Just split them up- and see what happens.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cool, thank you! I SO glad there's a potential explanation!!

I'll not be taking Poseidon and Lipo-AM together anymore.

What would you suggest the dosing schedule be?

I do early AM fasted cardio with Purple Wraath, and I'd planned on taking Lipo-AM immediately upon waking.

Would Poseidon potentially still cause problems if taken 1.5 hours after taking Lipo-AM?

Thanks again for your help!
No problem :) You posed a very interesting situation/question- supplements can have interactions just like anything else- and I am glad we could come up with a potential solution.

Poseidon also improves the digestion of nutrients, which may also play a role- not a bad thing in itself (very beneficial in most situations), but you may have to play around with the doses of anything you are going to take directly with it, or simply dose it alone.

I think the Poseidon would be perfectly fine if taken 1.5-2 hours AFTER the Lipo-AM- I would not cut the Poseidon out of your regimen, because it is such a beneficial supplement, not just from an anabolic/hydration standpoint, but also from a health/wellness point of emphasis as well.

Also, to answer your other question, you would be fine in taking the AM immediately upon waking- that is what we recommend.

Hint: I may have to pick some Poseidon up for myself ;)

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
No problem :) You posed a very interesting situation/question- supplements can have interactions just like anything else- and I am glad we could come up with a potential solution.

Poseidon also improves the digestion of nutrients, which may also play a role- not a bad thing in itself (very beneficial in most situations), but you may have to play around with the doses of anything you are going to take directly with it, or simply dose it alone.

I think the Poseidon would be perfectly fine if taken 1.5-2 hours AFTER the Lipo-AM- I would not cut the Poseidon out of your regimen, because it is such a beneficial supplement, not just from an anabolic/hydration standpoint, but also from a health/wellness point of emphasis as well.

Also, to answer your other question, you would be fine in taking the AM immediately upon waking- that is what we recommend.

Hint: I may have to pick some Poseidon up for myself ;)
Just finding this post...rms80 explanation makes perfect sense IMO. I agree with testing his hypothesis by taking the 2 products at separate times. 1.5-2 hours should be sufficient, but try it out and let us know what you find...I'm interested in picking up some AM now and testing it for myself! lol!

Great thread guys! Reps for all! :thumbsup:

Workin

djl

Awards
  • Established
Alright, Lipo-AM by itself led to a slow, steady increase in energy. Very refreshing!

I'm at work now and just chugged my scoop of Poseidon.

BTW, I took 3 Lipo-PM with Poseidon last night. Have to say that was about the best night's sleep I've had in a long, long time! I did have to wake up once to take care of my bladder, but other than that it was amazing!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just finding this post...rms80 explanation makes perfect sense IMO. I agree with testing his hypothesis by taking the 2 products at separate times. 1.5-2 hours should be sufficient, but try it out and let us know what you find...I'm interested in picking up some AM now and testing it for myself! lol!

Great thread guys! Reps for all! :thumbsup:

Workin
Trade ya :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alright, Lipo-AM by itself led to a slow, steady increase in energy. Very refreshing!

BTW, I took 3 Lipo-PM with Poseidon last night. Have to say that was about the best night's sleep I've had in a long, long time! I did have to wake up once to take care of my bladder, but other than that it was amazing!
Glad to see everything worked out- I learned something myself!!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

Great feedback! Hopefully your problem is solved. :)

Workin

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established

I laughed at this lol just the fact that you found something awesome lol. I read the first thread and My immediate thought was the MB12 then I read further and saw it was answered.

I work shift ( military) so Im taking Lipo am at 1030 pm :) and again at 0300 am before my lift at 0430 I was shocked at the thread title at first glance :)

workin is RMS wont trade ya ill trade anything for Posiedon. even my Son who is a pain in the ass right now:icon_lol:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I laughed at this lol just the fact that you found something awesome lol. I read the first thread and My immediate thought was the MB12 then I read further and saw it was answered.

I work shift ( military) so Im taking Lipo am at 1030 pm :) and again at 0300 am before my lift at 0430 I was shocked at the thread title at first glance :)

workin is RMS wont trade ya ill trade anything for Posiedon. even my Son who is a pain in the ass right now:icon_lol:
LOL! ;)

Thats a tough schedule Outside Backer. Are you in the Army?

Workin

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Airforce never ever say army lollolol