Lipotrophin - PM Log

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Reason for trying product:
I am stimulant sensitive so I have been looking into the various weight loss/management supplements for several months. I was almost ready to buy another night time/non-stimulant products when I saw the notice on the board for the new sponsor/supplement company.

I looked at their products and the Lipotrophin-PM jumped out at me. I sent a couple of e-mails to Dirk asking about samples and clarifying the product. He was kind enough to offer a bottle for me to do a trial with so here I am.

I just finished a nasty bout with a virus that’s going around here in Denver and haven’t been doing anything but trying to sleep, fighting a massive sinus headache, coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose and trying to breath for over 3 weeks now. So it’s a perfect time to restart my routine and supps. I know what response I was getting before so adding in the Lipotrophin-PM will be easy to track.

I have had problems with some products I’ve tried in the past not working for me (haven’t worked or I’m a non-responder) so I am looking forward to this new product line.

I will be updating every week (it helps keeps me motivated being a scale watcher). I will be measuring at home and using my home scale for consistency.

I don’t have a digital cam so pictures may not happen (I’ll try to borrow one & then figure how to upload etc).

Per Dirk’s request I will be posting on 3 different boards so those of you who belong to several will see this repeated.

Stats: all are cold measurements
R. Forearm – 13”
R. Bi – 15 ½”
Chest – 43”
Stomach (above belly button) – 42 ½”
Waist – 38”
Hips – 41”
R. Thigh – 24”
R. Calf – 16 ¾”

Age – 58 ½
H – 5’ 11 ½”
W – 208#
BF – 20% (7 point caliper measurement)

Routine: Upper/Lower split
½ hr cardio each workout

I never go for max lifts just higher sets/reps and I do not have a training partner so my weights tend to be lower & sets/higher reps

Week 1: Week 2:
M - Upper Lower
W – Lower Upper
F – Upper Lower

Upper Body - 3-4 sets 12-15 reps
BB Bench Press
Assisted pull-ups
Standing DB Lateral Raise
Shrugs
Standing E-Z bar Curl
Triceps Press
Ab Crunch/Hanging Leg Raise superset

Lower Body - 3-4 sets 12-15 reps
Seated Leg Extensions
Prone Leg Curls
Incline Leg Press
Standing Calf Raise
Hyperextensions
Standing behind back BB Wrist Curl
Ab Crunch/Hanging Leg Raise superset

Supplements:

Multi-Vitamin
Multi-Mineral
Glucosamine formula
Vit-B5
Vit-C
Vit-D
Vit-E
St. John’s Wort
Co Q10
B-12
B-50 formula
DHEA 25 mg
Omega Plex (essential oils)
Prostate formula
ZMA
Universal Kits’ pGHt

Morning only:
Androgel 1.25 mg

Personal & Training history:
I am 58 ½ years old, need to watch my cholesterol, acid reflux, have low end hormone levels and I drive my sleep Doc crazy trying to stabilize my insomnia & RLS.

I am a semi-retired 5th degree BB instructor in TKD & a former certified Nautilus trainer. I haven’t regularly trained since the mid 90s and have developed some health and sleep issues.

Started back into strength/fitness about 1 ½ years ago to improve overall health and recomp from 220# and close to 30% BF.

Had great initial success (muscle memory etc) but have been at a plateau for about 9 months. I have what I think are reasonable training routines (I switch things every 8 weeks or so) staying with mostly big compound movements. Years of abuse have taken a toll on my knees and back so I don’t do squats or dead lift movements.

I have managed over the last year & a half to get down to 210# & about 20% BF but am stuck. I’m not super on starving myself but I don’t overeat. My diet is semi-clean & my wife is shifting us into the Glycemic Index foods lifestyle.

Goals:
My overall goal is to drop my weight down to 200# or less and 15% BF or less while getting rid of my pot belly.

Hope this wasn't to much info. I promise the updates will be short and sweet.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great detail so far!!

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
looking forward to this log!! Good luck hope you enjoy!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well I actually started the product last friday so this will be day 5. The only thing I've noticed so far is "maybe' a slight improvement in the depth of sleep in between my wake ups. Like I said I drive my sleep Dr crazy trying to find a med that will put me down AND keep me down throughout the nite. I wake up 2 - 5 times a night. The last couple of nights it seems that I haven't awakened as many times and it feels like I've been in a deeper state than usual. So the sleep aspect of the product might be happening for me. I'll have to wait to assess this over the entire trial as i will sometimes seem to be doing better only to have a night where I spend it in what I call 1 hr cat naps all night.

I won't be weighing until the weelend and will measure the pot belly then also.

First workout in over 3 weeks last night. Easing back into it, lower weight and only 2 sets but it felt good getting back. And even with a reduced w/o I fell it this morning (upper body day). I especially feel it in the low back (always a problem) most likely from the Upright rows - I think I need to drop the weight even more (did 2 sets 65# x 12 reps) and watch my form closer.

Anyone else out there trying this product yet?

I really wish I weren't so sensetive to stims or I would try the AM/PM stack.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good so far at least you qulity of sleep seems to be improving!!
I know for myself i love a night thermo that can help you achieve that deep level of sleep.

Lets hopw this aspect of the product continues to imporve with each does. Very interested in seeing how it works please keep us updated.

Keep it up!!:head:

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Update: Monday 2/26

Stomach:41 1/4" -3/4"
Waist: 37 1/4" -3/4"
Hips:39" -2"
Wt: 206# -2#

I haven't redone the BF by calipers but from just a quick body weight calculation. Only worked out twice last week (virus still hanging around) upper body on Mon & Fri and only 3 sets of everything.

When I did all of my measurements I was at 20% & 210# that = 168# lean mass. So I figure I'm close to 18% so a netr loss of 2%.

I have to say I'm very pleased for just 10 days on product.

If this keeps up for the length of the wholw bottle (40 days) I'll have to spend a lot of money on new clothes !!!

This week I hope to get in a full 3 workouts this week and a full 4 sets on all. still breaking back into the amount of wieght but I figure in 3 weeks i should be back close to my regular poundages & reps. Then start adding on again.

So far...so good.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
glg,

You mentioned wishing you could use the AM/PM stack.

Are you currently using the PM, 1 dose/day before bed?

If so, I'd suggest adding in a second dose of PM during the day. 20-30 minutes before a protein/carb meal would probably be a good time. rms80, any input on this?

A 3rd dose/day in the future would probably not hurt, but I'd only go 2 doses/day at first.

Hope this helps!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Would a second dose be 3 caps?

What time of day would be most beneficial?

When/how would a person determine if this regime would be appropriate?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Would a second dose be 3 caps?

What time of day would be most beneficial?

When/how would a person determine if this regime would be appropriate?
3 caps would be correct, if that is the correct dosage for your weight. You could start with 2 caps at your daytime dose if you want to play it safe. I see no real negative side effects to speak of, but suggest you do your daytime dose a while before a meal, to avoid any potential hypoglycemic effects from the corosolic acid (which I suspect you won't experience much if at all).

The daytime dose time would be based on when you eat and when you go to bed partially. If you hit the sack at 7 pm it's gonna be different than if you go to bed at 11 pm.

So, you'll have to make a judgement call. I'd do the daytime dose about 20-30 minutes before a daytime meal. Lunch? Late morning snack? Early afternoon snack? Your call!

The determination of whether it would be appropriate is simply a matter of whether you want to try to turn the dial up on the fat burning. I think on the AN site there may even be a recommendation for those who dislike stims to use Lipo PM as a 24 hour fatburner.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
3 caps would be correct, if that is the correct dosage for your weight. You could start with 2 caps at your daytime dose if you want to play it safe. I see no real negative side effects to speak of, but suggest you do your daytime dose a while before a meal, to avoid any potential hypoglycemic effects from the corosolic acid (which I suspect you won't experience much if at all).

The daytime dose time would be based on when you eat and when you go to bed partially. If you hit the sack at 7 pm it's gonna be different than if you go to bed at 11 pm.

So, you'll have to make a judgement call. I'd do the daytime dose about 20-30 minutes before a daytime meal. Lunch? Late morning snack? Early afternoon snack? Your call!

The determination of whether it would be appropriate is simply a matter of whether you want to try to turn the dial up on the fat burning. I think on the AN site there may even be a recommendation for those who dislike stims to use Lipo PM as a 24 hour fatburner.
Good answer!! Can Lipo-PM be used as a 24-hour non-stimulant fat burner? Absolutely! We are looking into installing a protocol for this on the website

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well I think I'll run this first bottle as once a day rather than change up in the middle of the trial. That way the bottle will last a month+. After that if it continues to work as well as it has so far then I'll have to get a couple of bottles to try 2 doses a day.

Which brings up the question of how long can a person run the product and whether a break is needed at any point.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I think I'll run this first bottle as once a day rather than change up in the middle of the trial. That way the bottle will last a month+. After that if it continues to work as well as it has so far then I'll have to get a couple of bottles to try 2 doses a day.

Which brings up the question of how long can a person run the product and whether a break is needed at any point.
I have been taking it for about six months straight with great results- you don't really need to take a break from it:)

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking it for about six months straight with great results- you don't really need to take a break from it:)
Are you trying to contine loosing weight or are you on a maintenance type of program?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you trying to contine loosing weight or are you on a maintenance type of program?
Maintenance-type program- I run track, so I am trying to stay in the 212-216 range or maybe get a little lower (I am 6'3"), w/o sacrificing muscle mass. I am probably around 7% or so bf right now

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Update 3/06

Last week was a mess. Not that I'm a clean dierter but way to much chocolate ( I am a recovering Chocoholic...LOL).

And I didn't get the quality workouts I was hoping for.

So with all those excuses lined up heres this weeks report:

Stomach: 42 1/4" >1" but it looks tighter I the mirror (???)
Waist: 37 3/4" >1/2"
Butt: 39 1/2" >1/2"
Wt: 208# >2# all week it was floating between 206 -208# so as long as it doesn't jump again I think it's OK.

Chest: 40 1/2" <2 1/2" (getting rid of some of my manboobs)
Bicep: 15 1/2" no change
Thigh: 23 1/2" <1/2"
Calf: 16 1/2" <1/4

So not sure what the BF% would be but I see some recomp taking place and the scale isn't scaring yet.

My wife has made some comments lately that are encouraging.

She was trying to massage my neck/traps and said it was more difficult as there was more muscle to work on than before.

In the shower she mentioned that my butt looked tighter.

The other day while I was getting dressed she mentioned how big my legs seemed to be getting.

So even tho the size hasn't changed a lot it sounds like she is noticing a positive shift in muscle composition.

Still have 1/2 the bottle left so I'm thinking this is definitely working since my workouts haven't been all that great.

On a sad note I don't think I'm getting a sustained effect on the sleep issue. I'm back to my normal toss & turn, lying awake, waking up often etc. I keep wondering how my life would be different if I actually got 8 hrs of straight sleep a night. Oh well.....

So I still feel this is a worthwhile product and am considering doing a second month with the 2 doses a day mentioned above.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
showering with the wife :)

i miss those days damn kids stopped that :)

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
showering with the wife :)

i miss those days damn kids stopped that :)
Yeah you have to wait 'til they are out - the benefit of middle age (one of the few). Being a grandparent makes it under your control (until they all move back in with you....LOL)

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Partial up-date 3/13/07

Stepped on the scale tha morning but didn't have time to take some measurements. Will do that tonight and post...

This morning, fresh from the shower...hope I wasn't waterlogged..

204# !!!!!

That's an official 4# loss with whatever additional body mass I've managed to put on with the limited workouts I've had.

I still have at least 1 week of the product left maybe more, as I recall at the 3 per day I am taking it worked out to 5+ weeks per bottle.

My actual loss may be more as I was floating between 208 -210 # when I started and I like to think I've put on a few ounces of muscle...LOL

So I am very pleased with the product...tho I am not getting the sleep aspect I was hoping for. But I didn't ask for it with the sleep in mind. I wanted a non-stim thermo and it is living up to that expectation very well.

I will post my stats tonight after i get home...have to go get my shoulder shot up..re-occuring joint impingement. One of these days i'll finally let them go in and do some scraping/cutting but not just yet. I'm a big 58 yr old sissy when it comes to that sort of thing. Of course I'm freaked by needle to so that will be one of the tipping factors...when it starts happening more than every couple of years.

More later....

If you have a need for a night time non-stim weight management product I would definitely recommend this!!!

As I said I plan on trying a day time dose next cycle as well as the night time and see what that does. I may get skinny again...LOL

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Thats awesome progress bro!!

Keep it up!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Partial up-date 3/13/07

Stepped on the scale tha morning but didn't have time to take some measurements. Will do that tonight and post...

This morning, fresh from the shower...hope I wasn't waterlogged..

204# !!!!!

That's an official 4# loss with whatever additional body mass I've managed to put on with the limited workouts I've had.

I still have at least 1 week of the product left maybe more, as I recall at the 3 per day I am taking it worked out to 5+ weeks per bottle.

My actual loss may be more as I was floating between 208 -210 # when I started and I like to think I've put on a few ounces of muscle...LOL

So I am very pleased with the product...tho I am not getting the sleep aspect I was hoping for. But I didn't ask for it with the sleep in mind. I wanted a non-stim thermo and it is living up to that expectation very well.

I will post my stats tonight after i get home...have to go get my shoulder shot up..re-occuring joint impingement. One of these days i'll finally let them go in and do some scraping/cutting but not just yet. I'm a big 58 yr old sissy when it comes to that sort of thing. Of course I'm freaked by needle to so that will be one of the tipping factors...when it starts happening more than every couple of years.

More later....

If you have a need for a night time non-stim weight management product I would definitely recommend this!!!

As I said I plan on trying a day time dose next cycle as well as the night time and see what that does. I may get skinny again...LOL
Gary,

Great Progress!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo:

Well the scale this morning was about 203#. Another pound gone !! This was good since I blew last weeks training off. Shoulder needed a cortisone shot, worked late etc etc.

I didn't expect to have any change at all.

So that's a net loss of approx 7#s in 4 weeks without intense workouts or major dietary changes.

For me that's great!! I spent the entire last year trying to get back into shape, eat better & less and only lost about 10#

I can finally see the difference in the belly bulge, man tits and I've had to bring the belt in a notch (depending on the pants).

I'm really looking forward to trying the product twice a day starting in a couple of weeks.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
GLG,

I personally am looking forward to seeing what kind of results you get with increased dosing. Keep up the good work man, you're on the right path!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:woohoo:

Well the scale this morning was about 203#. Another pound gone !! This was good since I blew last weeks training off. Shoulder needed a cortisone shot, worked late etc etc.

I didn't expect to have any change at all.

So that's a net loss of approx 7#s in 4 weeks without intense workouts or major dietary changes.

For me that's great!! I spent the entire last year trying to get back into shape, eat better & less and only lost about 10#

I can finally see the difference in the belly bulge, man tits and I've had to bring the belt in a notch (depending on the pants).

I'm really looking forward to trying the product twice a day starting in a couple of weeks.
Great results Gary!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well I have decided to finish off this week then do a detox/cleanse (another product from a different company). That will last a week then I am going to shift into a 2 a day dosage.

I will also be trrying the full stack - Neovar, Osteo-C, IGF formula.

By that time my shoulder will be in much better shape and I ca focus on building some lean mass while I'm still melting the BF.

I will start a seperate thread when all of that starts up.

I will post a final report next week on this trial.

I want to thank the group at AN again for giving me the opportunity to try their products.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I have decided to finish off this week then do a detox/cleanse (another product from a different company). That will last a week then I am going to shift into a 2 a day dosage.

I will also be trrying the full stack - Neovar, Osteo-C, IGF formula.

By that time my shoulder will be in much better shape and I ca focus on building some lean mass while I'm still melting the BF.

I will start a seperate thread when all of that starts up.

I will post a final report next week on this trial.

I want to thank the group at AN again for giving me the opportunity to try their products.
The detox/cleanse is a great idea- I do the same thing every couple months- it really does make you feel better!!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah when I'm on schedule and such I do it every 3 months. I'm an independent distributor for a multi-level nutritional company and it's one of their product line. Most of the things I use are from them but there are a few things they aren't involved in so that's where other products like the Lipo-PM & the NeoVar stack come in.

The herbal cleanse is a 10 day process of flushing then building back up the system (liver, kidneys, intestinal etc). I alsaws can tell a big difference when I start back up on producy afterwards (they recommend you cease as many supplements as possible during the cleanse).

I always come out a few pounds lighter...LOL

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Final report

Weigh in today 200#
That's a steady weight for a week now.

That means a total loss of 10# That's the most i've lost without being majorly sick or recovering from a surgery.

This is definitely a kick-### product.

Starting Ending Change
Weight - 210# 200# -10#
R. Forearm – 13” 13# n/c
R. Bi – 15 ½” 15' -1/2"
Chest – 43” 42 1/2" -1/2"
Stomach - 42 ½” 40 1/2' -2 1/2"
Waist – 38” 37 1/4" -3/4"
Hips – 41” 39" -2"
R. Thigh – 24” 23 5/8" -3/8"
R. Calf – 16 ¾” 17 1/4" +1/2"

I am very satisfied and have ordered 2 bottles from nutraplanet.

AN has been kind enough to send the neovar/IGF-2/Osteo-C stack.

I am going to run the Lipo-PM at twice a day and do the stack - 4 weeks worth. I the stack is going well or at least starting to kick in i plan on ordering another 4 weeks worth and run the whole thing for 8 weeks.

Thanks to those of you who have followed this run and have provided feedback.

I will start a seperate thread for the stack.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Final report

Weigh in today 200#
That's a steady weight for a week now.

That means a total loss of 10# That's the most i've lost without being majorly sick or recovering from a surgery.

This is definitely a kick-### product.

Starting Ending Change
Weight - 210# 200# -10#
R. Forearm – 13” 13# n/c
R. Bi – 15 ½” 15' -1/2"
Chest – 43” 42 1/2" -1/2"
Stomach - 42 ½” 40 1/2' -2 1/2"
Waist – 38” 37 1/4" -3/4"
Hips – 41” 39" -2"
R. Thigh – 24” 23 5/8" -3/8"
R. Calf – 16 ¾” 17 1/4" +1/2"

I am very satisfied and have ordered 2 bottles from nutraplanet.

AN has been kind enough to send the neovar/IGF-2/Osteo-C stack.

I am going to run the Lipo-PM at twice a day and do the stack - 4 weeks worth. I the stack is going well or at least starting to kick in i plan on ordering another 4 weeks worth and run the whole thing for 8 weeks.

Thanks to those of you who have followed this run and have provided feedback.

I will start a seperate thread for the stack.

Great results- we are looking forward to the Neo/IGF-2/Osteo-C log!!