Why does Lipotrophin-PM contain green tea?

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
Hi there,

Green tea has known stimulant effects from alkaloids including caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline. Why would one want to take it before bed?

This is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it, everything gives me insomnia.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Hi there,

Green tea has known stimulant effects from alkaloids including caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline. Why would one want to take it before bed?

This is the only thing that has stopped me from buying it, everything gives me insomnia.
Hey Rex!

The green tea extract utilized is standardized to contain no stimulants. You're getting good health benefits, as well as fat loss properties while sleeping like a baby. Give it a try!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
P.S.~ Feedback from users thus far shows you'll probably find that you sleep better than usual. :)

Let us know if you have further questions!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi there,

The caffeine content of the green tea that we use is actually very low- Lipo-PM will help you sleep better, not keep you up :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If it has bacopa (I have no clue what is in this stuff - similar to cAmp I'm thinking) - that will likely give you more trouble than anything (at first).

Some people get a bit of a stim effect from bacopa at first.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If it has bacopa (I have no clue what is in this stuff - similar to cAmp I'm thinking) - that will likely give you more trouble than anything (at first).

Some people get a bit of a stim effect from bacopa at first.

Bacopa actually has a mild sedative effect ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - whatever it was in the USP REM formula made it VERY difficult for me to get to sleep the first week or so I was on it. I though it was bacopa.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Green tea in itself is very low in methylxanthine content, which is in a nearly 2:1 with L-Theanine.. Theanine is calming, so even the most caffiene sensitive can take an extract without jitters, not to mention most 100mg green tea extracts only have at most 12mg caffiene..

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
great post big pete

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well - whatever it was in the USP REM formula made it VERY difficult for me to get to sleep the first week or so I was on it. I though it was bacopa.
A number of people have had problems initially falling asleep with the Powerfull extract which is in REM. Bacopa is an anxiolytic and can be sedative in some people... everyone reacts differently.