Effect of hills on sprint training....

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    I'm not training for anything in particular, I just like to be in peak condition... like a freakin ninja! I grew up watching kung fu movies so I think that had an impact on my idea of a "normal" life. My life has always revolved around 2 things:

    1) training the body
    2) training the mind

    Unfortunately I haven't always been dedicated and the status quo is on constant attack. But when I'm "well" I generally get around 4 hours of physical training and 4 hours of mental training per day. Mostly though I just do it cause it's a lot of fun.

    EDIT: I just re-read all that. Kinda makes me sound like a prick.
    No it doesn't Believe me, I see the light....you can't do what you want to do in life if they are not in constant harmony!!


  2. hey aeter, you say you are into ninpo- do you know doug?

    ...the only real instructor around here...
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    I'm not training for anything in particular, I just like to be in peak condition... like a freakin ninja! I grew up watching kung fu movies so I think that had an impact on my idea of a "normal" life. My life has always revolved around 2 things:

    1) training the body
    2) training the mind

    Unfortunately I haven't always been dedicated and the status quo is on constant attack. But when I'm "well" I generally get around 4 hours of physical training and 4 hours of mental training per day. Mostly though I just do it cause it's a lot of fun.

    EDIT: I just re-read all that. Kinda makes me sound like a prick.
    Heyhey.. what is this mental training you speaketh of?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by babolat View Post
    hey aeter, you say you are into ninpo- do you know doug?

    ...the only real instructor around here...
    No. I trained under Philip Gigler who ran Seattle Budokan Ninjutsu but has since moved to a new dojo in Vancouver . They were the only nearby dojo I could find that was accredited through Sensei Masaaki Hatsumi's main council in Japan.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

  5. Oh.

    that sucks! Im going to get into survival fighting pretty soon, so itll be probably almost as fun.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by babolat View Post
    Oh.

    that sucks! Im going to get into survival fighting pretty soon, so itll be probably almost as fun.
    I donno if you like combining esoteric practices with your martial arts, but I met a teacher named Dennis Sharp who teaches Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and southern style Kung Fu. The man is incredible. His training is actually centered around the energies of the different seasons and he gives mini-lessons on how to utilize Qi and herbs and other "mysitcal" stuff... which I love! I've only had the pleasure of training under him for a couple of months, but he is a gifted teacher and practitioner. Despite being esoteric, he's very real and the skills he teaches you are quite useful.

    I believe he's offering classes through North Seattle Community College Extended Learning if that's anywhere near you. I'm thinking of signing up for it so I can reunite with him. But he also offers regular classes... at least, last I heard he did.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

  7. That would be cool-contact info?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
  2. effects of sust on the body?
    By stage1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
  3. effects of heat on PHs?
    By littlemark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 01:30 PM
  4. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 01:19 AM
  5. effects of heat on T1pro?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Log in
Log in